Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2007, 02:00 PM

5 posts, read 13,153 times

Advertisements

My name is Jerry Hare. In June of 1973 I moved to Colorado Springs, Colorado. I was in the Army stationed at Fort Carson. A couple of months later I began roller skating at the local rink called Skateland and soon began working there in the evenings while still in the Army. In approximately November or December of 1973 I met the Debbie pictured on the left. We dated for a short while and eventually moved in together. I was only 17 years old at the time and she was 21. We had what I thought was a wonderful relationship. We never even had a fight. I was hopelessly “In Love” with her and I honestly believe she felt the same. After about six months together she suddenly informed me that she was moving away. I didn’t get much of an explanation and I guess because I was only 17 years old at the time I probably didn’t handle things very well. I tried to act like I didn’t care and attempted to just move on with my life. I failed to get any information about Debbie that would help me find her in the future. That has proven to be the single biggest mistake in my life. It has been over 34 years since this all took place and I have searched for her on and off for all of that time. My search has been sidetracked several times due to events in my life but I have never forgotten her and my determination to find her only grows stronger with each passing day. I honestly thought I knew her well but after all these years I have had to accept that I knew very little about her. I have come to believe that Debbie may have been running from something in her past. I may have been simply a soft place for her to rest her head. Quite possibly she was running from a bad marriage or relationship. I realize some things now that I completely overlooked then. When I met Debbie she had few possessions. She didn’t have a car, furniture, a job, or even many clothes. I never saw her last name written on anything. I never saw a driver’s license, a paycheck, or even a letter addressed to her. I never met any of her family and don’t remember her even getting a phone call from any of them. I have been asked many times during this search, “How could you live with someone and not know anything about them or not be sure of their last name?” That is a question that will always haunt me. I have no good answers. At only 17 years old I thought I was In Love and nothing else mattered. After all these years my memories are clouded. I am not sure any more whether I really remember certain details or if they are memories created in my mind simply because I have believed them for so long. My only hope at this point for finding Debbie is that someone will recognize her picture. I didn’t even realize I had a picture of her until about five years ago when my mother found it among all her pictures. I really don’t have much else to go on. These are the details I know for sure.

1. I met Debbie in 1973 in Colorado Springs
2. She told me she was 21 years old at the time so she would be 55-57 now.
3. She told me she was moving back to Texas where she was from.
4. The picture above is definitely the person I am searching for.

If anyone has information about the person in this picture PLEASE email me.

[email="mysearchfordebbie@gmail.com"]mysearchfordebbie@gmail.com

ONE FINAL NOTE TO DEBBIE IN CASE YOU HAPPEN TO SEE THIS.

I realize that many years have passed and maybe you have another life that would be complicated by contact from me. I give you my word I have no intention of disrupting your life and will stop my efforts to contact you if you ask me to do so, but PLEASE at least email me so I know you have seen this. MY LOVE ALWAYS, JERRY HARE
Attached Thumbnails
Do You Know This Debbie? Born aboutt 1952 - Colorado-debbie-jerry-1974.jpg  

Last edited by jerryhare1956; 11-27-2007 at 02:03 PM.. Reason: spacing
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2007, 03:54 PM

103 posts, read 311,866 times
idea for a last name?

Old 11-27-2007, 08:36 PM

1,280 posts, read 4,326,684 times
I am not here.........but what an amazing heart felt story!!

Sometimes ya cant bring back the past ..but hold that memory forever!

Old 12-12-2007, 09:16 AM

12 posts, read 40,082 times
Default About Debbie's photo...

Jerry,

Do you have a larger photo of Debbie? The one attached is so small (or I'm just that blind now) I really can't see her face good enough.

Even if you have a website somewhere else with the photo - I'd like to look at it.

Thanks!

Old 12-14-2007, 08:44 AM

Hi and thanks for your interest. You can find a larger picture at:
http://boards.ancestry.com/localitie...n/3506/mb.ashx
If you click on the pic it will be even larger. Do you think that maybe you know this Debbie? Please let me know. Thanks Jerry Hare

Old 12-17-2007, 11:51 AM

12 posts, read 40,082 times
Unhappy About Debbie...

Jerry,

I don't think this is the same person - see my post "Do you recognize me". I hope you find Debbie - and if during my search for Jane Doe's family I run across someone who resembles her - I'll be sure to let you know.

Good luck

Old 09-26-2009, 08:17 AM

2 posts, read 4,219 times
do u think she had another name b4 u?- im looking for my mom vicki smith- i was born in 73 n abandened (well she abandened my dad n me ) shortly after my birth

Old 09-26-2009, 11:37 AM

1,830 posts, read 5,333,686 times
Most landlords require all tenents' names be on the lease. That could be an avenue to check in to.

Old 02-07-2010, 09:16 AM

The place that we lived in is no longer there and they didn't have lease papers but thanks for the idea. Jerry

Old 02-07-2010, 04:12 PM

4,865 posts, read 5,656,963 times
Wow what a story. I live in Colorado Springs. Let me know if you need any help.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search