Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2015, 04:34 PM

16 posts, read 15,337 times

Advertisements

Hi there,

I am looking for my Uncle's children... Now here's the story.

He had children (twin daughters) with a mexican woman in California and he used to pay child support.

The mother did not write down my uncle's name on the birth certificate but another man's name - who's name i don't know (this is what i heard and do not know if this is possible or true due to the claiming of child support) My uncle died in 2001.

I have his SSN is this of any use?

Its been 30 years and i would love to find them. I am not a resident in the U.S. but reside in the UK.

Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated. His details are as follows:

Peter G Martany - 57 years today (DOB- March 21st 1958) - Lived in Encino, CA.

Many thanks and all the best,

Alex.

Last edited by rosian112; 08-16-2015 at 04:55 PM.. Reason: Add info
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2015, 06:34 AM

2,600 posts, read 8,785,881 times
With his SSN and you reasons for location him, this is pretty simple.

Contact the SSN office in your area but remember, you'll need to prove what your looking and why.

Old 08-31-2015, 04:31 AM

Will they give me the details even though I live in the UK?

Old 08-31-2015, 11:23 AM

3,021 posts, read 5,848,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosian112 View Post
Will they give me the details even though I live in the UK?

Social Security will not divulge any information, but if you knew the names of the children & had enough identifying info for Soc. Sec. to reasonably identify the person than Soc. Sec. may forward a letter on your behalf. It would then be up the the recipient of the letter to respond or not.

However, if you don't know the children's names than I don't believe that Soc. Sec. could help.

Old 08-31-2015, 11:39 AM

This is the thing i don't know the name s of the children.

Can i search court records as he payed child support?

Old 08-31-2015, 12:00 PM

Just found his obit at this site:

ObitsArchive.com - newspaper obituary search - archive of obituaries and death notices from hundreds of newspapers

To see the obit though one has to subscribe, but it looks like you can also just purchase the one obit.

PETER G. MARTANY Modesto Bee, The (CA) - November 16, 2001

Googled Peter G. Martany & it looks like in the late 1990's he worked for Wells Fargo. Although I'm sure the Wells Fargo Human Resources department would not give you any info, perhaps they may have a family contact & would be willing to forward a letter on your behalf. I don't even know if they would do that much, but it's a thought. This seems to be a Wells Fargo H.R. phone #: 1-800-869-3557

Also, you can try to get Peter's death certificate from California (assuming that he passed on there.) In the U.S. death certs are filed by state. The date of death is 13 Nov 2001. There may be helpful info there, i.e. name of person giving info, name of cemetery.
Birth, Death, Fetal Death, Still Birth & Marriage Certificates

Peter's not listed on Find A Grave - Millions of Cemetery Records

Found on Ancestry that Peter's original name was Petros Martirosians, born 21 Mar 1958 in Rasht, Iran.

Old 08-31-2015, 12:06 PM

If Peter naturalized here in the U.S. than his nat papers **may** list the names of his children.
http://www.uscis.gov/genealogy
You'll need to provide proof of death to receive his nat papers.

If he wasn't married to the children's mother than I'm not certain if the names would be listed there.

Also, you can check if Peter left a will, if so than the children may be noted in his will.

The will is likely filed in the Probate Court in the town / county in which he last resided. Probate records are public records so you'll have no problem getting them (assuming there are any records.)

Old 08-31-2015, 12:09 PM

Quote:
This is the thing i don't know the name s of the children.

Can i search court records as he payed child support?

Try reading this:

http://www.childsup.ca.gov/portals/0...licrecords.pdf

Old 08-31-2015, 01:25 PM

First off i would like to thank you so much for your responses and help. It is really appreciated.

He did not have a will and his name was not stated on the birth certificate.

It seems that the child support is only accessible by the direct people involved, but if there was a court-case prior...Would this mean that the name of the mother and children will be stated on record there?

Old 08-31-2015, 02:12 PM

Quote:
First off i would like to thank you so much for your responses and help. It is really appreciated.

He did not have a will and his name was not stated on the birth certificate.

It seems that the child support is only accessible by the direct people involved, but if there was a court-case prior...Would this mean that the name of the mother and children will be stated on record there?

Sorry, but I have no idea about that.

Did he have any other family or friends in California who might know the names of the children? Do you know the name of the children's mother? If so, you can search the California birth index on-line.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search