Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2008, 03:34 PM

4 posts, read 118,096 times

Advertisements

Hi!
I am new to this forum and would really apreciate any advice or help regarding finding my husbands father.

As far as we know he lives in Mexico. He is from Chihuahua and is about 64 years old. His full name is Ignacio Jose Terrazas Sanchez.

We live in Athens Greece which is the last place my husband saw his father about 30 years ago when he came to visit.

We have been searching via internet for several years but have not been able to find anything yet...

Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2008, 12:57 PM

838 posts, read 2,241,075 times
I don't know much about searching in Mexico or other foreign countries, but in America, I always start by googling the person. Have you tried that? I would do it for you but I don't speak or read Spanish. However, here is the Google Mexico site:
Google

Old 06-14-2008, 01:25 PM

thanks for the tip but I have googled and googled and googled!!
I have tried any search engine I know even the spanish ones but I have had no luck. The problem is that the Terrazas name is a very common one in the Chihuahua region which he is from but also in other areas as well. But I have yet to find someone with that excact name. The mexican white pages require some kind of registry to search them and you have to have a phone number with them in order to search.. so no luck there either...
I have some additional information about him if it is of any help. He studied in an american univercity and has lived in the states in his youth. His parents names where Eustolia and Ignacio and his last known residence was in Chihuahua. We are really eager to find him as we have a son that would really like to meet his grandpa. My husband and his father lost touch for realy no reason at all and it would be great if they could be reunited.

Old 07-10-2008, 03:02 PM

Looking through mexican sites we found an on-line database for birth - marriage and death certificates of people in the Chihuahua region. We finaly where able to locate his sister's son in mexico but he was no help at all. My husband isn't sure if he didn't have or didnt want to give us any information regarding his father. (although he didnt seem too suprised to hear from a long lost relative all the way from Greece). So we are stuck again.
If you have been informed of the fact your son is looking for you and if by any chance you are reading this, know that he has been searching for a long time and that he wants to talk to you. You r half of who he is and he has spent almost his whole life wondering about that half. He at least deserves that. He has become a wonderful man and an amazing father.

Anyway if this can help anyone else this is the link to the chihuahua database Gobierno del Estado de Chihuahua.- :: Portal Gubernamental :: Hope it helps!!

If this helps too we found out that through our countries operator we can find information on other countries phone registries. in our case his number was unlisted but it is worth a shot if u r looking for someone abroad and language is an issue.

Old 09-26-2008, 01:34 PM

Location: I currently live in Southern California with my family.
1 posts, read 37,954 times
As I can see, I'm not the only one looking for my father who could still be in Mexico. Veracruz to be exact. My story is that my mom basically used him to have a child and told him he didn't HAVE TO be a part of my life. Although he said he wanted to be there, and was there for about 3 months, I guess he just didn't want to deal with the rest of the family (mostly 2 very overprotective uncles). So he ended up leaving and never being heard from again. I really want to find him for the simple fact that I want to know what he looks like and what he's like. And obviously to find out his "side" of the story. I'm not sure if I want to have a relationship with him, just because he abandonded me for no good reason, and because my mom married someone who took me in as his daughter and has been raising me since I was 2.
My birth father's name is Carlos Partida Lamadrid. He worked in Mexico City for a while before he went back to Veracruz, from what I understand. His mother is Guillermina Lamadrid Cortes (I don't know if she's still alive). His father was Pedro Partida Contla, he, I think is dead.
So if anyone can help me with anything. Please let me know.

Old 08-15-2009, 04:30 AM

1 posts, read 36,859 times
how can i find my son Tuan Mercedes Hernandez in Solosuchchiapa mexico?

Old 10-09-2009, 09:03 PM

5 posts, read 64,820 times
For those trying to find someone in Mexico,

Mexico is not the U.S. For 96% of people, using Google to find someone in Mexico will not work because most people in Mexico are not online. The number of computers is still far below that of the U.S. Genealogists will say that maybe 10% of all information is on the Internet and not all of that is accurate. If you have tried the Internet for more than a month, then it's highly unlikely that you will find the person you are searching for online.

At that point, my recommendation is to look for a service that can help you. There are a few in the U.S. My mentor once told me to ask two questions. Have you done this before? Have you done this in Mexico? If the answer isn't "Yes" to both, then you have the wrong company. You want to ask if they are still locating people in Mexico. Don't accept the answer that they have found people in the U.S. That's not a good substitute for finding family and friends in Mexico.

Before you take this step, make sure you have the complete name of the person and the city and state where they may be living.

In my experience, you can have a lot of information but there may come a point when you need expert assistance. This is the same as going to a doctor. You can stay in bed and eat chicken soup and take pills, but there may come a time when you have to go to a doctor when you want to get better.

If you have searched online and found nothing, then search for companies that specialize in finding relatives in Mexico such as fathers, mothers and siblings. Be wary of telephone sites and companies that offer automated services. Finding someone in Mexico can be done so have your vital information ready and get a reliable company. Good luck on your search.

Last edited by 7th generation; 10-10-2009 at 03:36 PM.. Reason: sorry, no manual sigs

Old 10-10-2009, 09:45 PM

20 posts, read 131,815 times
Default Father last known place of residence Mexico City, Mexic

Searching for any information on Luis N Halabe.

Old 10-20-2009, 12:39 PM

6 posts, read 46,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ealvarez View Post
As I can see, I'm not the only one looking for my father who could still be in Mexico. Veracruz to be exact. My story is that my mom basically used him to have a child and told him he didn't HAVE TO be a part of my life. Although he said he wanted to be there, and was there for about 3 months, I guess he just didn't want to deal with the rest of the family (mostly 2 very overprotective uncles). So he ended up leaving and never being heard from again. I really want to find him for the simple fact that I want to know what he looks like and what he's like. And obviously to find out his "side" of the story. I'm not sure if I want to have a relationship with him, just because he abandonded me for no good reason, and because my mom married someone who took me in as his daughter and has been raising me since I was 2.
My birth father's name is Carlos Partida Lamadrid. He worked in Mexico City for a while before he went back to Veracruz, from what I understand. His mother is Guillermina Lamadrid Cortes (I don't know if she's still alive). His father was Pedro Partida Contla, he, I think is dead.
So if anyone can help me with anything. Please let me know.
Hi I made a phone serach por Partida Lamadrid Carlos, and nothing came out, but I did find two people with the same last name who could be related I hope it helps.
PARTIDA LAMADRID GUSTAVO ADOLFO
VERACRUZ, VERACRUZ. MEXICO PH. (229)924-3418

PARTIDA LAMADRID JOSE DE JESUS
CIUDAD OBREGON, CHIHUAHUA (644) 431-2397

GOOD LUCK!

BRIDHA

Old 10-29-2009, 02:19 PM

1 posts, read 36,328 times
Default Looking for my father & granmother in Acapulco Mexico

Hi!...I have been searching for my father for a few years now, and I have had very little luck..a few years ago I was able to get several phone numbers but now it seems like you need to be a customer of telmex to actually search for phone numbers online..Im 22 years old and I was originally born in Chilpancingo, Guerrero, I've never met my father, or my grandmother, I have knowledge that I was loved by my grandma but my father never made it to the hospital to see me when I was born, yet Im still looking for him because my heart has the desire to know that I actually am someones kid, and feel the feeling of having a father, he used to do some aluminum work in Chilpancingo, Guerrero but I dont know if that is still his job, I believe that my grandma whose name is "Carmelita" or CARMEN GARCILAZO DE LUNA is still in Chilpancingo Guerrero, but my father I think is in Acapulco Guerrero and his name is JUAN MANUEL LUNA GARCILAZO..please if someone could help me or give me tips as to how to search I will be forever thankful!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search