Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2017, 08:55 PM

6 posts, read 6,564 times

Advertisements

Well excuse me I did not realize that I had left out the powers name until he said she also went by Powers. And sorry I was at work so could not answer as soon as someone sent a message.
And I've been saying all along that there is so much information that I don't know. I got into trouble and went away for awhile and now a lot of my family don't speak to me for me to find out anymore than this.
I just found out a couple of days ago that my mother even had the last name of Hudson. I found that out when I got my birth certificate. She was born a Hudson. Her father was a Hudson but I don't know his name. I had thought all along that she was born Powers and that she had just given me her dad and brothers last name. Now I'm more confused cause I don't even know where the Powers name come from.
She was never married to my father. I was born in kc, Kansas in 1975.
Her friend hasn't seen or heard from her a few years longer than I have. She said that she got in touch with my mother's ex husband and he's the one that told her that he had heard she passed away but he said he didn't know when or where. The last place I knew she was, was in Texas. That was around 2005 I believe.
I'm trying to find out more info but there are a few that I can't get in touch with yet, like my mother's step father.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2017, 07:52 AM

32,650 posts, read 48,040,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikecrystalhudson View Post
.......a lot of my family don't speak to me for me to find out anymore than this. ...........
Perhaps if your family will not speak to you, you could get an advocate to go and talk to them and get information for you. You do have an advantage in that you still have living relatives who should know answers.

Perhaps best to hire the advocate to gather family information for your children and not for you, if feelings about you personally are that hostile.

Old 02-14-2017, 09:48 AM

5,015 posts, read 8,185,127 times
OP, do you, or your wife, have a family tree on Ancestry?

I think you may be confused on your facts, as on a quick look, this is what I found, which appears to pertain to your maternal grandmother, as indicated above in your post:

Name: Betty Ann Mabe
[Betty Ann Powers]
[Betty Hudson]
[Betty Culey]
SSN: 488401168
Race: White
Birth Date: 12 Feb 1938
Birth Place: East St Loui, Illinois
[E St Louis S??, Illinois]
Death Date: 23 Mar 2005
Father: Fred T Mabe
Mother: Anna M Chimelewski
Type of Claim: Original SSN.
Notes: Mar 1954: Name listed as BETTY ANN MABE; Aug 1958: Name listed as BETTY ANN POWERS; 21 Sep 1976: Name listed as BETTY A HUDSON; 30 Nov 1976: Name listed as BETTY HUDSON; 04 Dec 1978: Name listed as BETTY A CULEY; 21 Jun 1993: Name listed as BETTY ANN CULEY

My suggestion is if you don't have access to Ancestry.com at your home, go, or call, your public library and see if they have the library edition. It is free at local libraries and you can access the family information. Above is a start. It is public record.

Unless your GM had your mother adopted by each man she married, or it's a odd coincidence, I don't see how your mother can have the same married names as you indicated, as your maternal grandmother does as seen above.

There may be a reason your mother hasn't contacted you. As someone else mentioned, maybe you need some professional help in this matter before proceeding to find family.

Good luck in your search!

Old 02-14-2017, 12:10 PM

6 posts, read 6,564 times
Thank you so much!!

Old 02-14-2017, 04:46 PM

5,015 posts, read 8,185,127 times
Quote:
Thank you so much!!
You are most welcome. I hope this helps you in your search. Thank you for the P/M - was unable to reply back to you through that.

Old 02-15-2017, 12:39 PM

14,477 posts, read 20,652,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldemila View Post
Name: Betty Ann Mabe
[Betty Ann Powers]
[Betty Hudson]
[Betty Culey]
SSN: 488401168
Race: White
Birth Date: 12 Feb 1938
Birth Place: East St Loui, Illinois
[E St Louis S??, Illinois]
Death Date: 23 Mar 2005
Father: Fred T Mabe
Mother: Anna M Chimelewski
Type of Claim: Original SSN.
Notes: Mar 1954: Name listed as BETTY ANN MABE; Aug 1958: Name listed as BETTY ANN POWERS; 21 Sep 1976: Name listed as BETTY A HUDSON; 30 Nov 1976: Name listed as BETTY HUDSON; 04 Dec 1978: Name listed as BETTY A CULEY; 21 Jun 1993: Name listed as BETTY ANN CULEY

Quote:
Her maiden is Sharon Marie Hudson. She was born in Missouri on 01/22/1960. She is the daughter of Betty Ann Mabe/Culey.

Are you sure she was born to Betty Ann Mabe (Powers) Hudson?

If the data found by Eldemila is correct then the time frame is tight.
Betty was a Powers in 1958 and not shown as a Hudson until 1976. This is 16 years after your mother was born with maiden name Hudson.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search