U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2012, 10:45 PM

16,196 posts, read 23,387,472 times

Advertisements

Hi, My name is Janis, I had a best friend Debbie DeWing, in High School, 1970' South High, Bakersfield, Calif.

I last saw Her back in the early 70's, we both had small children, She a daughter Sarah, and an infant son and we were all still in Bakersfield.
She had married a Mexican man, I believe his first name was George I do not remember his last name for sure, but for some reason I have always thought Rodriguez.

I have lived in North Dakota since 1981, and have been home many times to Bakersfield, but never able to locate her.

She has several brothers and sisters. Her family relocated to Florida back in 70's. I remember her younger brother was Bob.

I remember her mother had twin daughters when we were still in high school. Her mother at that time 68-70' was married to a man by the name of Finigan, sp? From New York, He was a dental technician. Her Mother didn't work outside the home, she was a stay at home mom, I believe there were 7 children, and Debbie was the eldest. I will check back daily.

I have always wondered how she is, she was a very caring friend. I have very few friends from those days that I would even try to locate, but have always hoped to locate Debbie.

She would be approximately 58-60 years now. Her Daughter Sarah would be approximately late 30's. Her Brother Bob approx. middle to late 50's.

She did have other brothers and sister but I can't recall their names, Bob was closest to our age when we would hang out together.

If you have any information I would really enjoy being able to talk to her and catch up, it has been so long. Thanks all

Last edited by JanND; 01-04-2012 at 10:47 PM.. Reason: spelling
Rate this post positively

Old 02-22-2012, 06:39 PM

No news yet. Still hoping. If you know any info, please post. Thanks, Jan

Old 11-24-2012, 08:10 AM

Still trying....Robert "Bob" DeWing? There were twin girls born into her family in the late 60's. Her step father, can't recall his last name...something very Irish...Finnegan? was from the east coast, a dental technician, or something to do with making partials, false teeth....He is the father of the twins. There were about 7-8 kids in the family...I get the impression at least two different fathers.I've tried facebook....

Old 12-01-2012, 11:38 PM

5,169 posts, read 7,053,044 times
Good luck, JanND. I wish I were good at searching.

Old 12-02-2012, 07:01 AM

Thank you Annie. I appreciate the bump up...LOL

Old 12-02-2012, 09:04 AM

13,177 posts, read 18,257,178 times
If you have had no luck, or success, close to a year now, maybe try other ideas.

Sometimes it is easier to find someone who knows Debbie Dewing, than to find Debbie herself.

Good luck on your search.

Old 12-02-2012, 07:34 PM

Thank you. I thought perhaps someone related might have seen her name.

Old 12-16-2012, 06:43 AM

5 posts, read 12,732 times
Default Debbie

Hi Janis, This is really a long shot so please don't get your hopes up. I am also searching for a girl named Debbie that I haven't seen since the early seventies. There are several bits of info that match your search so I figured I might as well give it a try. Please search my name (Jerry Hare) on this forum and look at the picture of Debbie that I am searching for. Let me know if she is "your Debbie"

Thanks. Jerry Hare

Old 03-05-2014, 06:40 PM

Default 2 years and no responses:(

Hoping someone will notice this thread again....and there will be a family member that replys. If anyone knows
Deborah DeWing....her brother's Bobby or Bob...or Martin....Sh had several sisters...including twins girls about 15 years younger....different last name...Their father was named Frank....Irish last name, Donahey? He was originally from New York...Please send a message if any of this sounds familiar. The family moved to Florida, except Debbie who got married about 1970...with a spanish sur name....Gonzales or Ramirez...and Debbie stayed in Bakersfield area....I last had contact with her approx December, when we ran into each other at the Christmas parade in approx 1974-75. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Old 03-06-2014, 03:18 PM

13,177 posts, read 18,257,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanND View Post
Still trying....There were about 7-8 kids in the family...I get the impression at least two different fathers.I've tried facebook....
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanND View Post
Hoping someone will notice this thread again....and there will be a family member that replys. If anyone knows
Deborah DeWing....her brother's Bobby or Bob...or Martin....Sh had several sisters...including twins girls about 15 years younger....different last name...Their father was named Frank....Irish last name, Donahey? He was originally from New York...Please send a message if any of this sounds familiar. The family moved to Florida, except Debbie who got married about 1970...with a spanish sur name....Gonzales or Ramirez...and Debbie stayed in Bakersfield area....I last had contact with her approx December, when we ran into each other at the Christmas parade in approx 1974-75. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Jan,
Have you tried another angle? Do you know or think all these kids had the same biological Mother?
If so, maybe she and her first husband can be found in the 1940 census. If you are not sure of their names and their location then of course that won't help you.
Then you look for the Mother's siblings.
Her Mother's siblings kids would be Debbie's biological cousins or step cousins. You never know which person in the entire family tree might be the person who remembers something about Debbie more recent than your last known date of 1975.
Continued good luck for you on this one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search