U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2013, 12:54 PM

41 posts, read 47,501 times

Advertisements

i only get email nofications when i get a direct message. I didnt know you can get them from the post too, i need to look at my settings lol
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2013, 01:02 PM

5 posts, read 8,988 times
Hello jessicalynn927,
I was in your similar situation many years ago. I went to Ancestry.com. It took quite awhile but I finally got very frustrated & posted on a family bulletin board. Your task is a bit harder since you don't have the spelling . I was lucky and a step-sister answered the post. There are many ways to go. I was born in Virginia but don't have any people there, anymore. Good luck to you.

Weeser1

Old 01-20-2013, 08:54 PM

43,011 posts, read 101,661,772 times
Yes, I think you look like him. Do you have any other family members who can help put the pressure on your mother to quit being secretive? Have you asked your relatives and her life-long friends? Maybe they remember something she told them back when she was pregnant or shortly after you were born. If your mother or anyone was hiding something from you when you were younger to protect you, I'm sure most people would realize you're old enough to handle the truth now that you're an adult. Your mother is being selfish and immature about this. A child has a right to know these things once old enough.

Old 01-21-2013, 09:37 AM

12,726 posts, read 17,706,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
Do you have any other family members who can help put the pressure on your mother to quit being secretive?

put the pressure on = 10 kids + wig + move in = inside joke to Jessica.

Old 01-21-2013, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by howard555 View Post
put the pressure on = 10 kids + wig + move in = inside joke to Jessica.
lol!!

@hope Im pretty much at a dead end with my family regarding my father. They wont tell me any thing. My mom says she has told me all she knows so Im pretty much left to myself to find him, its very stressful. I just hope I can come across him or some one that knows and, and knows forsure its him. Im going to have my husband make some calls to some alexander fergusons and see what I can come up with. I dont want to make the call myself because what if his wife answers or something and shes like why is a girl looking for my husband and it makes it a more awkward situation this it is.

Old 01-23-2013, 12:36 PM

7,076 posts, read 7,766,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
Yes, I think you look like him. Do you have any other family members who can help put the pressure on your mother to quit being secretive? Have you asked your relatives and her life-long friends? Maybe they remember something she told them back when she was pregnant or shortly after you were born. If your mother or anyone was hiding something from you when you were younger to protect you, I'm sure most people would realize you're old enough to handle the truth now that you're an adult. Your mother is being selfish and immature about this. A child has a right to know these things once old enough.
I think what compounds the situation is the mother never told the father that she was pregnant. So I'm sure the mother is thinking, after he found out, what would go through the father's mind that he had a child (and grandchild now?) for many years and never knew it. He might freak.

Old 01-23-2013, 02:39 PM

yea. this weekend im going to have my husband make some phone calls to some alexander ferguson i have found. my husband works alot and he has the weekend off, so i figure it would be a good time to make some calls.

Old 01-23-2013, 09:47 PM

43,011 posts, read 101,661,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmking View Post
I think what compounds the situation is the mother never told the father that she was pregnant.
We don't know if that's what really happened. A billion things could have happened. Since we know the mother is lying about some things, why should we believe her about other things? I don't believe the mother is too ashamed for the father to find out. Mothers usually protect their children over themselves. Her mother knows it's hurting Jessica to not know about her father. The big question is why is she lying. Assuming her mother is a good/loving/caring/emotionally stable mother, the logical answer is that her mother must think that the truth will hurt Jessica more.

Old 01-25-2013, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinmomma View Post
//www.facebook.com/groups/188warfighters/

the 188th has a fB. Ask here.
Jessica:
Was the above FB page the one where you connected with someone who may be helping you now?

"The reasons she wont tell me is because shes embarrassed about what he might say to her because she never tried to contact him and tell him she was pregnant."

So, positively, he does not know?

Old 01-27-2013, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessicalynn927 View Post
my husband works alot and he has the weekend off, so i figure it would be a good time to make some calls.
Yes, let your husband make some calls. One may be THE call, who knows.
It sounds to me like that Facebook link given to you by rockinmomma may be of great help.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search