U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2013, 08:20 PM

15 posts, read 15,913 times

Advertisements

I have spent countless hours searching on 'free' sites, as well as several pay sites over the past few weeks, and then came across this forum. My younger sister Kristin M Elia would like to get her birth certificate, but does not know her mother's maiden name.

Her mother's married name is Shannon Pugh and should be in her early 60's, she was married to Charlie R Pugh of Portland, Oregon before meeting my father. I believe Charlie lived on Franklin St. I believe her middle initial could have been M (Marie or Marieta?) and for some reason I think her maiden name could have been Farris? Not sure why that popped into my head after I had already searched for 8 hours yesterday... They (my Dad and Shannon) lived together in Scappoose, Oregon in the mid-to-late 70's and I believe my sister was born in the St Helen's hospital? Oct 4, 1977. Shannon had 2 boys, Shawn and Carl L. Pugh who should be in their early 40's (41 & 43?). I spoke to the boys 3-4 years ago when they were looking for their mom, but any numbers I can find are disconnected. Last I knew the boys were living in the Hillsboro, Oregon area.

My fathers name was Steve (Stephen) Elia, born 12-24-41. After they left Oregon, they lived in Yuma, AZ. My father and sister then moved to Gallup, NM (1981?) but Shannon was no longer with them. My father said he never heard from Shannon again, although at one time maybe in the early 90's he received a garnishment check from a tax return she had filed. I would ask him, but both my parents are gone and since I am the oldest I guess I remember the most about her. My sister does not remember her at all.

My most sincere thanks to anyone who is able to shed some light on this for me, or a direction to search.
Rate this post positively

Old 02-19-2013, 09:15 PM

5,892 posts, read 3,905,697 times
Wouldn't a copy of your sister's birth certificate have been required when she first registered for school and when she acquired her SSN? If so, I suggest trying SSN records first to see if her mother's maiden name is listed somewhere in her file.

Old 02-19-2013, 10:18 PM

12,007 posts, read 10,676,843 times
A Carl L(awrence) Pugh of Hillsboro, OR (as of about a year ago), can be located via Bing, but what I just found isn't encouraging. Spokeo lists two addresses for a Shannon Pugh in Beaverton, OR.

Good luck to you and your sister.

Old 02-20-2013, 12:27 AM

3,006 posts, read 5,330,332 times
When your sister started school, Kindergarten, the school usually has to see the child's birth certificate. Your sister could call the elementary school she went to & ask to see her school records. Her birth certificate, or a notation of her biological mother's name could be there.

Old 02-20-2013, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigCreek View Post
A Carl L(awrence) Pugh of Hillsboro, OR (as of about a year ago), can be located via Bing, but what I just found isn't encouraging. Spokeo lists two addresses for a Shannon Pugh in Beaverton, OR.

Good luck to you and your sister.
Yes, that would be Carl . It is sad that some people take adversity and use it to be a better person/people and some people just don't seem to use that adversity to propel them to do much anything positive. We grew up in much of the same household and all of our families were affected by what we as children experienced. The 3 of us that are full siblings are all college educated professionals, but not quite sure what happened with my 1/2 sister and Shawn and Carl... Of the 2, I did not expect Carl to be the troubled one.

Thank you for the info on Spokeo. How often do you find the ages to be correct? The Shannon Pugh in Beaverton is in her 40's.

Last question. What is the criteria used to lift the restriction on Direct Messages? Right now it is telling me that I am restricted to send 1 every 24 hours.

Old 02-20-2013, 06:55 PM

Cdnirene & daliowa,

Great suggestions about the school records, although my sister needs to have identification to prove her identity. Oregon has recently started requiring seeing a certified copy of the birth certificate before new, renewal or replacement of state ID. Guess who doesn't have their ID?

Old 02-20-2013, 07:45 PM

5,892 posts, read 3,905,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mepasogirl View Post
Cdnirene & daliowa,

Great suggestions about the school records, although my sister needs to have identification to prove her identity.
Does she not have a drivers license?

Old 02-20-2013, 08:47 PM

3,006 posts, read 5,330,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mepasogirl View Post
Cdnirene & daliowa,

Great suggestions about the school records, although my sister needs to have identification to prove her identity. Oregon has recently started requiring seeing a certified copy of the birth certificate before new, renewal or replacement of state ID. Guess who doesn't have their ID?
Does your sister have anything with her name on it? Driver's license, marriage license, social security card, credit card, debit card, apartment lease, electric bill?

Old 02-20-2013, 11:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdnirene View Post
Does she not have a drivers license?
No she does not. And because of the new state requirement that you have to show a certified copy of your birth certificate in order to get a state issued ID card (similar to a license, just not for driving), she has no way to get the photo ID without her birth certificate. Thus leading me back to searching for her mother's maiden name.

Old 02-21-2013, 12:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daliowa View Post
Does your sister have anything with her name on it? Driver's license, marriage license, social security card, credit card, debit card, apartment lease, electric bill?
The school archives will only accept a state issued photo ID.

To my knowledge, she has no bills or accounts in her name. Never married. She lives with her boyfriend and is presently unemployed. The only thing she may possibly have is her social security card, although I am unsure about that. But even if she does, it does not help her get the ID she needs.

I don't really understand how she can not know her mother's maiden name. But she does not, and I am attempting to help her because I suspect I am her best chance to try to find her mothers maiden name.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.