Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-22-2017, 07:14 AM

1 posts, read 472 times

Advertisements

I am searching for decendants of Rocco, Liberata and/or Nicola Pantalone. They arrived in Bueonos Aires in the 1920's from Ripa Teatina, Abruzzo, Italy. They were brothers and sister. My grandfather, Tomas Pantalone came to the USA at the same time, but they never saw each other again.

If anyone knows anything or are the family of any of these Pantalones, please respond here or send me a direct message

Last edited by nei; 08-22-2017 at 10:38 AM.. Reason: don't put your personal info on the forum
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2017, 10:48 AM

8,375 posts, read 7,589,022 times
Doug, You might try posting this in the Genealogy sub-forum of City Data. I think you'll get some good advice for your search there.

Have you already tried Familysearch.org and Ancestry.com?

You might also want to keep in mind that once they got to Argentina, they may have used a Spanish version of the last name. So, you might try searching for alternate versions of your last name.

Last edited by RosieSD; 08-24-2017 at 11:13 AM..

Old 08-24-2017, 10:55 AM

14,416 posts, read 20,516,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dougwdavis View Post
I am searching for decendants of Rocco, Liberata and/or Nicola Pantalone. They arrived in Bueonos Aires in the 1920's from Ripa Teatina, Abruzzo, Italy. They were brothers and sister. My grandfather, Tomas Pantalone came to the USA at the same time, but they never saw each other again.

Do you know if Tomas died in the USA and you've seen his obituary?

That said Rosie is correct with it being more genealogy due to the ages.

Old 08-24-2017, 11:24 AM

8,375 posts, read 7,589,022 times
This is a long shot, but on Linked in, there are 10 people with the last name Pantalone who also live in Argentina. If you have a LinkedIn account (easy to set up if you don't), you could try contacting them to see if any are descendants of your grandfather's male siblings. Pantalone probably isn't that common a name in Argentina. Here's the link:

https://www.linkedin.com/pub/dir/+/P...ar-0-Argentina

I see there's a Rocio Pantalone on the list. It's possible that Rocio may be a Spanish derivative of Rocco. Again, it's a long shot, but there's always a chance that if it is, the Rocio Pantalone on LinkedIn was named after his (or her) grandfather.

But again, post your question on the Genealogy forum as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search