Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2018, 08:02 PM

89 posts, read 174,292 times

Advertisements

Suspect she was killed by father in greater Miami, Florida. Disappeared in 1969 and was never reported by family. I was 14 years old and she would have been only 12 years old. Dysfunctional family to say the least. How can I child disappear and NO ONE notice or report????????? Her name is Jeanne Kahthaler (sp? ) It's all so unbelieveable to me now that I'm 65 years old. I'm having constant reoccuring dreams about her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2018, 04:37 AM

23,859 posts, read 33,518,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoNative View Post
Suspect she was killed by father in greater Miami, Florida. Disappeared in 1969 and was never reported by family. I was 14 years old and she would have been only 12 years old. Dysfunctional family to say the least. How can I child disappear and NO ONE notice or report????????? Her name is Jeanne Kahthaler (sp? ) It's all so unbelieveable to me now that I'm 65 years old. I'm having constant reoccuring dreams about her.
You found the right person, or I should say the right person found you. It's what I do. I can help you or you can do it yourself. It's not hard.

Please call Miami police to report her missing. She very well could be one of many Jane Doe's listed on our national missing and unidentified person's site NamUs.

You could also make an account on NamUs and enter her yourself on the missing person's site but you will need a missing person's report for the profile to go live and for them to get DNA to match against Jane Doe's

Old 10-22-2018, 04:12 PM

14,450 posts, read 20,627,395 times
It would be unusual for the matter to not have been reported back in the 1970's. A 12 year old likely went to school and her disappearance would have been noticed by someone even if the family member hid the act. If the death was not reported, but someone found unknown deceased remains, the coroner's office in that county would have to come out and do a report on any death that did not occur in a hospital or care facility.

Roselvr has given you good links.

Old 10-22-2018, 06:53 PM

5,401 posts, read 6,523,752 times
Could this be the name spelling? --- not to suggest this family, just the last name spelling.

Obituary for Donald Peter Kalchthaler
Donald Kalchthaler, 53, husband of Judy Kalchthaler, of 201 Honeysuckle Drive, Seneca, SC, died Saturday, March 19, 2011, at the Cottingham Hospice House.

A native of Miami, Florida, Mr. Kalchthaler was the son of the late Paul Joseph and Helen Beatrice Beadling Kalchthaler. He was a member of Roe Fulkerson Masonic Lodge #299 in Hollywood, Fl. He was a self employed independent contractor, and a member of Whitestone Freedom Fellowship.

In addition to his wife, Mr. Kalchthaler is survived by a son: Paul Kalchthaler of Seneca, SC; daughter: Kristen Kalchthaler of Seneca, SC; brothers: Robert Kalchthaler, William Kalchthaler, and Philip Kalchthaler, all of Seneca, SC, and James Kalchthaler of Norris, SC; and sisters: Susan Zeidman and Patricia Cemer both of Florida, and four grandsons.

Last edited by historyfan; 10-22-2018 at 07:06 PM..

Old 10-22-2018, 07:59 PM

Thanks for all the help. It's a long a sordid history. Remember this is Miami in the late 1960's drugs where everywhere and crime was at a all time high. A 12 year old missing girl would have only been missed by family - she wasn't.
Her father would have buried or sunk her somewhere where she could never be found. He was a hunter AND rode horses at times while hunting in addition to his full track hunting vehicles. He was an abuser of everything /everyone in his presence especially his children, wife ( my oldest sister ) and animals. In fact, I was the only family member ( of 5 siblings ) to stand up to him when I caught him beating a horse. I was 14 years old and told him that If I ever saw him do that again to any animal or my family I would reveal to authorities the thing he did to me when I was 12.. Surely, public shame and likely prison time would be his constant companion.
So I speak from first hand experience with this monster of a man. My sister was too traumitized to challenge him.
YES, that is the spelling!!!! Thanks Through research I did locate her deceased Felony brother. He was the other younger sibling that was tormented and abused from a very young age. This kind of treatment really messes up a young mind. I too left my family for a long time to distance myself because of this man. Stayed in touch with mother but, moved to Orlando to try and forget the horrific past of my early childhood.
I did try to report her missing in 2018 ( 50 years later ) and gave all the above details and just got a run around from Miami Police Department and Dade County officials - being passed from one Division to another. I even called the FBI and tried to report her missing with my suspicions that she was murdered by her father. The female FBI agent stated " what's the use of pursuing this when nothing can be proven " since her father ( the suspected murderer ) was also probably dead. After that attempt I gave up. All I really discovered was that " agencies responsibile for solving missing peoples " are inept and uncaring - much like the family of Jeanne...

Old 10-22-2018, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBillM View Post
Do you know if her middle name was Ann? If so maybe she wasn't killed.

This one was in Miami.
Name Jeanne Ann Kalchthaler
Event Type Marriage
Event Date 01 Jun 1980
Event Place Miami-Dade, Florida, United States
Gender Female
Race White
Volume 4687
Certificate Number 043513
I couldn't get the corresponding one for the spouse's name, even with a certificate number search.

Old 10-22-2018, 08:47 PM

wow! Maybe, i am ashamed that I don't know more. Like I said I left home as a 14 year old. School officials never even in quired about me. Even worked at a TB racetrack without proof of age. Boy those were the days heheh
How did you get this info? Does it reveal where she is located? still in Miami?

Old 10-22-2018, 08:49 PM

I think you found her!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! old memory is coming back and I do think her middle name was Ann and the dates do correspound to the right times.

Old 10-22-2018, 09:09 PM

This might not be correct Jeanne because birthyear listed is 1961. Married in 1980 to David Lamel. I
...but very unusual last name, so perhaps it is.

Her old address in 1990's from Ancestry directories:

Name: Jeanne A Lamel
Birth Date: 24 Jul 1961
Address: 5 47th, Fort Lauderdale, FL, 33302

This appears to be current from Florida registered voters list:

Jeanne A Lamel
Race: White, Non Hispanic
Residential Address:Sunrise Fl 33351
Party Affiliation: No Party Affiliation
Registered to Vote In: Broward County, FL
Voter Status: Active

Old 10-23-2018, 04:28 AM

23,859 posts, read 33,518,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by howard555 View Post
It would be unusual for the matter to not have been reported back in the 1970's. A 12 year old likely went to school and her disappearance would have been noticed by someone even if the family member hid the act. If the death was not reported, but someone found unknown deceased remains, the coroner's office in that county would have to come out and do a report on any death that did not occur in a hospital or care facility.

Roselvr has given you good links.
Not how it worked back then; she would have been a runaway, LE wouldn't have done anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoNative View Post
Thanks for all the help. It's a long a sordid history. Remember this is Miami in the late 1960's drugs where everywhere and crime was at a all time high. A 12 year old missing girl would have only been missed by family - she wasn't.
Her father would have buried or sunk her somewhere where she could never be found. He was a hunter AND rode horses at times while hunting in addition to his full track hunting vehicles. He was an abuser of everything /everyone in his presence especially his children, wife ( my oldest sister ) and animals. In fact, I was the only family member ( of 5 siblings ) to stand up to him when I caught him beating a horse. I was 14 years old and told him that If I ever saw him do that again to any animal or my family I would reveal to authorities the thing he did to me when I was 12.. Surely, public shame and likely prison time would be his constant companion.
So I speak from first hand experience with this monster of a man. My sister was too traumitized to challenge him.
YES, that is the spelling!!!! Thanks Through research I did locate her deceased Felony brother. He was the other younger sibling that was tormented and abused from a very young age. This kind of treatment really messes up a young mind. I too left my family for a long time to distance myself because of this man. Stayed in touch with mother but, moved to Orlando to try and forget the horrific past of my early childhood.
I did try to report her missing in 2018 ( 50 years later ) and gave all the above details and just got a run around from Miami Police Department and Dade County officials - being passed from one Division to another. I even called the FBI and tried to report her missing with my suspicions that she was murdered by her father. The female FBI agent stated " what's the use of pursuing this when nothing can be proven " since her father ( the suspected murderer ) was also probably dead. After that attempt I gave up. All I really discovered was that " agencies responsibile for solving missing peoples " are inept and uncaring - much like the family of Jeanne...
If the one historyfan found is not her go directly to NamUs to start a case file. They have tricks up their sleeve to get her listed and if not at least she would be in the database although not public. The next step would be to look for Doe's that match her.

I co-own a missing and unidentified person's FB page Never Forget Me, my partner's 13 year old sister was a victim of Gerard Schaefer in 1972 who pretty much fed his victims to the alligators. Her sisters remains have not been found

LE refused to do anything at 1st, calling her a runaway. Her parents were instrumental in changing laws where they stopped doing that. It was her mother that realized it was Schaefer who took Debby because the father met him in a bar. To date, Debby is not listed as a victim, LE have not said if they found her jewelry in his home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search