U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-25-2008, 09:49 PM

10 posts, read 20,144 times

Advertisements

I have just started looking for my biological father. I am 30 years old and was born in 1978 in North Hollywood, CA. My father's name is
Steven Hanna and he would be around 60 years old, maybe a little younger. My mother and father worked together in Los Angeles at the Century Plaza Hotel, where he was the manager of the garden room. please email me with any information anyone may have. Thank You.

heatherkimberly@hotmail.com
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2008, 05:19 PM

1,063 posts, read 2,298,379 times
That's a fairly common name. Is that all the info you have on him?

Old 12-26-2008, 11:45 PM

I am new at this...did I originally just send you a message back? oh well, here goes again...

that's pretty much all i know, yes, his name and approximate age. i know he was a manager of the garden room at the century plaza hotel in 1977 and 78, which is apparently a very famous hotel in los angeles...he worked with my mom and from what i gather she got pregnant and basically told him not to worry about having any involvement...she doesn't know his family, etc...i know his approximate age and that he probably still lives in california somewhere, i would assume the L.A. area, but who knows, people move...he didn't sign my birth certificate, just has his name.

Old 12-26-2008, 11:56 PM

838 posts, read 2,086,130 times
Does your birth certificate have his age or date of birth at the time you were born?
I only found one in North Hollywood and he is 52 years old, which is alot younger than the 60 you gave.

Old 12-27-2008, 12:02 AM

1,063 posts, read 2,298,379 times
You never know...there could be some old-timers still working there or maybe someone there who knows someone who worked there for a long time. Have you tried that? It might be worth looking into, especially since he was a manager.

Old 12-27-2008, 12:45 PM

My birth certificate says his age was 30, which was how old my mom was, but the other day, she said she thought he may have been a couple of years younger than her. She is 60. So, I am thinking he is 55-60, but probably not much younger than that. I found that one in North Hollywood, too, and what frustrates me is that when I look at those sites that claim they are free, they are not and I did a test run on myself and one of them said I was 60! So, I would not mind spending a little money if I knew for sure, but not for false info...

As far as the hotel, I looked it up on the internet and the garden room, which he managed, no longer exists-at least it wasn't on the website, other restaurants were...I will today or tomorrow call the hotel and see if they can maybe direct me in the right direction, but it has been 30 years, so we will see I guess.

P.S. thanks for your help and concern-that's really nice of both of you

Old 12-27-2008, 02:02 PM

I only use the pay sites to give me information like cities they lived in, relatives they have and ages to narrow down the one I am looking for. I do not pay for the information. Very often I find the information is outdated. But it does give leads. Also, I can run the person by first name and date of birth or if I know the person is about 60, I can go through by age to narrow it down.
For instance, this is all the Steven Hanna's this site has in the country who are 60:
http://www.people-finders.ws/Summary...Input=&x=0&y=0
There are only 8 of them. It makes the search more manageable.

Then I use the public records that are free.
Zabasearch is a free site. Again, very often the information is outdated, but you can send a letter and if the person has moved within a year it will be forwarded if they put in a forward and then for the next 6 months they send it back to you with the new information.
Here's what Zabasearch has to offer:
STEVEN HANNA in ZabaSearch People Search Engine
STEVEN G HANNA Born 1956 Record Created: 04/2006
6245 BAKMAN AVE
NORTH HOLLYWOOD, CA 91606
This guy is 52, though.
Do you have a middle name or initial?
Also, ecam has a very good idea if you can find someone who still works there.
Was there a child support order? Also, do you know if your mom got any government help while you were growing up, like did medicaid help pay for the birth or was there any time when she got Social Services? If there was such a time, the state of California would have gone after him for child support and there would be a record with more information. A child support order should have his date of birth.

Last edited by Susan13202; 12-27-2008 at 02:59 PM..

Old 12-27-2008, 02:10 PM

Although he would still be considered young, you would still want to check death records, such as California Death Records and the Social Security Death Index. If this man would have lived, he would have been 54. Again, younger than what you said you were looking for. However, you can run down obituaries which would give you more information such as the type of work they did sometimes and relatives.

http://vitals.rootsweb.ancestry.com/ca/death/search.cgi

HANNA STEVEN WAYNE
BORN: 09/13/1954
MOTHER'S MAIDEN: HENNIGH
M
BIRTHPLACE: CALIFORNIA
PLACE OF DEATH: Lancaster, LOS ANGELES
DATE OF DEATH: 01/02/1985
AGE AT DEATH: 30 yrs

Old 12-27-2008, 03:27 PM

Not sure about child support...or if she got help via social services, I will ask her.

Old 12-27-2008, 03:51 PM

where can I go to see the obituary of the one who died in 1985? I went to the ancestry.com and another I found and everyone wants to charge to see it! I am getting frustrated! Isn't that supposed to be public record?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search