U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2015, 05:02 PM

16 posts, read 13,885 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by reed303 View Post
While there is no guarantee you would find what you need, there is a website for searching Los Angeles County Court cases. (Encino is in LA County) The website is at
https://www.lacourt.org/paonlineserv...blicmain.aspx?

It is a convoluted process as it is a fee/pay site, and while not very expensive, the signup process is not very user friendly. Also the on-line records only go back to 1983. You would need to provide a credit card number etc.

If you do try it, be aware that the "FAQ" link in the middle of the page does not work (404 error), but the "Help" button on the upper right has info on the signup process, etc.

I only used it once about 8 years ago, and that was for a divorce case.

Good Luck if you try it...........
Thank you! I will get straight on it. I will surely keep you updated....

Right... I just tried to register and it needs a U.S. address. I have seen a site which offers virtual credit cards. Maybe i will give that a try?

Last edited by rosian112; 09-04-2015 at 05:26 PM..
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2015, 07:17 PM

6,653 posts, read 11,047,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosian112 View Post
Thank you! I will get straight on it. I will surely keep you updated....

Right... I just tried to register and it needs a U.S. address. I have seen a site which offers virtual credit cards. Maybe i will give that a try?
Ouch ! I didn't think of that. I assume they use the address as part of validating the credit card. Not familiar with "virtual" cards.

Old 09-05-2015, 04:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reed303 View Post
Ouch ! I didn't think of that. I assume they use the address as part of validating the credit card. Not familiar with "virtual" cards.
No problem its an amazing suggestion and is much appreciated.

I think we will have to search for the will first hopefully that will give us names.

Old 09-05-2015, 11:16 AM

12,531 posts, read 17,434,333 times
Do not abandon the child support records. They are there.
Someone I know found their step siblings by locating child support records for their parent. But that was another state than California and all states are different on what you can do and not do easily on their websites.

Old 09-06-2015, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by howard555 View Post
Do not abandon the child support records. They are there.
Someone I know found their step siblings by locating child support records for their parent. But that was another state than California and all states are different on what you can do and not do easily on their websites.
Yes definitely. I will not abandon this avenue as it seems the most promising. Well for now anyway.

Can anyone point me in the right direction on how I can obtain a copy of my uncles will?

Much appreciated.

Old 09-06-2015, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosian112 View Post
Can anyone point me in the right direction on how I can obtain a copy of my uncles will?
Much appreciated.
https://www.stanct.org/probate#

Look down the page under probate examiner and call that phone number. It might be slightly better for one of your Uncle's sisters to call for the request being a closer relative. You want the will and probate records. Normally they charge you per page and from an experience in Delaware there were 11 pages and it was a little over $20.

Here is the obituary you asked to be posted. daliowa was quick to post the date for you back on August 31. Lots of names and notice that two of the sisters has the last name of the brothers so maybe she did not marry as of 2001. The married names of the others are possible sources. How many of the 9 have you contacted?
Attached Thumbnails
USA - Lost Cousins - Different Surnames - Desperate For Help!-untitled890.jpg  

Last edited by howard555; 09-06-2015 at 04:30 PM..

Old 09-09-2015, 06:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by howard555 View Post
https://www.stanct.org/probate#

Look down the page under probate examiner and call that phone number. It might be slightly better for one of your Uncle's sisters to call for the request being a closer relative. You want the will and probate records. Normally they charge you per page and from an experience in Delaware there were 11 pages and it was a little over $20.

Here is the obituary you asked to be posted. daliowa was quick to post the date for you back on August 31. Lots of names and notice that two of the sisters has the last name of the brothers so maybe she did not marry as of 2001. The married names of the others are possible sources. How many of the 9 have you contacted?
Thank you Howard. I (or my mother) will get on the phone and see what i can get - You have been a great help and its greatly appreciated.

Regarding one of the aunts - One of them is my mother - I don't know why they put down her maiden name. The other aunt was also married and i don't know why her maiden name down as well - But it does not make much of a difference i guess.

I have spoken to all of them.

Old 09-10-2015, 07:40 PM

2,998 posts, read 5,196,585 times
Wills (probate records) are public records, so anyone can request. Also, sometimes the death cert is filed in with the will papers.

Let us know how your search goes.

Old 09-11-2015, 09:37 AM

You'd search child support cases in the county where they lived before they moved to Turlock since the obituary says he lived there only 4 months. That would be Los Angeles County (Encino) and I took a look for you and find no child support cases for either of his last names.

Search for marriage records if you have any information about a marriage.

Old 09-30-2015, 02:08 PM

6,913 posts, read 3,969,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daliowa View Post
Wills (probate records) are public records, so anyone can request. Also, sometimes the death cert is filed in with the will papers.

Let us know how your search goes.
Are wills and/or death certificates and possibly autopsies public records public information if the person had a trust?

And is this a state-specific situation. For example, Ohio, Missouri, California...are they all the same?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search