Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Personal Finance
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2012, 08:03 PM

643 posts, read 2,385,793 times

Advertisements

$10,000 over 18 years is roughly $46.25 a month.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2012, 07:02 AM

17,029 posts, read 30,925,220 times
You can run but you cant hide. They WILL find you.

Old 02-26-2012, 10:22 AM

10,612 posts, read 12,129,422 times
TVandSportsGuy-- How old are you?

Since I don't KNOW you I won't call you I won't call you a deadbeat and a thief, and the kind of dishonest person who costs all of us money who DO pay our bills/debt -- even when it's a hardship. But it sure seems as if you are.

Pay your frigging debts and live up to your responsibilities.(I hope you don't have any children out there you're also NOT taking responsibility for, that OTHERS are paying to support)

In the years since you accumulated this debt, you could have paid ON it, little by little, and paid it off. As is pointed out above, even at 50.00 a month EVENTUALLY you would have the debt paid off. Its just not believable and acceptable that in the interim you've not been able to pay that.

Unless you've been disabled since leaving school -- and NEVER had a job, NEVER made any money. You should have paid your debt.
Have you paid rent? Have you paid utilities? Have you bought a computer? A cell Phone? A TV? Clothes?..Not to mention a car? .Then you could have paid off YOUR FRIGGING DEBT!

On second thought maybe I will call you a deadbeat and a thief.

Old 02-26-2012, 10:30 AM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 59,016,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by selhars View Post
TVandSportsGuy-- How old are you?

Since I don't KNOW you I won't call you I won't call you a deadbeat and a thief, and the kind of dishonest person who costs all of us money who DO pay our bills/debt -- even when it's a hardship. But it sure seems as if you are.

Pay your frigging debts and live up to your responsibilities.I hope you don't have any children out there you're also NOT taking responsibility for, that OTHERS are paying to support)

IN the years since you accumulated this debt, you could have paid ON it, little by little, and paid it off.
In college I exceeded the limit on so many credit cards that I lost track so I had no choice but to move on and start over. So by starting over I was given another opportunity by AMEX and my account has been in good standing for 6 years.

Old 02-26-2012, 10:43 AM

You DID have a choice to get a job (or a second or third one) and to pay down that debt. Plenty of people in their 20's have multiple jobs to support their lifestyle. You chose to be a deadbeat and walk away from your debt.

Old 02-26-2012, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by md21722 View Post
You DID have a choice to get a job (or a second or third one) and to pay down that debt. Plenty of people in their 20's have multiple jobs to support their lifestyle. You chose to be a deadbeat and walk away from your debt.
Well you know what? They need to stop sending representatives to college campuses to trick 18 years olds into signing up for a credit card knowing they have no income.

Old 02-26-2012, 11:20 AM

9,317 posts, read 21,004,968 times
At this point, Unless you do something real dumb, and restart the SOL. The Debt has been sold off to a debt collection company, and its mostly likely behond the statute of limitations to collect. You have all ready taken the hit on your credit report. So even if you payed it, it will make no difference.

The problem is unless they will take a 20cent on the dollar for a full payoff. making small payment on it will do no good. The 29.99% rate, late fees/etc on it, you will pay forever and never pay it off.

Just read up on the SOL's in your state, and if they call don't admit anything, that would re-start the debt clock.

And yes the credit card on college campus tables are bad, that why they are not allow'ed anyore.

Old 02-26-2012, 11:30 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,647,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
In college I exceeded the limit on so many credit cards that I lost track so I had no choice but to move on and start over. So by starting over I was given another opportunity by AMEX and my account has been in good standing for 6 years.
Have you run a credit report on yourself lately? Your personal inquiry won't harm your score.

Old 02-26-2012, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyonpa View Post
At this point, Unless you do something real dumb, and restart the SOL. The Debt has been sold off to a debt collection company, and its mostly likely behond the statute of limitations to collect. You have all ready taken the hit on your credit report. So even if you payed it, it will make no difference.

The problem is unless they will take a 20cent on the dollar for a full payoff. making small payment on it will do no good. The 29.99% rate, late fees/etc on it, you will pay forever and never pay it off.

Just read up on the SOL's in your state, and if they call don't admit anything, that would re-start the debt clock.

And yes the credit card on college campus tables are bad, that why they are not allow'ed anyore.
So I'm totally not at fault because I was taken advantage of at 18 years old. Glad to hear they are not allowed on campuses anymore

Old 02-26-2012, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
Well you know what? They need to stop sending representatives to college campuses to trick 18 years olds into signing up for a credit card knowing they have no income.
What's most surprising about your attitude is that even at 36 years old you still do not accept responsibility for your actions. Blaming it on a bag of candy? Too bad your dog didn't eat your credit cards.

All you do is blame it on the banks. Why not blame yourself for spending that money in the first place knowing you could not pay it back.. and blame yourself again for not getting a job to pay off your debt?

We are the same age. The fact that banks were wiling to give credit cards to college students was a plus for many. It helped us to start building our credit so in a few years when we wanted to buy a new car or a house we had credit and would qualify. Nobody told us to run up our credit cards.

The very fact that people run up credit cards remains a mystery to me. If you can't pay the money back why spend it in the first place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Personal Finance