Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2007, 05:49 PM

3 posts, read 25,095 times

Advertisements

Hello,

My name is Lisa. I am looking for my birth father. I was told his name is Stanley Benson. I was also told that he is from Texas. I am 26 years old. My mothers name is Connie. My grandfather was in the Army. My mother and father met while they were staioned in Germany. If you have any info please let me know. I did a search on zaba and got a couple of hits. I wrote letters to every Stan Benson that lives in Texas.

Thanks for your time
Lisa

Last edited by duster902; 03-07-2007 at 05:50 PM.. Reason: spelled something wrong
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2007, 06:16 PM

19 posts, read 55,652 times
I was in a similar situation with my father. I did a search on whitepages.com and called every single one on the list that came up under my fathers name. I found this there for Stanley Benson. You might try it. It is how I found mine. Let me know how it goes! It is hard when you have never even met him. My father didn't like the idea of me at all. I am glad I got to see that for myself though. I hope your search ends happier than mine. Good luck hun!

Benson, Stanley G
1104 Roaring Springs Dr
Allen, TX 75002-1908
(972) 727-4122

Old 03-10-2007, 12:54 PM

Location: My heart is in Wyoming, my body is soon to follow.....
745 posts, read 4,064,789 times
I found my mother's birth family(her mother had passed) by using ancestry.com along with people search engines. All I had to go on was her name and location when she had my mom. Good luck to you in your search I hope it turns out as well as mine did. They were very accepting of me, and had no clue that we even existed.

Old 03-20-2007, 11:16 PM

4 posts, read 29,882 times
About How Old Is He?

Old 04-04-2007, 01:59 PM

1 posts, read 21,827 times
Default i'm looking, too!

My name is Erica and I am looking for my father, too. My mom met him in 1981 when he was a freshman at The Ohio State University. His name is Robert Brown. I am having difficulties finding him, since Robert Brown is such a common name! Supposedly, they met at a bar called Papa Joe's on campus. He was originally from Cincinnati. I'm stuck! Any ideas?

Old 04-04-2007, 02:57 PM

70 posts, read 253,978 times
Good Luck, I hope you find him, I've been trying to look for my father for I don't know how long. All I have to go on is a name also,and it's a common name. Willis Allen Williams Jr. Oh and he had a nickname that everyone knew him by which was Snookie. Unless he dropped off the face of the earth or is dead, or doesn't keep a phone or anything in his name, I don't think I'm going to have much luck. Plus from everything I heard from when I was 4 years old was that he is not the kind of man I want to be looking for, I could handle that, everyone wants to see where they came from. And my mother is no help, she still claims not to ever know his social security number or birthday, hello you lived with this man for 7 years whatever, it's very aggravating. Then again I look at it like this he knew where I was for I don't know how long, and he obviously isn't looking for me so screw it. And I highly doubt that he is computer savvy, because he would be at least 60 by now. But I found out from a relative that I have 4 half-sisters. Sorry to hijack your post, I guess that vent was waiting to come out. Good Luck with your search.

Old 04-05-2007, 12:01 PM

469 posts, read 2,735,933 times
erica, try contacting the Ohio State U alumni association, http://www.ohiostatealumni.org/ Maybe you can find him or an old friend of his, someone who might know where he is today.

NorthFace, I really feel your pain! My mother couldn't tell me my birthfather's birthday either, even though they were together for like 5 years. All she remembered was it was in February. I got lucky though, I managed to get his birth certificate from the MS records office. Do you know where Willis Allen Williams Jr. was born? What state he was from? Judging by his name, his father was Willis Allen Williams Sr., and you might can find him in a census. censuses from 1930 back are open to the public, try ancestry.com or post a query on http://www.us-census.org/webbbs/lookups/index.cgi (broken link)

Old 04-07-2007, 08:07 PM

7 posts, read 47,329 times
Hi,
Be careful is all I can say. I looked for mine and found him through the internet.But he was very rude and denys being my father. Talked smack about my mother. So be careful don't want you getting hurt. Oh, after about a year or two he emailed me several times but never ever admitted he was my father. He is getting up in age and maybe some day he will change his mind. Maybe thought I was after his money,when all i wanted was his last name.
God Bless,
LongStemRose

Old 05-09-2007, 07:06 PM

2,267 posts, read 3,295,611 times
I had a similar experience when I found my birth Father but luckily he knew enough about my birth Mothers family that I was able to find her...I don't talk to him anymore.

I had 8 or 9 pages of people with the same last name as hers in the whole US...I just started calling, I gave them the story that I was doing some genealogical research and that her name had come up...did they know her. Of course I was hoping to run across one of her brothers since the assumption is that women get married and change their names.

Old 05-14-2007, 02:33 PM

70 posts, read 253,978 times
Wow I just realized something, if my father happens to type his name in Google my post is the second one that comes up with the title looking for my birth father. Crazy. I hope he decides to do that one day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search