Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2007, 11:32 PM

12 posts, read 33,281 times

Advertisements

on April 20 2007 my 75 yr old dad walked out of his house with a backpack and has not been heard from or seen since. He was living in Hickory Creek Texas at the time and that police department has done nothing except make jokes about this.

I had to write to the govenor and president just to get him on the missing person list. Which do not in any way flag his ss number.

The woman he was living with has continued to take all the money out of his account each month.

Any ideas from anyone would be appreciated. His name is Rufford Hobson and he goes by Hobby Hobson. He is listed with the NCIC and Texas missing persons. There is a picture posted there.

Thank you
Debb
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2007, 09:23 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,232,358 times
Notify SS and they will put a stop to the funds being withdrawn. Imo they should.

Old 10-09-2007, 09:32 AM

42 posts, read 77,644 times
Where is the money in the account coming from?? Have you informed the source of the money your father is missing?? Can you contact an attorney, and get power of attorney over your dads things, since he and the woman aren't married?? I don't know the laws in TX, But here, relatives have more rights then live ins. Just some things to check if you haven't already. So sorry, and hope this ends well for you.

Old 11-29-2007, 11:05 AM

I was told by SS that without a death certificate they can not stop his payments.

Old 11-29-2007, 11:07 AM

The woman he was living with has been more than open with the family and/or police. The AMT card has been shut down but only out of an error of her own. We still have no news on his where abouts. I pray every day that we will get some news. Not knowing is the worse. I can not afford a PI and can only sit back and let the Police try to figure this out.

Old 11-29-2007, 11:11 AM

PLEASE if anyone out there reads this and knows anything about my dad, PLEASE contact the Hickory Creek Police Department, speak with a Officer Anderson @ 940-497-3520 ext 256.

It has been 8 months now and I am beginning to think the worse. I have lived day to day Hoping for the best but preparing for the worst.

Thank you
Debb

Old 12-01-2007, 07:13 PM

143 posts, read 466,133 times
Tell the live-in that the money he gets every month needs to be used for cost associated with finding him.

Old 12-01-2007, 09:01 PM

103 posts, read 312,954 times
Have you ever ever ever run a background check on him?

Do you know he has had a past in locations such as:
CORINTH, TX
WELCOME, MD
LA PLATA, MD
WALDORF, MD
SEFFNER, FL

And I see a Nancy, whom I am assuming was his live-in.

Interesting. Heck Call ADULT Social Services, see if he fell into thier care.
I find it odd, Social Security keeps the checks coming without actual Expiration Dates if you know what I mean.

Something ain't right there,

Old 12-18-2007, 12:13 AM

143 posts, read 466,133 times
If there a missing person flier that I can down load, I would be more than will to post some fliers around here in Albuquerque, particularly at the local VA Hospital.

Old 12-18-2007, 12:25 AM

10,757 posts, read 35,426,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by darcikles View Post
Have you ever ever ever run a background check on him?

Do you know he has had a past in locations such as:
CORINTH, TX
WELCOME, MD
LA PLATA, MD
WALDORF, MD
SEFFNER, FL

And I see a Nancy, whom I am assuming was his live-in.

Interesting. Heck Call ADULT Social Services, see if he fell into thier care.
I find it odd, Social Security keeps the checks coming without actual Expiration Dates if you know what I mean.

Something ain't right there,
I think your on to something there. Adult social services is supposed to protect seniors who are in danger of being exploited. I assume this woman is misapproriating his social security money, NICE.

Is her name on the account? I think I would do what I could to at least get that account frozen. I would mention to adult social services that this woman could have done away with him for his money.

Another thing you could do is to call to the surrounding areas and ask if they have any unidentified bodies, I know thats a BAD prospect but I would get me a list of counties and a map and start calling.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search