Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2006, 01:54 PM

7 posts, read 25,034 times

Advertisements

Anyone out there from Sharpsburg, Pa. that are around 63 yrs old and lived there most their lives? Looking for some old friends.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2006, 07:58 PM

353 posts, read 1,728,600 times
My SIL has lived there for 30 years and is the honorary mayor of the town.

We also have some close friends who were born, went to school and still live there. So, ask your questions and I'll try to find the answers for you.

Old 11-22-2006, 09:15 PM

How cool is that? My grandfather was Burgess (that's what they called it back then) for over 20 years, and my uncle was Chief of Police. My grandmother is probably the oldest woman in the "burg", she turned 100 last April. I went to Madonna Of Jerusalem school and Church, and was looking for a couple of girls I went to school with. One was Kathy Viggiano, and another was Nancy Stelitano. I appreciate your reply to my post, hardly anyone has heard of Sharpsburg. Such a small town with more Churches and Bars then I have seen in a town that is about a mile long, lol.

Old 11-23-2006, 04:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyanalee View Post
How cool is that? My grandfather was Burgess (that's what they called it back then) for over 20 years, and my uncle was Chief of Police. My grandmother is probably the oldest woman in the "burg", she turned 100 last April. I went to Madonna Of Jerusalem school and Church, and was looking for a couple of girls I went to school with. One was Kathy Viggiano, and another was Nancy Stelitano. I appreciate your reply to my post, hardly anyone has heard of Sharpsburg. Such a small town with more Churches and Bars then I have seen in a town that is about a mile long, lol.

I'll check on them over the weekend. Do you know their married names?

Old 11-23-2006, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PghREA View Post
I'll check on them over the weekend. Do you know their married names?
No, I'm sorry I don't know their married names, that is why it would take someone 63 yrs old or so to know them. Sharpsburg is a town where everyone knows everyone else, or so it seems. Kathy lived down on 1st street and Nancy lived on Clay St. across from the BGI (I don't know if that is still there, it was a private club). My maiden name is Casper.

Old 11-23-2006, 10:33 AM

Any relation to Patrick Casper?

Old 11-23-2006, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Any relation to Patrick Casper?
Yes, he is my cousin. His dad and my dad were brothers. There is Patrick, Tommy, Marilyn and Anita. I use to spend the summers at their house when I went back to Sharpsburg. Then they moved out of Sharpsburg and after my Uncle Pete died, we sorta lost contact with them.

Old 11-23-2006, 08:06 PM

Small world! Pat is married to one of the long time Sharpsburg girls I am going to ask about your friends. They now live in Allison Park (Hampton Township) which is where I am. Pat has an insurance business in Sharpsburg.
There are several Stelitano's still in Sharpsburg

Old 11-23-2006, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Small world! Pat is married to one of the long time Sharpsburg girls I am going to ask about your friends. They now live in Allison Park (Hampton Township) which is where I am. Pat has an insurance business in Sharpsburg.
There are several Stelitano's still in Sharpsburg
Oh does he have his business in Sharpsburg again? They (his mom and dad) had a business when they lived on 13th street, I believe it was, it was downstairs of their house. Then when they moved they had it in I believe North Hills, but I am not sure if that is the name of the town. I know my Aunt Betty passed away a couple of years ago. The Nancy Stelitano that I knew had a brother named Jimmy. I don't know if Patrick would know her as he is a couple of years older then I am, the same age as my brother. I use to help teach Marilyn the accordian when I went back for vacations, lol. Geeze, the memories that come back to you when you start talking about certain people!

Old 11-25-2006, 08:08 PM

Thank you so much for making this connection for me. It is so hard to find people when you don't know their married name. I have a cousin that lived in Lawrenceville that I have been trying for years to find, but I have no married name and you know how people move etc. That is funny that Patricks wifes name is the same as a cousin of ours that lives up the hill on 8th street.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search