U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-06-2021, 04:36 PM

1 posts, read 1,321 times

Advertisements

To:marykalinec@sbcglobal.net
Details
I have been searching online for a male half-sibling and ran across your comments on a City-Data from a 2009 forum concerning Dr. Frank Story and Bea Hamilton. I did not find out until 2014 that my mother had given birth to a male child in the early 1960's and placed the child up for adoption. I assumed that this happened in 1962, but I wasn't exactly sure as to the year. By the time I found out, my mother had developed dementia and even though she could remember giving birth to a son, she could not remember the exact date and since losing my mom in 2020, I thought I would try and locate my sibling.

I was born in Aiken, S.C. in 1957 and my sister was born in Augusta, Ga. in 1958. Our parents split up in 1960 and our father left our mother alone with 2 little girls to raise. He moved to California and we never saw him again. I assume thinking back, that if she were pregnant at the time or became pregnant later, she may not have had a choice since my sister and I were always in someone's care as my mom tried to work and provide for us. Our grandmother lived out of state, so our mom was mostly on her own making very hard decisions for a young woman in her early 20's.

I wanted to reach out to you, hopefully, you have information regarding Dr. Frank Story and Bea Hamilton. My mother lived with me from 2014 until she passed away in 2020. During this time we both submitted our DNA to Ancestry.com trying to locate her biological son, but have not received any DNA matches regarding her son. I do know that my mom's doctor was Dr. Frank Story, because she spoke about him off and on through the years, always praising him for saving her life.

Sincerely,

BWCountryClassic@aol.com
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search