Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Personal Finance
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2020, 04:27 PM

12,835 posts, read 15,136,158 times

Advertisements

Just out of curiosity, has this happened to any of you BofA customers this week? SO went all 3 days this week so far. It said this Mon and today (Wed), but Tues was fine. If it was an emergency, he would have just gone inside to the teller, but we didn't want him exposing himself to more people than usual going in because it's no rush that he wanted to get the money out. I hope it's fine tomorrow, who knows.

He goes to the ATM quite often in general and this has never happened. We're pretty positive it's not HIS specific acct. He has sufficient funds. Monday was the first day he tried in a bit, so it's not like he had tried the previous days in a row.

We did notice that some other cars in the drive-thru ATM drove away fast once they got to the ATM as well so it probably said the message to them too.

Just curious.

Last edited by Forever Blue; 07-29-2020 at 04:44 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2020, 04:38 PM

34,205 posts, read 83,398,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Blue View Post
Just out of curiosity, has this happened to any of you BofA customers this week?
Nope. But I haven't been at an ATM since last Tuesday.
But I did get an email about MY branch being unavailable for a few days.

Old 07-29-2020, 05:49 PM

7,547 posts, read 13,739,371 times
Many reports here of BoA's ATMs have run out of cash.

https://downdetector.com/status/bank-of-america/map/

Old 07-29-2020, 09:06 PM

16,959 posts, read 17,427,011 times
I’ve recently gotten a notice that branches in my area, and all over the country were closed. They advised me to look on my app (branch locator) to see which branches/ATM were affected.

Old 07-30-2020, 12:09 AM

6,792 posts, read 5,535,447 times
Cash shortage.

First it was a coin shortage, now perhaps bill shortage.

The mint was closed down during the lockdown, and can't print money fast enough.

Plus people are holding cash at home.

Makes you wonder if they are using the pandemic to force people into a cashless society, so they can track where you spent time and money at any place.
They can claim that too for "contact control" in case you or another were exposed to the virus when a positive case spent time in the same you used your debit or credit card.

Big brother is watching you.
Just like expect to be on camera as soon as you walk out your door. ( Assuming YOU don't have cameras INSIDE your house or attached to it!)

Old 07-30-2020, 09:44 AM

Thanks a lot guys for your comments & for the link, reed303! He'll go this morning and see and then if he has to go to another location tomorrow, he might do that too.

Yeah, I've been hearing from a few people lately about cashless society that we're changing into. I wonder how soon that will take place?

Old 07-30-2020, 10:19 AM

7,547 posts, read 13,739,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Blue View Post
Thanks a lot guys for your comments & for the link, reed303! He'll go this morning and see and then if he has to go to another location tomorrow, he might do that too.

Yeah, I've been hearing from a few people lately about cashless society that we're changing into. I wonder how soon that will take place?
Not very soon I would think.

Think of all the coin-operated stuff still out there. Laundromats, snack & soda vending machines, parking meters, bus fares, etc.

Yes, I know, some are already coinless but zillions still out there.

Old 07-30-2020, 02:10 PM

6,390 posts, read 13,207,752 times
I just ditched my B of A mortgage. I was so disappointed with their customer service over last 3 months that I refi’d with someone else. I called, called and emailed for a week and not one single person answered or emailed me back. That was the final straw. Good riddance!

Old 07-30-2020, 02:54 PM

4,038 posts, read 3,704,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocafeller05 View Post
I just ditched my B of A mortgage. I was so disappointed with their customer service over last 3 months that I refi’d with someone else. I called, called and emailed for a week and not one single person answered or emailed me back. That was the final straw. Good riddance!

It would be funny if B of A bought your mortgage right back.

Old 07-30-2020, 05:34 PM

Well, SO went to his bank this morning & it worked, so so far, it worked every OTHER day (Tues & Thurs) & not Mon & Wed. He may go tomorrow morning just to see what happens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reed303 View Post
Not very soon I would think.

Think of all the coin-operated stuff still out there. Laundromats, snack & soda vending machines, parking meters, bus fares, etc.

Yes, I know, some are already coinless but zillions still out there.
True! There's TONs of machines they'd still have to convert out there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Personal Finance