Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-18-2017, 10:21 PM

1 posts, read 742 times

Advertisements

When I was little my mom told me that I had a half sister that was my dad had with a girlfriend of him probably in the 80's. I was born in the 90's and although my dad is still alive I am trying to exhaust all online resources before having to have the dreadful conversation of what the girls name was, if I even get up the courage to ask him. If anyone could help me with online resources they've used that have worked to find people with limited information (all I have is my dads name and the location where she was probably born), or if you could help me at all you can PM me and ill share my information with you. I'd like to try to find her while we are still both young, I am 24 and she must be in her 30's. I have no other siblings and would love to find her.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2017, 10:33 AM

14,423 posts, read 20,544,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whereami321 View Post
When I was little my mom told me that I had a half sister that was my dad had with a girlfriend of him probably in the 80's. I was born in the 90's and although my dad is still alive I am trying to exhaust all online resources before having to have the dreadful conversation of what the girls name was, if I even get up the courage to ask him. If anyone could help me with online resources they've used that have worked to find people with limited information (all I have is my dads name and the location where she was probably born), or if you could help me at all you can PM me and ill share my information with you. I'd like to try to find her while we are still both young, I am 24 and she must be in her 30's. I have no other siblings and would love to find her.

Thanks
If all you have is your Father's name you may only have three options:
a. DNA testing.
b. Have the dreadful conversation with him.
c. Have the dreadful conversation with him.

The day of the dreadful conversation could turn out to be one of the most important days of your life.

Old 03-19-2017, 05:00 PM

5,401 posts, read 6,499,468 times
California birth records.

https://www.google.com/url?q=http://...JKn4yZrpYRS3Jw

Old 03-19-2017, 05:01 PM

129,024 posts, read 11,938,836 times
Talk to your Dad, if he dies suddenly you might never find out her name.

Old 03-21-2017, 08:39 PM

81 posts, read 99,526 times
I found a half-sister I didn't know I had through AncestryDNA. Finding her led me to my biological father, whom I was looking for.

I'd suggest DNA testing through AncestryDNA, FamilyTree DNA, AND 23andMe.

Good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search