Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Personal Finance
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2013, 08:13 PM

384 posts, read 596,037 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadManofBethesda View Post
Yes, I believe that I can read. Let's try it together, shall we?

To wit:

Hmmm...sure sounds like tax problems to me. But then again, what do I know; I apparently have problems reading. But I think the issue can be summed up in just the one word you yourself used to describe the problem:

Yikes.
You proved that you can't read, they incorrectly refunded my money that I instructed them to roll over, about $6,000, so I am still up about $3,500.

Maybe you should read more carefully?

Reading is fundamental. Time for you to move on, you are of no value here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2013, 09:40 PM

1,794 posts, read 4,914,536 times
Cy,
Did you file for 2010, 2011 and 2012 yet?
Which tax return did you file recently and you received a refund check in the mail
from? What year was it?
If you file a tax return and have withholding on the return, and the withholding is
more than the tax due you will receive a refund.
If you did not file a PAST return, there is no balance due yet, so they will not hold
the refund.
That is why I am asking what returns you haven't filed yet.
In case you don't respond to this post, my advise to you would be DO NOT CASH
THE REFUND CHECK.
Very important.
Get your returns all filed and up to date.
You do not have the money if you haven't cashed it.
So, the date of the withholding of the excess money you have received in a refund
check will be used for the credit of other balance dues.
Do you understand?
Photocopy the front and back of that refund check also for your records before
you send it back to them.

Old 07-09-2013, 09:54 PM

11,177 posts, read 16,016,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cy_flembeck View Post
You proved that you can't read, they incorrectly refunded my money that I instructed them to roll over, about $6,000, so I am still up about $3,500.

Maybe you should read more carefully?

Reading is fundamental. Time for you to move on, you are of no value here.
Maybe you should try to remember what you posted. There is absolutely nothing in your OP about $6,000.

This is not a creative writing forum. Although you are doing quite a nice job of trolling your own thread.

Well done.

Old 07-11-2013, 07:29 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,914,057 times
Sounds like much more than just a "tax problem."

Old 07-11-2013, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oaktonite View Post
And like everyone else, I am also free to file an extension of time to file if I should come to feel like it. This is not evidence of some character flaw nor is there any judgment properly to be rendered over it.
The OP said he is late filing for SEVERAL years - which implies to me that he missed the deadline even for extensions. So this isn't simply an issue of extensions.

However, the OP is so inflammatory and hair triggered that it's hard to really understand exactly WHAT his entire tax snafu scenario is - and to be honest, I don't really care what his issue is at this point.

Old 07-11-2013, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
The OP said he is late filing for SEVERAL years - which implies to me that he missed the deadline even for extensions. So this isn't simply an issue of extensions.

However, the OP is so inflammatory and hair triggered that it's hard to really understand exactly WHAT his entire tax snafu scenario is - and to be honest, I don't really care what his issue is at this point.
Yet you still feel compelled to keep posting. You and the dude from Bethesda should start a business together.

An Update:

I spoke to the IRS, they said simply bring the check to the local office and they will credit my account.

They also said I am correct, since I don't owe money, I have three years to file and still get my refund back.

No penalty, no interest, no problem.

How is that for a tax problem?

Old 07-13-2013, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Yet you still feel compelled to keep posting. You and the dude from Bethesda should start a business together.
Sorry, I already own a profitable business and don't need another one. My days of tax refunds are long gone, and I do owe Uncle Sam a big, fat check each year, but I prefer it that way.

You just keep on doing whatever you're doing since it works so well for you, and I'll keep doing whatever I'm doing, since it works so well for me.

Old 07-13-2013, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Sorry, I already own a profitable business and don't need another one. My days of tax refunds are long gone, and I do owe Uncle Sam a big, fat check each year, but I prefer it that way.

You just keep on doing whatever you're doing since it works so well for you, and I'll keep doing whatever I'm doing, since it works so well for me.
Another Internet Millionaire who still has time to make over 7,000 posts on this site in a year. Uh huh.

Old 07-14-2013, 04:01 AM

4,097 posts, read 11,478,655 times
Just a note: You would not believe the number of people that came to me crying because they did not file a refund return within the strict 3 year requirement. The general answer, in much politer terms, was "not our problem". It did not matter why or what hardship was involved.

Amazing.

Old 07-16-2013, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Another Internet Millionaire who still has time to make over 7,000 posts on this site in a year. Uh huh.
LOL I'm not a millionaire but my husband and I are comfortable financially. In fact, I only work part time in the business we own, and by part time I mean like four hours a week. And my husband only works two weeks out of ever four.

So yeah, I have time to waste, I mean spend, on the internet. My five kids are grown now.

We put our time in and now we're enjoying the fruits of our labor, especially after working full time and then some for thirty plus years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Personal Finance