Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2007, 09:35 AM

1,123 posts, read 5,332,190 times

Advertisements

I am looking for my half sister who would be about 51 years old. Our father was in the Army and stationed at Ft Knox in 1955/56 where he must have met her mother. Our father's name is William Benjamin McQuay. My mother and father went to visit Annette as an infant in the winter of 1957 and that was the last my mother can remember because they divorced in 1963.

If anyone knows an Annette, born in or around Louisville with a fall 1956 birthday - please let me know!!!

Annette - you have 2 half sisters and a half brother!!!!

Stacy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2007, 09:32 AM

23 posts, read 87,337 times
I live near and work in Louisville. Do you have any idea of a last name? Would it be McQuay? Let me know and I'll see what I can find. Thanks. Anne

Old 12-03-2007, 01:51 PM

Thank you Anne! Unfortunately I doubt it was McQuay - my father never married her mother. I just know that she was born right before my parents were due to get married. Right after they married (1/1/57), mom remembers going to Louisville to see the new baby and that was the last contact that he had with her (that we know of).

At one point I even tried to get the names of high schools that existed in the area around 1975 so I could check yearbooks for any Annette's, but the libraries were not responsive to emails.

Old 12-04-2007, 07:47 AM

Was she born here in Louisville? Does your mother remember Annette's mothers name? Wow, you might be looking for a needle in a haystack like me. I don't think birth records are public anymore, due to the HIPPA laws. There are many public schools here in Louisville, not to mention there are over 40 Catholic schools. If your mom could remember Annette's mothers name, that would give us a lot more to go on. If she was born in the fall of 1956, then she would have graduated in 1974. I'll see if I can access the library's website and see what I can turn up. Am I looking for a caucasian, or an African-American? Hispanic? What nationality? Thanks. I'll see what I can do.
Anne

Old 12-04-2007, 08:54 AM

She would be white, probably brunette (father seemed to have soft spot for brunettes).

As far as birth records go, Ancestry.com just recently put Kentucky birth records online - at least the basic info. I did search that for all Annette's born in Louisville and the surrounding counties. I did not find any single mothers who had a child named Annette in that time frame.

Do you know if the main libraries in the area have GOOD historical documents? When I was searching for my other half sister, the local library had old phone books and yearbooks that helped me find her. If I knew there was good information available at the main library, I would consider making a trip to Louisville to search.

Can you tell me how close Ft Knox is to Louisville? Or even a local town that might have been a hangout for the military? I imagine in the 50's he would not have traveled far - maybe a local club or bar outside of the base.

I have even tried to contact retired military that might have known my father when he was in the Army at Ft Knox - no luck yet.

On a side note... are you searching for someone? I do have a paid membership to Ancestry.com if there are any records I can help you search for.

Old 12-05-2007, 08:49 AM

Ft. Knox is a good hour away, you might try to search the birth records in Elizabethtown, I think it's the closest "big" little town. Or Radcliff, would be another, Hardin Memorial is one of the older hospitals (my husband says it's been there forever), Hodgenville is another smaller town nearby. Sorry this is choppy, I am getting this info from my husband, he is more familiar with that area than me. These would be good places to start. I was on the Louisville libraries website, but it didn't look too promising. But I doubt she was born here, I think you're going to find that she was born in one of the smaller towns. How far back do the birth records let you search? I wonder if there is somewhere to get a list of hospitals in that area back then? I'll check with some other libraries and I'll call the Louisville one and see what they have. My first thought was the high schools, the good thing about smaller towns is they tend to keep everything, and there's usually only one high school per county here in the rural counties, especially from back then.
For my search, I am looking for my dad, but all I have is very limited. I'll pm you. Talk to you soon! Anne

Old 12-09-2009, 10:21 AM

1 posts, read 2,552 times
My ex-wife was born Dec 14, 1956. She was adopted by a couple from Mosheim, TN. She always knew she had been adopted and was born in Louisville, KY. If you feel this might relate in any way to your search feel free to email me at tibhicks@roadrunner.com.

Old 12-10-2009, 08:10 AM

Check your email - I just emailed you directly!
I'm sure you found this message by googling and searching the web, and I truly appreciate you taking the time to join City-data to respond.
Thank you so much!
Stacy

Old 12-10-2009, 08:37 AM

6,450 posts, read 9,810,701 times
If she stayed in the area then I would look at North Hardin High School, or possible Meade County High School if you don't think she lived on base and went to Ft Knox high school.

Old 12-10-2009, 08:41 AM

1,387 posts, read 3,436,210 times
I found 3 possiblities... current names. Use pipl to get current info.

Annette G Waldridge , Louisville, KY ~ Born 1956
Annette C. Malone, Louisville, KY ~ 1956
Annette Greenwell, Louisville, KY ~ 1956

The above listed women seem to have only have resided in Louisville, KY.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search