U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-22-2006, 05:06 PM

2 posts, read 6,668 times

Advertisements

Hello,
I am trying to find out any information on my KING ancestors. In particular, I am trying to find out any information on Craig KING, my great-grandfather. He was born July 15, 1851 in Virginia, lived most of his life in Jackson co. West Virginia. His parents where Augustus and Elizabeth (STARKEY) KING.
I am planning on making a visit to the Ravenswood, Jackson co., WV area sometime this year to do some research, it would be great if I can get some information before hand.

Thank You,
Mike
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2006, 02:02 PM

2 posts, read 5,137 times
Just wondered....any Evicks in your family?

Old 11-17-2006, 09:57 AM

1 posts, read 3,333 times
Hello cousin,

I am doing geneological research on what I believe is my great, great, great grandpa and grandma... Augustus and Elizabeth (Starkey) King. I was wondering if you could give me any help with this?

I know for certain, that my great, great grandpa was Adorem King and that he was married to Virginia "Jennie" Bryan. I also know for certain that Virginia, or "Jennie" had a sister named Elizabeth Bryan who was married to William King.

I believe that Adorem and William (great uncle Billy) were brothers. (My dad went to WV with my grandfather back in the 1940's and actually met his great uncle "Billy King" - and I think this is william. although there seems to be williams running rampant in the family!!)

Other reasons I believe Adorem and william were brothers:
Adorem was born in Louden, co VA in 1851
William was born in Louden, co VA in 1847
They both moved to Jackson, co WV while they were still minors
They married sisters
Adorem had a brother names William and nick named Billy aka uncle Billy
My great grandpa was named Augustus Craig (family names)
and my brother is named Craig Augustus (and I understand "Gus" or "Gussy" is what most of the augustus' in the family preferred to be called)

However, if the current King family in my neck of the woods is any indication of the characteristics of the original family (the apple falling not far from the tree concept), then it is extremely possible that a group of cousins, or relatives, moved from Louden, co VA to Jackson, co WV together. And there is a possibility that Adorem and your William were cousins and that Augustus and Elizabeth were Adorem's uncle and aunt.

Augustus and Harriet (Rawson) - my great grandparents moved to Michigan with their kids. My grandpa was Roscoe Conklin King (is as my brother) and there are a ton of Augustus and Harriet's descendants here (or as the photographer at the family reunion said, "Wow, you people took that 'go forth and be fruitful and multiply' thing seriously, didn't you?!!")

Good luck in your search, and if you learn anything - I am interested if you have the time.

Blessings,
Amy

Old 01-24-2007, 07:05 PM

2 posts, read 6,668 times
Default King Family

Hello Amy,

I see your reply was dated nov. 17 of last year, don't know if I had responded to you or not, but will do so again. I had forgotten about this site until I just got a reminder of it. Sorry about the delay.

I would like to get some information from you also. Do you know when Virginia (BRYAN) KING died and where she might be buried? I could find no death record for either her or Craig. Also, just to make sure we are talking about the same person, do you have a death record or date of your Adorem and a burial location?

Which child of this couple are you desecented from? I have not been able to locate much info on their children after 1900.

My Craig Starkey (have also seen his middle name as Adarum and Adorem) KING, son of Augustus and Elizabeth (STARKEY) KING, was born in 1851. I have found Craig King and wife Virignia on the 1900 US census for Jackson co., WV. On the 1910 US census for Jackson co., WV, I have Craig King married to my greatgrandma Margaret Rose Harper. The census indicates that both had been married once before. From what I am told by family, my greatgrandma went to care for either Craig or Virginia, I believe it was Virginia. No one ever said if Virginia died or not, but Craig and Margaret Rose were married in 1909.

From what I am told, my Craig KING, died sometime around 1913, give or take a year or two, and was buried on a hill some where in Jackson co., WV. I believe he died of TB.

I would like to exchange more info with you, but let's start with this. OK?

My email is bigbear_80@hotmail.com

Hope to hear from you soon, Mike

Old 01-24-2007, 09:10 PM

2,815 posts, read 12,462,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike50 View Post
Hello,
I am trying to find out any information on my KING ancestors. In particular, I am trying to find out any information on Craig KING, my great-grandfather. He was born July 15, 1851 in Virginia, lived most of his life in Jackson co. West Virginia. His parents where Augustus and Elizabeth (STARKEY) KING.
I am planning on making a visit to the Ravenswood, Jackson co., WV area sometime this year to do some research, it would be great if I can get some information before hand.

Thank You,
Mike
Try RootswebDOTcom. It worked for me. I found out who the old lady in a picture I have is and that she was my greatgreatgrandmother born in Germany. I found out the name of the village, looked it up on the internet, then sent a note to the city. They filled in all the blanks for me and I found out from them her maiden name! And, that service is free. Hopefully someone in your extended family will have contributed to it and filled in some of the blanks.
I found a third cousin in that search and made a new friend
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search