Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2009, 01:08 PM

10 posts, read 22,905 times

Advertisements

Thanks for reading this and any help you can provide.

I am looking for my half sister. She was born I am thinking 5 years or so before me, so like 1970 to 76. She is the daughter of my fathers first marriage. She was adopted by her step father and had been married at least once. I do know her birth name and birth father. She would have been born in Virginia or possibly North or South Carolina.

I have asked my father for any information that he has, but he has not been very forth coming.

Any tips on actual free searches or even help that you could provide would be appreciated.

I am thinking if I can find the divorce record of my fathers first marriage. Then I could search for my sister by her mothers name. Please any tips or tricks to help in this search would be appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2009, 09:44 PM

I am kind of sad to see that my post has been viewed 54 times and there are no suggestions or hints that anyone will offer. Please help!

Old 11-22-2009, 10:16 PM

Default Update

Possible mothers name is Susan M Glass not sure about that though

Old 11-22-2009, 10:40 PM

145 posts, read 866,672 times
I'm sorry you haven't had any success in your search yet. Perhaps if you provide the name of your shared parent, some one may be able to help.

Old 11-23-2009, 03:37 PM

1,387 posts, read 3,438,161 times
Many of us do several kinds of searches. The more you provide, the more help you will get. Your father's name, Your sisters birth name, (You provided her age range) The last place they were known to reside. And then,people will start providing possible leads of information for you to check out.

Old 12-01-2009, 05:09 AM

Fathers Name is Richard R Timm born in 47 birth name would have been Tammy Timm or some variation of that first name. I think the mothers name would have been Susan Glass. I was thinking the birth and divorce would have taken place in Virgina or the Carolinas but it looks like the Divorce may have been in California. So the Birth may have been out there too. Thanks for any help anyone.

Old 12-01-2009, 09:40 AM

1,853 posts, read 9,690,453 times
I start all of my searches with http://www.peoplefinders.com

After I find a city, I go to google and ask myself a few questions.

What County is this city in? I then look for two things in that county. Property records, and court records. Some States give all of the info for free. Others charge. Some are better at giving addresses.

Most of California charges. Ohio lists addresses for speeding tickets, and court records. Some States just give names.

Here are some key words to use during a search.
Property search
Property assessor
Tax assessor
Court records
criminal records
probate records.
magistrate court.

I recently found an old friend in Arizona. I was able to find out that she was recently married, has no speeding tickets, and saw a picture of her house out in the desert. The internet is scary.

Thanks to this site, I have just started using http:/zabasearch.com

There are mistakes in these free searches. They are not 100% reliable.

Old 12-02-2009, 02:42 PM

1,830 posts, read 5,351,853 times
What is your father's middle name and complete birthdate? Where has he lived? In what year did he divorce?

I found the CA marriage record of Susan M. Glass and Richard R. Timm but it doesn't match your story. This man was born in 1944. His middle name is Rae. They have 4 children born in California (no Tammy) from 1961 to 1970 and it appears they are still married, still live in CA. There's no Richard R. Timm in the CA Divorce Index.

Last edited by hcgCali; 12-02-2009 at 02:54 PM..

Old 12-03-2009, 11:31 AM

11 posts, read 18,725 times
Default looking for half sister

father's name paul v bridges, sister birth name linda kay bridges, born in ft. smith ark, or surrounding area, her father was stationed in a military post around ft smith ,,unsure of name...unsure of linda's mother name first or last..i don't even know if she is still alive...but i do hope so..would just love to meet her. mr bridges just passes away this past jan.09 i really want to find her

Old 12-05-2009, 05:08 AM

Hi There, I do have more info. The mothers name was Barbara Timm at the time of birth. And this all took place in either South Carolina or Virginia.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search