Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-17-2020, 05:13 AM

9 posts, read 11,248 times

Advertisements

Hello. I am looking for 2 siblings who were adopted out of the family.

Birth Names: Danny Dean Williams, Junior born in 1974 in Reno, Nevada.
Dannette D. Williams born 1977 in Reno, Nevada

Birth Parents Names: Nell Jean Pomeroy (1940-2000)
Danny Dean Williams, Sr (1947-2002)

There children were taken to Salem, Oregon in 1979 and adopted out through LDS. It is believed that Dannette was renamed Erin by her adoptive parents and stayed in Salem, Oregon. Danny was sent to Idaho or Iowa for adoption. We have no further information on them as of now.

Their full sibiling, Dawn D Williams has taken a DNA test with Ancestry & 23and Me, Uploaded to My Heritage, Family Tree DNA and Ged Match.

I am posting here so that if they search for their biological family that they may find this posting and reply or submit a DNA test. Parents and all grandparents are deceased. No info was provided about them in any obituaries.

Thank you for reading my post.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2020, 12:16 PM

3,217 posts, read 2,429,872 times
Does LDS allow notes to be put in their files so that if they come looking it is there? Some adoption agencies won't tell you who adopted them but they might allow a note to be put in the file in case the adoptee comes looking.

Old 09-18-2020, 06:27 PM

We have placed a notice in their files. We are just waiting. If they google their bio names, we want them to know that we are looking for them.

Old 09-22-2020, 11:15 AM

23,866 posts, read 33,545,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IvyStella View Post
Hello. I am looking for 2 siblings who were adopted out of the family.

There children were taken to Salem, Oregon in 1979 and adopted out through LDS. It is believed that Dannette was renamed Erin by her adoptive parents and stayed in Salem, Oregon. Danny was sent to Idaho or Iowa for adoption. We have no further information on them as of now.

Their full sibiling, Dawn D Williams has taken a DNA test with Ancestry & 23and Me, Uploaded to My Heritage, Family Tree DNA and Ged Match.

I am posting here so that if they search for their biological family that they may find this posting and reply or submit a DNA test. Parents and all grandparents are deceased. No info was provided about them in any obituaries.

Thank you for reading my post.
Glad to see DNA has been done. Most adoptees find bio families that way. Hopefully they will google their bio names and find this thread. Good luck

Old 10-19-2020, 03:45 PM

update:

Danny Dean Morrison Williams born May 24th, 1975 in Potter County, Texas, USA

Dannette's name was changed to Annette Marie (Last Name Unknown)

Old 10-23-2020, 12:27 PM

Quote:
update:

Dannette's name was changed to Annette Marie (Last Name Unknown)
I found my brother on adoption reunion registry. I searched for Danny Dean on the reunion registry, there are 11 results, the top one matches, it says it's by other, searching for adoptee, so I assume that it's your profile. Glad to see you already did that. It used to be that we could look at our search matches but the site was sold, then it was just sold again. Now it's a pay feature which pi$$es me off. That was the 1st site I registered on, I gave all of my brother's info for free. You'd think that for those of us that did enter our information that they would let us see the match profiles but they want to be greedy.

I've been helping adoptees since 1999, way before DNA. A few of us in this section have reunited a few adoptees with their bio parent, sibling(s), aunts/uncles. I have a blog on Adoption - Reunion Tips (non DNA), I don't know if it will help you. Look at my entry for adoption reunion web sites. Have you also registered with the ISSR (International Soundex Reunion Registry)? If not, I suggest you do that. It's one of the oldest reunion registries. It's possible your siblings registered with them before the internet like I did with my brother. Next would be to check G's site if you're not already there. It's another old one. I also have Troy's list on the blog but I'm not sure if it's a valid site any more. My computer isn't letting me thru. I also suggest you look at the Facebook listings I have, also do a search for adoption Facebook groups. See if there's a group for Oregon adoptees or Oregon adoption reunion. Last, you'll see in bold "I need to organize these older links but want to post in case someone needs them" I don't have time to pick thru them to see which are still working links. They were the oldest adoption reunion sites that your siblings could have registered on. One of my adoption advocate friends is a bio mother, she gave me some of the links. She's been doing this way longer then I have. I believe she's in her 80's now. She gave birth as a teen, found her daughter when the daughter was about 20.

You said they were adopted out of Oregon, I looked up birth record access and see that they're able to order their records. Oregon has it's own reunion registry, Oregon adoption reunion registry, make sure you also register there if you haven't already.

I've connected with a few of my 2nd and 3rd cousins that were adopted. The last one I connected with had been at 23 and me for 3 years before I messaged him telling him who his great grandparents were. I was also able to tell him who I believe his father is. He didn't know he could order his records in NJ, so your siblings may not know they can.

I just reread your 1st post, now I see it says Danny was sent to Idaho or Iowa for adoption. I thought they were both adopted out of Oregon. Idaho does not have an adoption reunion registry and is a closed record state. Iowa is also a closed record state but does have an adoption page that gives specifics on what can and can't be done so be sure to read that

State Adoption Legislation web site -
OREGON - UNRESTRICTED ACCESS

Quote:
In 1998, Oregon voters approved Measure 58, which granted adult adoptees access to the Original birth certificate. Oregon’s results serve as a prototype for what other states can expect when access legislation is passed. The release of 9267 birth certificates to Oregon adoptees during the past decade has resulted in no harm done to any party, including birth parents.

To access the history of the lawsuit that upheld Initiative 58 and to see the results of the Initiative click here.

Last edited by Roselvr; 10-23-2020 at 12:49 PM..

Old 10-25-2020, 09:38 AM

14,466 posts, read 20,644,378 times
Quote:
Quote:
update:
Danny Dean Williams, Jr. was born 1974 in Nevada.
Danny Dean Morrison Williams was born in May 1975 in Texas.

What source led you to the different dates and locations and what scenario gives the name Morrsion?

Old 10-27-2020, 11:28 AM

Danny's bio mother was previously married to a Morrison just before she connected with Danny Dean Williams, Sr. We found the record with his mother's full name listed in Texas (A previous known location of hers) His mother was born in Texas and adopted herself at age 2. Adoptive family relocated to California. She traveled all over the Western half of the US.

We do not know if his name was legally changed to Williams or not.

We are actively working on the Adoption sites to get their information out there. Thank you!

Old 10-28-2020, 05:06 AM

Quote:
Danny's bio mother was previously married to a Morrison just before she connected with Danny Dean Williams, Sr. We found the record with his mother's full name listed in Texas (A previous known location of hers) His mother was born in Texas and adopted herself at age 2. Adoptive family relocated to California. She traveled all over the Western half of the US.

We do not know if his name was legally changed to Williams or not.

We are actively working on the Adoption sites to get their information out there. Thank you!
You're very welcome.

Best suggestion I have, do not stop coming here. If you get a new email, make sure you log in to update your info here in case one of them decides to google. City-Data always comes up in google searches. I can't tell you how many people have made threads, post a few times then never came back. The person googled themselves, found the thread or other family found it, but the OP (original poster) never came back. We have another thread here that was started in 2008, the OP has kept up her thread for 12 years looking for her brother. Unfortunately, she doesn't know his name. She's hoping he will google their father or do DNA.

I'm going to give you the same advice I just gave her, see my quoted post below. To go directly to her thread using my quote you can click the arrow next to my name in the quote. You want to make a public tree on Family Search, Ancestry and My Heritage. You should be able to leave your email addy on your ancestry and my heritage profile with a note that you're looking for your siblings. Same with family search and find a grave, see my reply below for how to do that

I found your father Danny Dean Williams's Find A Grave memorial. Make an account there, then go to his memorial, click on suggest edits. At the top of the page you'll see This memorial is currently managed by Find a Grave. If you know more about this memorial or would like to manage it, request to manage it. I'm not seeing that your mother has one, she's mentioned on his. I searched for Nell then the 2 last names Wardwell and Pomeroy in the US and Nell Williams buried in the same cemetery but still not seeing her. What was her last name when she died and where is she buried? I can try to find it to at least connect her to him.

I also searched Family Search for your parents, not seeing either entered so make an account there to enter them.

What state was your mom adopted in? Have you looked to see if you can order her adoption records?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
I agree with Howard, put your father on Find A Grave, in the bio section mention that you're looking for his son and to contact you by suggesting an edit. I'm not sure if they'd allow you to put an email addy in his bio but you can always try it. Also put him on Family Search which is a public tree site, Ancestry and my heritage like I said in my quoted post below. On Family Search there is an option to add a note at the top under life sketch. You can leave your email addy there. I'll have to brain storm about Ancestry and how you could add a note to your dad, you surely could add your brothers birth to your dad's time line. Just make sure the ancestry tree is public. You can also enter yourself but it won't show to him because you're alive. People living are hidden, same on family search. When you make your profile on Ancestry and my heritage, in your bio, write that your looking for your brother and to please contact you, leave your email addy there because he wouldn't be able to contact you on ancestry with a free account unless he did DNA. You can either do the tree or your sister can since she's already there. I personally like to control stuff like that because I know I'm doing it now and doing it the way I want it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
You should enter your dad/tree on family search in case your brother looks there. Also do a public tree with your dad and brother on ancestry and my heritage

Last edited by Roselvr; 10-28-2020 at 05:20 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search