Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2008, 11:56 AM

3 posts, read 16,963 times

Advertisements

For the past few years I have tried every avenue possible to try to find my bio father Steve Gilmore. Here is my story. My mother met Steve Gilmore back in the summer of 1974 in Palestine, Texas. She was 19 or 20 at the time and he was 16 or 17. They had a sexual relationship and she go pregnant with me. I know when she found out she panicked and stopped seeing him because he was much younger then him. My mom went on to met my father who raised me as his own and even put his name on my birth certificate. My mother passed away back in October of 1991 and she told me about 4 months before died that my dad was not my father who raised me. I always thought he wasnt because I didnt look at all like the Warren family. I was upset with my mother at first but I didnt walk in her shoes at that time so who was I to judge. My dad who raised me found out over time that I knew about him not being my bio dad. It didnt bother him because he knew that is takes a real man to love and raise a child. Well my dad who raised me passed away 5 months ago from cancer. Im 33 years old without either parent here to answer questions. My moms sisters or friends dont remember much about Steve Gilmore because the time he and my mom were together was so short. My grandparents are gone and they can answer questions either. I feel just stuck and in a rut over this. I was able to locate one picture of him when he was a sophomore at Palestine High School in Palestine, Texas back in 1974 and boy do I look just like him. Im not trying to locate him to have him step in to take my parents place, I just feel for closure and peice of mine purposes I want to find him. Its like a peice of my life is missing and locating him will help put this part back for me. My mothers name was Jeanette Still at that time and she lived in Elkhart, Texas. I know she was working at the Pitt Grill in Palestine, Texas when she found out she was pregnant with me. I have a good life, a wonderful husband and 2 great kids. But just to find out where you come from would make things alot easier for me. If anyone as any information or know where Steve Gilmore could be please reply to this post. I know he would be around the age of 50 or 51 right now. Again, this is all I have to go on and any help locating him would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Shauna Warren Abernathy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2008, 10:22 PM

324 posts, read 1,706,665 times
Have you tried Zabasearch? There is a Steve R. Gilmore that would be around the right age, sometimes Zaba is a little off on the age.

Where did you get his photo? If from a yearbook maybe try to contact some other people from his class and see if they are still connected...? Just a thought. Good luck to you.

Old 03-07-2008, 07:13 AM

3,413 posts, read 8,835,057 times
Try the classmates website as well. Also, alot of high schools have alumni websites. You can look for him there.

Old 03-09-2008, 12:35 AM

1,387 posts, read 3,434,882 times
Default Try these...

Steven P. Gilmore (Born 1958)
19 Hyde Park Blvd., Houston, TX

Steven L. Gilmore (Born June 1956)
240 McCarley Place, McKinney, TX 75069

Steven R. Gilmore (Born November 1957)
309 Lago Circle Drive North, Santa Fe, TX

Old 06-24-2009, 07:48 AM

1 posts, read 5,317 times
Sometimes finding an answer from the past isnt really the pretty picture you painted in your head. You really have to think about what your about to do....

Old 06-24-2009, 11:02 AM

Well I am still looking for him, still no possible leads yet. I will not give up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shauna Warren Abernathy View Post
For the past few years I have tried every avenue possible to try to find my bio father Steve Gilmore. Here is my story. My mother met Steve Gilmore back in the summer of 1974 in Palestine, Texas. She was 19 or 20 at the time and he was 16 or 17. They had a sexual relationship and she go pregnant with me. I know when she found out she panicked and stopped seeing him because he was much younger then him. My mom went on to met my father who raised me as his own and even put his name on my birth certificate. My mother passed away back in October of 1991 and she told me about 4 months before died that my dad was not my father who raised me. I always thought he wasnt because I didnt look at all like the Warren family. I was upset with my mother at first but I didnt walk in her shoes at that time so who was I to judge. My dad who raised me found out over time that I knew about him not being my bio dad. It didnt bother him because he knew that is takes a real man to love and raise a child. Well my dad who raised me passed away 5 months ago from cancer. Im 33 years old without either parent here to answer questions. My moms sisters or friends dont remember much about Steve Gilmore because the time he and my mom were together was so short. My grandparents are gone and they can answer questions either. I feel just stuck and in a rut over this. I was able to locate one picture of him when he was a sophomore at Palestine High School in Palestine, Texas back in 1974 and boy do I look just like him. Im not trying to locate him to have him step in to take my parents place, I just feel for closure and peice of mine purposes I want to find him. Its like a peice of my life is missing and locating him will help put this part back for me. My mothers name was Jeanette Still at that time and she lived in Elkhart, Texas. I know she was working at the Pitt Grill in Palestine, Texas when she found out she was pregnant with me. I have a good life, a wonderful husband and 2 great kids. But just to find out where you come from would make things alot easier for me. If anyone as any information or know where Steve Gilmore could be please reply to this post. I know he would be around the age of 50 or 51 right now. Again, this is all I have to go on and any help locating him would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Shauna Warren Abernathy

Old 06-24-2009, 11:08 AM

I know what I need and have to do. I have waited to long and I deserve to findout where I come from.

Old 06-24-2009, 11:12 AM

Shauna ~ So, you are still looking for Steve Gilmore?

Old 06-24-2009, 11:29 AM

Steve M. Gilmore Age: 51
27389 Bridle Pl
Chantilly, VA 20152
(703) 754-3081

Steven Gilmore Age: 50
(901) 785-4271
4386 Hawkeye St
Memphis, TN 38109

Old 06-25-2009, 05:12 PM

1 posts, read 5,232 times
Default S Gilmore

Gilmore, Stephen R, MD - Hixson Pike Medical Center ... 3739 Hixson Pike Chattanooga, TN
He is about 50-53
Good luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search