Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-24-2017, 06:30 AM

14,454 posts, read 20,630,704 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Skin View Post
Nannette told me that her dad was out of the marriage with Esperanza before Mildred came into the picture. Also that her dad never knew Mildred, making it unlikely that she worked for him at any time.
So that means that her dad was not the one to buy, build, own, and sell the Villa and where would his wife get such money for such a large place?
Maybe it was owned by a third party who happened to be a friend of the family and decided to name the camp - resort after Nannette?
Nannette should be know how it got named, so maybe there were other Hecker family members that owned the Villa.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2017, 07:44 AM

23,861 posts, read 33,523,515 times
U
Quote:
Originally Posted by howard555 View Post
Obituary for William J. Galvin (died 1966) age 74 of #73 Buckingham St. died Friday at his home. Born in Waterbury and lived in Hartford for many years. Husband of the late Jennie Ney Galvin, William was a member of the IBEW local and was employed as an electrician. He leaves two sons, Donald C. (Hartford) and Edward C. (East Hartford) and three daughters out of town. Dillon Funeral Home and burial at Northwood Cemetery in Wilson.

Disappointment that it did not name the three daughters with locations but the Op has contacted relatives of two of the daughters.

So the obituary gives the correct spelling of Jennie's middle name and she is named as Jennie (Jane elsewhere ?). It does tell us that Jennie died before he did. It advances things to 1966 such that as far as the person who wrote the obituary knew all three of his daughters were still living. This may or may not remove the chance that Mildred died in some accident vs. natural causes.
Also it puts his birth year as 1892.

Maybe with some very good luck former neighbors of #73 Buckingham St. might have known something about the whereabouts of Mildred. Or a retired person from that local IBEW.

With Jennie deceased and upon the death of William who may have been the only one is the household, there is a remote chance that Mildred attended her father's funeral.

Informative obituary though lacking details we all hoped for.
I had a few minutes so added him to find a grave

William Galvin new find a grave

William Galvin old find a grave

I also requested an edit for his son to link William to him
If anyone finds Jennie's burial location, I'll add her too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
19 July 1888 John F Ney age 23 on doc, no birth year marriage to Mary Fisher age 21 born 1867

Been replying on my cell otherwise I would have linked. Here is the web form. The reply was pretty quick when doing it this way. He can say he is her son then go from there. He should be able to fax documents to support it

Freedom of Information Law (FOIL) requests should be submitted through New York City's OpenRecords Portal by pressing the "Request a Record" button, catagory all, agency MYC office of the chief med examiner

Want to add these links in case I have more time to go back to search
1920 census William birth year 1893, Jennie's 1897
1930 census William birth year 1896 Jennie's 1896

1910 census Jennie Ney boarder 1896

William and Jennie Galvin mentioned in the obituary of Mrs Catherine A sister, Jane Marie, lives in Waterbury. The obit is on the right side of the page. It lists family so I didn't want to copy it all here

Edward Galvin born 1919 find a grave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Skin View Post
The 1940 census info listed here does not jive with the 1930 census as to the children's names and order of ages.
Edward F 1919
Donald C 1921
Marie. 1924. Aka Jane Marie
Catherine. 1926
Mildred. 1928

Copy of my mother's birth certificate lists William and Jennie as her parents with a matching address to the 1930 census at 67 Eastwood Ave., Waterbury, CT.

Last edited by Roselvr; 11-24-2017 at 08:55 AM..

Old 11-24-2017, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by historyfan View Post
NANETTE'S VILLA Windham, New York awaits your pleasure! 90 acres of riding range, picnic and hiking grounds!!! Spacious lawns bejeweled by fountains, flowers and contour furniture. All embraced by soothing music. Large modern, comfortable rooms. Hot and cold water . . . radio . . . telephone . . . spacious lobbies . . . modern dining room . . . Continental and American cuisine. 17 sports, among them tennis . . . volleyball . . . basketball . . . shuffleboard . . . horseshoe pitching. . . archery . . . darts . . . croquet . . . ping-pong . . . billiard pool . . . horseback riding . . . swimming . . . fishing . . . and for golf lovers a lovely putting green. Children's Playground.

Advertisement July 6, 1957, Pittsfield, Massachusetts, Berkshire County Eagle
I'm reading back over the thread, was looking up Nanette's Villa ended up finding a FB post about it that mentions Mildred a day after Historyfan posted it so I assume Mr Skin asked them to post or is an admin on the page?

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...id=46527396938

Comments
Quote:
He said the place was up Mitchell Hollow acrossed from Alberti’s. There was someone in his class who lived there. Around 60ish

Sugar Maples could accommodate up to 500 guests plus 100-125 employees. Nanette's Villa was comparable in size to Sugar Maples, as far as acreage goes, but I don't think it was in business very long. I found 1959 airline passenger records when these three women returned to Windham from a trip to Havana, Cuba. That was the year the Cuban Revolution ended and Fidel Castro came into power.

It was next to Alberti’s on Mitchell Hollow Rd, big place just before you got to the farm on the right.

Last edited by Roselvr; 11-24-2017 at 09:56 AM..

Old 11-24-2017, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
I'm reading back over the thread, was looking up Nanette's Villa ended up finding a FB post about it that mentions Mildred.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...id=46527396938
Both the Op and myself had been in touch with that center and Mrs. Morrow may have posted that, not sure. It looks to be dated Nov. 13th.
Her help and others in their organization is greatly appreciated by everyone.

Last edited by howard555; 11-24-2017 at 09:49 AM..

Old 11-24-2017, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Both the Op and myself had been in touch with that center and Mrs. Morrow may have posted that, not sure. It looks to be dated Nov. 13th.
Her help and others in their organization is greatly appreciated by everyone.
I hadn't seen it mentioned so figured I'd post it. Didn't see your comment when jumped on the computer to edit links

Old 11-25-2017, 09:58 AM

8,390 posts, read 7,637,875 times
If anyone wants to take a stab at this, I earlier mentioned my search of marriage records.

I used the name Mildred Galvin and searched between 1960 and 1970. I didn't limit by state.

I eliminated all Mildred Galvin's married during these years who had different middle names or whose ages clearly ruled them out.

That left two Mildred Galvin marriages.

Both were in Massachussetts and occurred in 1967 (in fact, they're back to back in the MA marriage book!)

They were:

Mildred Galvin m. James Witt in Worcester MA

Mildred Galvin m. Robert Parrotta in Quincy MA

Can anyone help me rule out these two Mildred Galvins?

So far, I have found a MA death record for James C. Witt born 1935, died October 2002 in Worcester. But his wife's name is listed as Claire Proulx, so I am not sure it is the same guy. The fact that he had a different wife when he died could just mean he and Mildred divorced at some point.

No death records for Mildred Parrotta or Mildred Witt (so far) that align with the right birth dates.

This may just be a wild goose chase, but it would be good to rule these two Mildred's out. So if anyone has any ideas or suggestions, let me know.

Old 11-25-2017, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosieSD View Post
Mildred Galvin m. Robert Parrotta in Quincy MA
No death records for Mildred Parrotta or Mildred Witt (so far) that align with the right birth dates.
Does the death record you have for Mildred show her death in 1992 and middle initial of C? If so she's on Find-A-Grave and you may have already known that based on your comprehensive efforts. Robert is there also and born 1932 and died 1996. No birth year shown for Mildred C. Parrotta.

Old 11-25-2017, 05:34 PM

8,390 posts, read 7,637,875 times
Quote:
Does the death record you have for Mildred show her death in 1992 and middle initial of C? If so she's on Find-A-Grave and you may have already known that based on your comprehensive efforts. Robert is there also and born 1932 and died 1996. No birth year shown for Mildred C. Parrotta.
I initially ruled her out based on that Find A Grave listing. But, then I discovered in the Socia Security death databases that the Mildred C. Parrotta who died in 1992 was born in 1919. No doubt that means she was too old to have married someone born in 1932 in 1967.

So, I am still looking for a Mildred Galvin who married Robert Parrotta in Quincy MA in 1967.

And, a Mildred Galvin who married James Witt in Worcester MA the same year. He may have later remarried, however.

Again, both are looooooong shots but since we are down to long shots, figured why not check them out.

Old 11-25-2017, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosieSD View Post
And, a Mildred Galvin who married James Witt in Worcester MA the same year. He may have later remarried, however.
I'm sure you saw James Witt 1935 on that site. His marker only has his name on the right side suggesting his spouse is still living or buried somewhere else.

Old 11-25-2017, 06:51 PM

197 posts, read 195,786 times
I have spent a good part of the afternoon trying to locate a date of death for Jennie E. Ney/Jennie Ney Galvin/ Jane E. Ney/ Jane E. Galvin/ Jane Ney Galvin born in 1895. Why is this so elusive? Someone had found a directory listing earlier for 1949 and according to William J. Galvin's obit, she was already deceased in 1966. So it is probably safe to assume she passed in that 17 year period between the 1949 Directory listing and the 1966 obit for William J. Galvin. I sincerely hope that my Grandma was not run over by a Reindeer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search