Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2013, 12:32 AM

7,676 posts, read 5,519,883 times

Advertisements

If your father is listed on the birth certificate and the date of birth is known, perhaps your sister can get help from the government department that issues birth certificates. This can't be the first time they've encountered such a situation. Plus, you are available to provide a notarized statement stating that you and she share the same father. If your father left a will, the will may also identify her as his daughter.

Old 02-21-2013, 05:18 PM

15 posts, read 16,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdnirene View Post
If your father is listed on the birth certificate and the date of birth is known, perhaps your sister can get help from the government department that issues birth certificates. This can't be the first time they've encountered such a situation. Plus, you are available to provide a notarized statement stating that you and she share the same father. If your father left a will, the will may also identify her as his daughter.
No will as my father did not think it was necessary as he really did not have anything of financial value. I have the photo albums and paid for his cremation. There is about $400 in his bank account, but since there was no will the bank wants me to have a probate court (I think is what it was called) release it.

Old 02-21-2013, 05:21 PM

15 posts, read 16,782 times
So want to post that the maiden name has been located. A most wonderful private individual sent me the info today, and I am very grateful, and I know my sister will be as well.

My many thanks and gratitude to those who took the time to help, both publicly and privately.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.