Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2015, 08:02 AM

14,466 posts, read 20,644,378 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellwood View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yhana Heran View Post
Philippines
Check your messages if you would like ideas how to use the good link posted by Ellwood.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2015, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by howard555 View Post
Check your messages if you would like ideas how to use the good link posted by Ellwood.
Try this:
USS Carl Vinson (CVN 70) NorPac and WestPac Cruise Book 1989-90 -

Click on Command and Staff. Click on the first photo. Click on next page until you get to the very end which is over 400 pages. Be careful to notice that on the right edge of the page, if there is not a gray strip it means that you need to scroll to the right to see the other photos. A few have two pages on one. Others are page by page. You have to make sure you look at all photos and names on all pages and make sure you do not miss the pages that are on the right side when you see a "white" right edge. It starts at page 136. You'll quickly get to a E. G. Carlson on page 140. Not the name you have been told.

Go to page 182 and you will see what I mean about the non gray strip along the right side. It is because page 183 is there too. Scroll to the right to see the photos on page 183. Same for 184-185. If there is a gray strip along the edge then only one page of photos is there. They are in alphabetical order but only by their rank. So, you can see A thru R and then A again if the rank changes on the same page. You have to look very closely. Good luck.

Old 11-16-2015, 06:41 PM

5 posts, read 4,487 times
Thanks a lot.

Old 06-13-2020, 05:42 AM

1 posts, read 333 times
Hi looking for Charlie Jackson from Arizona Usa I think
My adopted son he just needs to have his information to know more about him not contact him.
Stationed 1965/1966 served 20th TAC fighter wing Wethersfield Essex England USA airforce
I would be grateful if anything can be advised how to find him
Thank you Elizabeth Rowland
[email]elizabeth_roast@yahoo.co.uk[/email]

Old 06-13-2020, 06:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roastdinner View Post
Hi looking for Charlie Jackson from Arizona Usa I think
My adopted son he just needs to have his information to know more about him not contact him.
Stationed 1965/1966 served 20th TAC fighter wing Wethersfield Essex England USA airforce
I would be grateful if anything can be advised how to find him
Thank you Elizabeth Rowland
elizabeth_roast@yahoo.co.uk
This site has search tools you may find someone who knew him and could remotely know where he might be.
https://www.vetfriends.com/units2/10...field,-england

In the meantime other (of the more) talented people on here will come along soon and try their techniques on the name you have.

Old 06-14-2020, 11:54 AM

23,866 posts, read 33,545,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by howard555 View Post
This site has search tools you may find someone who knew him and could remotely know where he might be.
https://www.vetfriends.com/units2/10...field,-england

In the meantime other (of the more) talented people on here will come along soon and try their techniques on the name you have.
Hopefully she comes back. Her son should do DNA at ancestry. If she comes back I'll explain it to her. DM me if I don't get back here if she does.

Old 06-14-2020, 04:49 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 5 days ago)

35,620 posts, read 17,953,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
Hopefully she comes back. Her son should do DNA at ancestry. If she comes back I'll explain it to her. DM me if I don't get back here if she does.
I completely agree - I was going to post exactly that.

In cases where the searcher doesn't even know the name of the person they're searching for, it seems a really good start would be to go to Ancestry and have your DNA compared to others to locate a relative of her father.

Old 06-15-2020, 06:39 AM

23,866 posts, read 33,545,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
I completely agree - I was going to post exactly that.

In cases where the searcher doesn't even know the name of the person they're searching for, it seems a really good start would be to go to Ancestry and have your DNA compared to others to locate a relative of her father.
That's how they do it on the show long lost family if the poster wants to google. They upload free to My Heritage and FTDNA for free family matching. DNA makes it so much easier now
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search