Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-18-2011, 09:50 PM

2 posts, read 1,888 times

Advertisements

My name is Jennifer Marie Jones, I have been trying to find my mother for years now with no success. Her name is Janet Lee James. Born in May 1954. Her mothers name is Sue James who has passed and she had a sister by the name of "Linda"who is passed as well. My father is James D. Jones. I was taken away from her when I was 3 or 4 by my father for reasons that are unknown. Her last know location was in San Leandro, Ca in 1976.
I just want to know who my mother is. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I can be reached at n.walley@me.com
Thanks so very much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2011, 11:29 PM

668 posts, read 2,187,949 times
I would contact the Courthouse in the City your Dad was supposed to reside and see if they have any record of your birth... Adoption agency can seal records, but, they cant seal court house records, only thiers, so you cant find your 'real' Mother or 'Father', which ever is the case for others...

But, if you know the City of your birth, then you can find the records in the court house. They keep them going back for Centuries, (from the time the City was founded).

I wish you well...

Jesse

Old 11-19-2011, 01:48 PM

2 posts, read 1,888 times
My mom was born in long beach ca. From what I've been told by my father, who I have been in contact with my whole life. He also told me she was born MAY 31st 1955. But that's all has knows. He won't tell me why he took me away from her. His sister sad that she tried to see me but he kept me away from her. Im desperate to find her please help.

Old 11-19-2011, 03:24 PM

14,487 posts, read 20,671,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenn6673 View Post
My mom was born in long beach ca. From what I've been told by my father, who I have been in contact with my whole life. He also told me she was born MAY 31st 1955. But that's all has knows. He won't tell me why he took me away from her. His sister sad that she tried to see me but he kept me away from her. Im desperate to find her please help.
I see nothing in your question that references "adoption."

So your biological parents (Janet Lee James and James D. Jones) never married?

(( His sister said that she tried to see me, but he kept me away from her ))
Does this mean you have contact with your Father's sister?

If your Mother is age 56, you are likely over age 21.
Shouldn't you and your Father's sister be able to communicate with each other? (who, or how, can prevent that)

Do you have any siblings that you know of?
There are logical scenarios, on why you went to live with your Father at age 3-4.

(( Her last know location was in San Leandro, Ca in 1976 ))
Does this mean that you have not heard from your Father's sister since 1976?

If all he gave you is her accurate birth date, then he made a mental error if he is trying to keep you from finding her.
Birth date is a critical piece of information, and you have that.

(( I'm desperate to find her ))
Change that to patience, and I think you will find her.

Old 11-19-2011, 03:38 PM

1,830 posts, read 5,352,409 times
Jenn, last night I found the birth record for 5/31/1955, as well as your birth record, your parents' marriage and divorce records. But I wasn't sure if the birth record was her because your post said 1954. So I decided to wait and see if you returned to the thread before proceeding. Now that I have the correct date, I'll look for her.

Do you know when and where Sue died? Is her full name Sue or Susan? Birthdate? Linda's birthdate or approx age, and when and where she died? Names of any other relatives?

Your father is probably trying to protect you from unpleasant details about your mother or their divorce, but perhaps he will be more open with statistical questions, such as dates and places for your grandmother and aunt. Being able to connect relatives to the person we're searching for makes it easier to find the right person, so it will help if you can get these details. Question his sister some more, too. She may remember some of the above facts in question.

Old 11-19-2011, 05:06 PM

1,830 posts, read 5,352,409 times
Jenn, sending you another Direct Message. No need to answer anything from above.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search