Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-28-2009, 01:26 PM

3 posts, read 6,333 times

Advertisements

In doing family genealogy I came across a vague story concerning my grandfater, James McLeod, born Abt. 1867, possibly in Houlton, Maine.
I had always been led to believe that he was killed in a logging accident in 1910, possibly in Thornton, NH or that area. The story that I heard was that my grandfather was murdered by Franklin Herbert Haynes who subsiquently married my grandmother Eloise Mae Morse McLeod.

If anyone has ever heard anything about any of this I would certainly like the information.

I am also looking for family pictures. My father, Jenness Dale McLeod (Also known as Donald Jenness Dale McLeod) was born October 5, 1907 in Thornton, NH and died September 21, 1944 in an electrical accident in Potter Place, NH when I was five. I have very few pictures of him and absolutely no pictures of him as a child . If anyone has any, perhaps group pictures from school of something of that sort, if they would scan them and email them to me or get them copied, I will gladly pay for their time. My email is gmcleod@nec.edu.
By the way, my father and his brother Merlond were known to spell their last name as they happened to want at the time of the spelling.
Bunny
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2009, 01:46 PM

680 posts, read 2,440,233 times
You might want to post this in Yankee Magazine as well - they have a section just for people looking for info like this.

Old 10-28-2009, 03:09 PM

2,360 posts, read 5,246,180 times
City-Data also has a people search section.

Old 10-30-2009, 10:17 PM

21 posts, read 39,503 times
on ancestry I found some info on ancestry on Eloise I thought maybe you can try contacting some of her family and see what they may have heard abouth this
Enable Cookies - Ancestry.com
Enable Cookies - Ancestry.com

Old 10-30-2009, 10:43 PM

21 posts, read 39,503 times
I also just found this newspaper from the 1960's which state a Jenness D Mcleod was drafter for the war. You did not state your dad had a son named Jenness as well but this would most likely be him it lists him living in east andover nh
- Ancestry.com

Old 12-02-2009, 01:05 AM

3 posts, read 6,333 times
Thank you very much. Your help is very much appreciated and I shall follow these leads. The Jenness D. McLeod is my brother Dale. We have the same father, but different mothers.
Bunny
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search