Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-03-2009, 07:38 AM

9,779 posts, read 15,793,171 times

Advertisements

Hi,

My mother who is 71 wants to find an old friend of hers. She hasn't seen her since the 1960's. Her friend's name is Helen Ogonek and she was born around 1936 and lived in the New York City area (lived in Brooklyn, NY in the 1960's), but she was raised by her grandmother (Celia?) whose last name is Einhorn and Helen sometimes used that last name (Helen Einhorn). We don't know Helen's mother or father's name but her grandmother had two other children, Fred Einhorn who lived in either California or Florida and Toby Einhorn who lived in NY, NY and then New Jersey. Both Toby Einhorn (don't know married last name) and Fred had daughters named Barbara. Toby also had a son named Mark (Marc?) and a son named Warren but of course we don't know their last names. Fred had another son or two but we don't know their first names.

I looked on Melissadata and saw a Fred Einhorn related to Eleanor Einhorn, and that may be Helen's uncle and aunt - not sure. But how would I get contact information for him if that is indeed him?

Thanks in advance for any help. My mother would be excited to get in touch with her friend again, if she is still alive. She helped introduce my mom to my dad who just celebrated their 50th anniversary. Thanks!

Michele
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2009, 07:12 PM

1,063 posts, read 2,463,493 times
There is a Barbara Einhorn Malkin, living in FL. She is on facebook. There is a picture.

Old 08-03-2009, 07:56 PM

Thanks for responding. I will check it out. I am new to Facebook so I will try to contact her to see if she is Helen's cousin. I'll post what I found out. Thanks!

Old 08-04-2009, 07:37 AM

Thanks so much ecam222. That was Helen's cousin. We found out, unfortunately, that Helen passed away a couple of years ago. I appreciate your help. This is a great group. Thank you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search