Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2009, 12:30 AM

12 posts, read 19,823 times

Advertisements

I am looking for Raquel Bradley who gave birth to a little girl in Sandy, Utah twenty years ago on Oct. 11, 1989. The hospital was Alta View Woman's Hospital. Raquel was from Lake Tahoe, Nevada area, and before the birth, she lived in Sandy, Utah with her aunt & uncle, Doug & Elaine McFarland. Raquel was 19 years old when she gave birth, and Bradley was her maiden name. Raquel did not marry the father, and she later got married to a different man. They had at least one son named Michael. Raquel may have a gotten a divorce.

My husband and I adopted this precious little girl at birth and gave her the name of Rachel. Rachel is happy and doing well, and she would like to meet her birth parents to thank them.

I am hoping that someone who knows Raquel will read this and will be instrumental in helping our daughter meet her birth family.

We will be thankful for any help anyone can give us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2009, 04:19 PM

1,830 posts, read 5,349,571 times
This might be her.

California Birth Index, 1905-1995
Name: Raquel L Bradley
Birth Date: 26 Jun 1970
Mother's Maiden Name: Simmons
Birth County: Nevada

I didn't find a marriage or divorce in the Nevada Indexes, so she probably married in Utah. They don't have a public index.

I didn't get a hit on the birthday, but this one seems possible, although it doesn't give her age:

BRADLEYHOOVER, RAQUEL L

Associated names:

BRADLEY, RAQUEL L
BRADLEY, HOOVER RAQUEL
HOOVER, RAQUEL

lived in
SCOTTSDALE, AZ
LAS VEGAS, NV
DRAPER, UT
SANDY, UT
MIDVALE, UT

Possible Relatives:

HOOVER, RICHARD EARL (Age 58)
(this may have been her former father-in-law. He has a son Jeremy M who is Raquel's age)

Here's a possible one to try. If it's not her, we can search for the Hoovers and the McFarlands.

R Bradley
Scottsdale, AZ
(480) 626-7660

Edit: Here's a possible Classmates connection. Raquel Bradley | Incline village, NV | Classmates.com (http://www.classmates.com/directory/public/memberprofile/list.htm?regId=8696691309&s=77041 - broken link)

From another site, more relatives of Raquel L Bradley Hoover:
Vicki R Bradley
Peter R Bradley
April L Bradley
Julianne Bradley
Hoover Raquel Bradley
Bradley Bradley
James Walter Bradley
Ramsay R Bradley

Last edited by hcgCali; 11-09-2009 at 04:36 PM..

Old 11-10-2009, 01:16 AM

Thank you so much for the info! You are awesome! I've already e-mailed Raquel listed on Classmates.com. No response yet. It is possible that this is the high school because Incline Village is on Lake Tahoe. I was told she went to high school somewhere around Lake Tahoe, & she was the high school mascot. The Jeremy M. is a possibility for her husband's name. I was told his name 14 years ago, and I was stupid and didn't write it down, but Jeremy seems to click in my memory. I could be wrong though. I also remember that they lived either in S. or N. Carolina. He was in the military. He was the son of people who attended the same Lutheran church as Raquel and her relatives, Doug & Elaine McFarland in Sandy, Utah. I wasn't told where they married, but they did move east. Maybe they never got a divorce. My daughter Rachel is very excited when I told her you e-mailed me. Thank you!

Old 11-10-2009, 11:07 AM

8,954 posts, read 20,677,986 times
Have you contacted "Doug & Elaine McFarland in Sandy, Utah" to see if they know where she is?

Old 11-10-2009, 02:37 PM

Thanks for your response! I've tried to find Doug & Elaine in Sandy, Utah, but I've turned up empty handed. He was in the military - I think it was the Army. When I have the time, which is hopefully soon, I'm going to contact every person with any of their names, Raquel Bradley included, on FaceBook. Maybe I'll get lucky.

Old 11-10-2009, 02:43 PM

It seems to me, when I checked Jeremy's details it gave a North Carolina residence location as well as the ones listed with his father and Raquel. Let me look him up again.

Yep.

HOOVER, JEREMY M (Age 38)

WASHINGTON, NC
BOISE, ID
SANDY, UT
DRAPER, UT
LAS VEGAS, NV
INCLINE VILLAGE, NV

North Carolina and Incline Village. I'd say we're on a very warm trail, Hugabug.

Edit: Yes, I searched for Doug and Elaine in Utah and got nothing. No point proceeding with their search when we have all this family info available.

Old 11-10-2009, 04:51 PM

Wow, hcgCali! This is getting exciting! I don't know how you are coming up with so much info! The thing I'm confused about is that Incline Village, NV is given for a previous address of Jeremy. I was told that Raquel met Jeremy at church in Sandy, UT when he can home from being in the military. I don't know how old he was or whether he was out of the service permanently or just came home for a visit. I know Internet info sometimes isn't always correct, and maybe Raquel's previous home somehow got listed with his name. I wish I had a better memory, and I wish I had written things down. I checked with whitepages.com, and I found this Jeremy Hoover, but he wasn't connected with Raquel. There was the similar name of Rachael, but not Raquel. Did you find somewhere that Raquel was a family member? Thanks!

Old 11-10-2009, 05:34 PM

The online search sites are just computer compilations of records found on the person. Often they will contain wrong middle initials, ages and names of relatives, places. There is no human being to sort through and determine what is correct. That's where we searchers come in. My own record consistently shows me with a middle initial that is not mine, and I have never used. I know exactly where it it came from. When I switched our Auto Club account from my husband's name to mine, they left his middle initial on the record when they typed in my name. I changed it when the new card arrived, but they had already sold the information to every junk mail purveyor in the nation and to this day it comes up in all my records as an alias. Any time someone else makes an error, it can attach to your record.

So, no, I wouldn't be too concerned about Jeremy showing a NV address or Raquel being misspelled as Rachel. If I were you, I'd try the AZ phone number while waiting on an email response. Sometimes people join Classmates but lose interest after a while, so they may not have kept the email current. The fact that Raquel's record shows AZ while Jeremy's shows NC leads me to believe they are not together, but if you have his phone number by all means call and end the suspense. Even if he wasn't the husband he may have info, since he seems to be connected to the right family.

I think you're a pretty amazing mom to be doing this for your daughter.

Old 11-10-2009, 06:51 PM

I'm excited to work on this project for my daughter. My daughter & I have a very close relationship, and I totally understand that she'd like to meet her birth family. We adopted a baby boy 3 years after we adopted Rachel, and even though she came from Utah, and David came from Indiana, they look totally alike. It's hard to tell their baby pictures apart. They are a matched set! It's interesting that Raquel had her little boy 3 years after Rachel was born. So Rachel has a half brother and an adopted brother that are both the same age. It would be fun to get them all together.

I will call the Raquel in Arizona, but I don't have Jeremy's number. Do you have a way to obtain it? If you think it is a good idea for me to pay for peoplesfinders.com to give this info to me, I will. I guess I always thought that maybe these sites were frauds. Do you recommend that I just call information to obtain the number? I'll have to get in the right mood to make the calls. Who knows what I will encounter, and I don't want to say the wrong thing to mess up this opportunity for my daughter.

My daughter, Rachel, is so thankful that she was adopted, and ever since she was 18 years old she has been speaking before groups of people telling her adoption story with the hopes of promoting adoption. I think her birth mother would feel very proud and happy if she knew this. Thanks again for all of your help.

Old 11-10-2009, 08:15 PM

Most of the paysites for people searches give you the same info that we can find for free. I cannot recommend one because I've never used them, but people who have used them report that their information is often out of date just like the free phone directory sites - if you have a person that moves frequently. Some of them advertise you can get a single record for $1.99 so that may be worth a shot.

I'm searching right now for Jeremy. Nothing came up for Washington, NC so I'm searching nationwide and I'll post if if I find anything. It's good that you are sensitive about what to say. The husband/inlaws may know nothing about Rachel's birth, and that certainly could create problems if they learned of it through a stranger's phonecall. I hope you can connect with Raquel first. Maybe start off with, "I'm looking for a family member named Raquel Bradley, age XX who lived in Nevada and Utah...." so she doesn't think you are a bill collector and you can first determine she's the right person before hitting her with the "better-sit-down" news.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search