U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Independence Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-28-2006, 12:00 PM

1 posts, read 2,835 times

Advertisements

Hello,

I am trying to make contact with ANY family member of Theodora "Dora" Visscher Vanderziel Post and Thys Post. This couple is buried in the Hope Cemetary in Hull and passed away in 1957.

Theodora came from Holland in 1910 with her husband, Gerrit Vanderziel and 4 children, Lubbigje, Dirk, Egbert and Hendricka or "Rekka". Gerrit Vanderziel died in 1918 in Minnesota and Dora married Thys Post in 1925 in the Sioux Center area. The Vanderziel's lived in Sioux Center. There were more children born to Gerrit and Dora named Bertha and possibly Dora or Dot. I don't know if there were more.

Gerrit Vanderziel was a younger brother of my great grandfather, Jacob Vanderziel, who left Sioux Center in 1913 and settled in the Central California town of Hanford. Gerrit and Jacob had another brother named Aalt who lived in the Michigan area and we have contact with this family but not with anyone in Gerrit and Dora's family. We have put together a family tree but this does not include Gerrit's family.

We know nothing about Lubbigje. Our branch had a Lubbigje and we called her Lucy so this woman might also have been called Lucy.

We know that Dirk was called **** and he died in Sioux Center in 1922.

I have traced Egbert who called himself Edward and he lived and died in the Galveston, Texas area. He was married and had one adopted son who is also deceased.

Hendricka changed her name to Henrietta and was called Rekka. She was married to Andrew Jaasma but he passed away and she re-married Harry Hoogeveen and they are buried in Rock Rapids at Riverview Cemetary. I was told by Rekka's sister-in-law, Jennie Jaasma, that Rekka had no children.

Bertha, we believe, was married to Gerald Haarsma and they are buried in Riverview Cemetary in Rock Rapids also.

When Theodora Visscher Vanderziel Post left Holland in 1910, she left her family behind. One was her sister, Aaltjen Visscher de Vries. I am working with Aaltjen's granddaugher, Coby Bakker of Hoorn, Holland, to trace the family of Theodora so that they can add this branch to their family tree and I want to add this line to my own families tree.

Gerrit, Aalt and Opa Jacob were the sons of Egbert Vanderziel and Lubbigje Post who came to Sioux Center in 1908 along with a daughter Elisabeth. Tante Elisabeth died in 1983 at the age of 93. She never married and was a seamstress for many years in Sioux Center.

Both Dora and Thys died in 1957 and the family in Holland have said that they had 27 grandchildren so I am trying to connect with any of the family.

If you read this and know of this family, please pass this along. I can be emailed at Dutchgalncal11@comcast.net or by post office at 2907 E. San Gabriel Ave, Fresno, Calif 93726 or phone 559-222-0911.

Thank you,
Cheryl Cessna
Fresno, Calif
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2007, 01:13 AM

1 posts, read 2,822 times
Default theodora visscher and gerrit vanderziel

Cheryl

Theodora Visscher is the sister of my grandmother, I also have contact with Aaltje Bakker.

My grandmother was married with Cornelis Meijlink.

I do research at that familiy, I have a lot of information

Ans Meijlink
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search