Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-16-2018, 08:37 AM

23,861 posts, read 33,529,254 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by katzenfreund View Post
I changed the title, hope it helps!
Thanks so much!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2018, 11:53 PM

197 posts, read 195,844 times
Default Title change

Thank you so much for changing the title. I was going to look into that. New title is perfect.

Old 08-18-2018, 04:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Skin View Post
Thank you so much for changing the title. I was going to look into that. New title is perfect.
You're very welcome. Its not hard to request; you report the 1st post you made, ask they change it to whatever you have typed out. I knew where all the new title info was so only had to format the info oncei grabbed it

Old 10-12-2018, 03:01 PM

Default DNA Update to this Thread

This update most likely will not help in the search for my Birth Mother Mildred May Galvin to which I have not been actively involved of late. I received a message from an Ancestry member who just received her DNA results back and she was interested in contacting me because her DNA and mine were linked and stated to be 1st or 2nd cousins. She got a look at my tree on Ancestry and determined she is an Aunt of mine by way of her Father who was William J. Galvin who is as you may know my maternal Grandfather. All I am at liberty to say is her mother was not Jennie E. (Ney) Galvin. She had gone looking for Galvins to see if anyone had a picture of her birth father. So we learn from this that my Mother has a half sister that no one knew about. She did not know anything about the Galvins and has no information about her half sister (my mother). Sorry to say that this info just seems to add more mystery to everything we already knew. Although it does provide hope that someday a half brother or sister may pop up if my Mom did not meet her demise in the early 1960's. If anything new developes I will post again.

Old 10-12-2018, 07:05 PM

14,459 posts, read 20,634,616 times
Quote:
This update most likely will not help in the search for my Birth Mother Mildred May Galvin to which I have not been actively involved of late. I received a message from an Ancestry member who just received her DNA results back and she was interested in contacting me because her DNA and mine were linked and stated to be 1st or 2nd cousins. She got a look at my tree on Ancestry and determined she is an Aunt of mine by way of her Father who was William J. Galvin who is as you may know my maternal Grandfather. All I am at liberty to say is her mother was not Jennie E. (Ney) Galvin. She had gone looking for Galvins to see if anyone had a picture of her birth father. So we learn from this that my Mother has a half sister that no one knew about. She did not know anything about the Galvins and has no information about her half sister (my mother). Sorry to say that this info just seems to add more mystery to everything we already knew. Although it does provide hope that someday a half brother or sister may pop up if my Mom did not meet her demise in the early 1960's. If anything new developes I will post again.

Thanks for the update.

I assume you know whether your mother's half sister is still living and when she was born. If years younger than your mother.......has your Aunt made efforts to locate and contact people who were in a position to know something about the relationship with William?
Classmates, co-workers, friends, neighbors, etc.
A new set of persons who knew of the relationship could remotely lead to a photo or some other clue.

A photo of William could help locate where your grandmother lived and died as well as your mother. From what I remember no one was able to find death records, etc. for Jennie Ney much less her daughter Mildred. I tried CT and NY for both females. No results. No will or probate. No obituaries. I did get William's obituary as you know but it did not help locate even his wife.

My guess was and remains (only my guess) that Mildred married 1+ times, her last name changed, she left the NY-CT area and lived until her death (or may live) in another state or even a small island near Florida.

Maybe DNA test results gives you more in the future. I hope so.

Last edited by howard555; 10-12-2018 at 07:16 PM..

Old 10-14-2018, 05:29 AM

Quote:

I'm still half asleep but could anyone you're in contact with provide a photo? Do you know the year of her birth? Was it when they supposedly separated?

She can look on classmates to see if there is a yearbook or even the military site to see if he's listed.

By the way, did you ever upload to My Heritage? If not try to upload by December because they're gonna start charging to upload. If you get it there before you're good with a free DNA account and have helped My Heritage out.

Old 10-19-2018, 11:12 PM

Yes, I did upload DNA to my Heritage, apparently a while ago. I tried to upload today but was told it was already uploaded. I do not have any answers to your other questions at this time

Old 11-06-2018, 12:08 PM

859 posts, read 705,126 times
It seems really like a mystry. Although, you've gotten a signifcance info!
Look, at the first page, you've mentioned that your dad passed away without telling you anything about your mom. The question is, did your father re-marry after her? If so, and she is alive now, you may can get some important info from your stepmom. Because I suppose that the divorced men could speak to their new wifes about their previous marriage & wives especially when they had children (like in your case). If she is not alive, and she had her own children, or you have half sisters/brothers from your father's side, you can ask them for this purpose, she most likely would speak to her children about you & your mom, especially with her daughters ( If she has). Even if she didn't want to speak, I suppose they would have asked her about their half brother out of curiosity.
I don't know how it was your relationship with your father, but do you really think that he'd never left anything about your mom. Nothing, nothing at all ! He might not left anything written, MAYBE, but I doubt that he'd never spoken with someone else about you and his previous life. You just may not know or have no idea about it. I suggest you to look at your father's relatives, friends. But AT FIRST, yon need to start with your stepmom.
It's better to look up and inquire_ at first_ with what "known" (which means your RELATIVES from your FATHER'S side, and even friends) in order to reach to an "unknown."

Old 11-09-2018, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Authentic Bird View Post
It seems really like a mystry. Although, you've gotten a signifcance info!
Look, at the first page, you've mentioned that your dad passed away without telling you anything about your mom. The question is, did your father re-marry after her? If so, and she is alive now, you may can get some important info from your stepmom. Because I suppose that the divorced men could speak to their new wifes about their previous marriage & wives especially when they had children (like in your case). If she is not alive, and she had her own children, or you have half sisters/brothers from your father's side, you can ask them for this purpose, she most likely would speak to her children about you & your mom, especially with her daughters ( If she has). Even if she didn't want to speak, I suppose they would have asked her about their half brother out of curiosity.
I don't know how it was your relationship with your father, but do you really think that he'd never left anything about your mom. Nothing, nothing at all ! He might not left anything written, MAYBE, but I doubt that he'd never spoken with someone else about you and his previous life. You just may not know or have no idea about it. I suggest you to look at your father's relatives, friends. But AT FIRST, yon need to start with your stepmom.
It's better to look up and inquire_ at first_ with what "known" (which means your RELATIVES from your FATHER'S side, and even friends) in order to reach to an "unknown."
A lot has happened since his 1st post. I had grabbed all the main info that had been posted, you can find it here //www.city-data.com/forum/peopl...l#post50236166. There are 11 quotes to read. Great "cheat guide" for anyone new to the thread. I'm sure there are more relevant posts after it, I haven't had time to sift thru the thread since the last time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
Here is Mr Skins and other posts history facts about Mildred and her family. To go directly to the post, click on the arrow in the quote if you have question if he's talking about Mildred, Jennie or someone else. It's in order oldest to newest at the bottom, wish I pasted it in the opposite way. I didn't think I'd copy this much stuff.

Old 11-09-2018, 11:40 AM

673 posts, read 502,473 times
Do you think it possible she changed her first and middle name or at least just her first name? I guessing it most likely she has remarried considering her age in 1967 and being so long ago. Much can happen in 51 years
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search