Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2015, 02:12 PM

16 posts, read 15,345 times

Advertisements

Also how would i go about searching the courts for the record?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2015, 02:23 PM

3,021 posts, read 5,852,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosian112 View Post

Sorry, that I don't know. You might also want to ask your question in the genealogy forum. There's a lot of search experts there too.

Old 08-31-2015, 02:23 PM

There was his girlfriend but i don't know her name and i don't think she would say anything as well. I don't know the name of the children or the mother this is why i am hoping i can get this from the court case... This would give me a good place to start.

Old 09-02-2015, 03:01 PM

7,709 posts, read 5,456,509 times
Quote:
First off i would like to thank you so much for your responses and help. It is really appreciated.

He did not have a will and his name was not stated on the birth certificate.

It seems that the child support is only accessible by the direct people involved, but if there was a court-case prior...Would this mean that the name of the mother and children will be stated on record there?
WHAT IS YOUR REASON FOR WANTING ALL THIS INFORMATION?

Moderator cut: not necessary to make accusations

Are you trying to emigrate to the U.S.?

Internet searches can be done easily from the UK. It is not pertinent to list that as a limitation for your searches.

(Likely with rosian as your last name or part of your name or the name of someone else you wish to use.)

Last edited by katzenfreund; 09-02-2015 at 07:20 PM.. Reason: no personal attack or rudeness please.

Old 09-02-2015, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFBayBoomer View Post
WHAT IS YOUR REASON FOR WANTING ALL THIS INFORMATION?

Moderator cut: deleted from post you quoted

3. Are you trying to emigrate to the U.S.?

4. Why do you ask so many questions and divulge highly personal information about someone else and say only that you are Alex from the UK?

5. Internet searches can be done easily from the UK. It is not pertinent to list that as a limitation for your searches.

(Likely with rosian as your last name or part of your name or the name of someone else you wish to use.)
I have addressed your points herewith:

1. There was no money or will. My uncle passed away in 2001. I just want to find my cousins.

2. If you read my original message properly you would not ask this question, but for clarification, No.

3. No. I am happy here in the U.K. (Except the weather)

4. This "highly personal" information is freely and publicly available in the U.S. with a few internet searches and is legally obtainable. I have deliberately provided all the information I have for help, hence me being on the forum.

What does Alex from the UK have anything to do with my search for lost family? If there is anything you would like to know about me please ask. I am happy to share publicly.

5. I have done as many searches that I can or know of. I don't know the system in the U.S. hence me reaching out for help. If this is a matter that you can help in... It would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Last edited by katzenfreund; 09-09-2015 at 01:54 PM..

Old 09-02-2015, 07:21 PM

5,168 posts, read 11,438,772 times
Let's please keep it civil here. No accusations and no personal attacks please, thank you!

forum rules, please read them

Old 09-02-2015, 07:45 PM

7,709 posts, read 5,456,509 times
Quote:
What does Alex from the UK have anything to do with my search for lost family? If there is anything you would like to know about me please ask. I am happy to share publicly.
One of my points is that it makes no difference whether you are from the UK to be a competent Internet searcher of things in any country that uses Roman letter characters in any language, so I don't know why you reference that.

It bothers me that you listed so much private information about someone else in this forum. It might be helpful to you in your own search, but it is none of our business. Maybe the cousins you seek would be horrified to find out that you had listed this information. You should be able to accomplish your goal without spreading so much information around on the internet.

I am a genealogist (sort of), but more than that I am a privacy advocate.

Therefore, while looking for the gentleman you sought (I got information), I believe I also know your last name and social media accounts, but it is not my place to list them here.

If you wish to do so in order that others may contact you, feel free to do so.

Old 09-03-2015, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFBayBoomer View Post
One of my points is that it makes no difference whether you are from the UK to be a competent Internet searcher of things in any country that uses Roman letter characters in any language, so I don't know why you reference that.

1. It bothers me that you listed so much private information about someone else in this forum. It might be helpful to you in your own search, but it is none of our business. Maybe the cousins you seek would be horrified to find out that you had listed this information. You should be able to accomplish your goal without spreading so much information around on the internet.

2. I am a genealogist (sort of), but more than that I am a privacy advocate.

3. Therefore, while looking for the gentleman you sought (I got information), I believe I also know your last name and social media accounts, but it is not my place to list them here.

If you wish to do so in order that others may contact you, feel free to do so.
1. He was our family. Not a stranger. We have taken the decision to make already public information readily available for people wishing to help. My cousins did not have a chance to know their father. I am sure that they would commend the people on this forum who helped as opposed to being horrified.

2. I also respect privacy.

3. If you have information please list it.... Regarding my last name and social media accounts: of course it's not your place to list it here as you do not have my permission and it has nothing to do with finding my cousins.

If you would like to help it would be appreciated. If not... I won't be responding to your messages.

Old 09-04-2015, 07:47 AM

14,476 posts, read 20,652,743 times
Quote:
Hi there,
Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated. His details are as follows:
Peter G Martany - 57 years today (DOB- March 21st 1958) - Lived in Encino, CA.
Many thanks and all the best,
Alex.
Quote:
Originally Posted by daliowa View Post
PETER G. MARTANY Modesto Bee, The (CA) - November 16, 2001
Alex:
I have seen your Uncle's obituary. It names his closest blood relatives. At the time of his death he had 7 sisters living in London and 2 brothers living in Iran. With so many names there was no effort (space) to mention step children, personal friends, etc.

If you have exhausted contacting all of his 9 siblings with the hope that one of them may have been told about his children, then as daliowa suggested the death certificate may be a source of help. Since all his siblings lived outside the USA then someone had to handle the funeral arrangements and pay for the obituary to be in the newspaper.

He did pass away in a hospital so no coroner's report. The church and funeral home were located in a very small town so that could also be of help to you in contacting them to find out who handled the arrangements. Likely handled by a personal friend or one of his children who may have been in their 20's in 2001 since he was age 43.
Let me know if any of what I may have found is something you wish to pursue.

Last edited by howard555; 09-04-2015 at 08:08 AM..

Old 09-04-2015, 02:36 PM

7,519 posts, read 13,624,634 times
Quote:

While there is no guarantee you would find what you need, there is a website for searching Los Angeles County Court cases. (Encino is in LA County) The website is at
https://www.lacourt.org/paonlineserv...blicmain.aspx?

It is a convoluted process as it is a fee/pay site, and while not very expensive, the signup process is not very user friendly. Also the on-line records only go back to 1983. You would need to provide a credit card number etc.

If you do try it, be aware that the "FAQ" link in the middle of the page does not work (404 error), but the "Help" button on the upper right has info on the signup process, etc.

I only used it once about 8 years ago, and that was for a divorce case.

Good Luck if you try it...........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search