Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Personal Finance
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2008, 07:41 PM

2,679 posts, read 11,735,456 times

Advertisements

I say the title in jest. Considering I never applied for the lottery, I doubt I have this great luck.

Beware of this joker.

Quote:
Goodday,

My name is Mr.Micheal Terry,I work in the Euro Lottery, I am soliciting
your assistance for a swift transfer of 4,528,000 GBP,should you be
willing to assist me in this project you will be giving me 10% of your
winnings.

Just as a brief,due to my position in the company I can make it happen
that you would be a winner of the above stated amount,naturally every
body would like to play a lottery if they are assured of winning, I am
assuring you today to be a winner,please do not take for granted this
once in a life time opportunity as we both stand to collectively gain
from this at the success of the transaction.

Should you be willing to assist me in this transaction please do
respond to my secure e-mail:files_micheal01@yahoo.it
I would be providing you with my private phone number.

Regards,

Mr.Micheal Terry
files_micheal01@yahoo.it
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2008, 07:52 PM

9,324 posts, read 26,749,371 times
I guess the Nigerians are getting more and more internet access.

Old 05-09-2008, 08:00 AM

11,431 posts, read 19,000,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by titaniummd View Post
I say the title in jest. Considering I never applied for the lottery, I doubt I have this great luck.

Beware of this joker.
I am getting the SAME here. I wonder what this is all about? maybe the "private" phone # is one of those that costs $180/minute, there's the scam.

Old 05-09-2008, 08:12 AM

10,447 posts, read 49,658,815 times
You seem like this is the first Nigerian scam letter you ever got. I get 15 per day every day.

Here are a few I received so far as I just log on: Notice what they all have in common. I call them the National Spelling Bee Champs.

CAREER OPPURYUNITY

FROM TEH DESK OF LUCHEN JOHN

ATTN: COMPANY RAPRESENTATIVE NEEDED

contactpost for ltso of money is yours

Bristh Amerincan Bamking Comissoion (BABC)

I just plucked them from my trash bin. 10 more will arrive by days end. I have fun with them sometimes. I play along using advice from this site: 'Nigerian' money scam: What happens when you reply? - Research - Breaking Business and Technology News at silicon.com

You can make believe you are falling for it and even have fake Western Union numbers so the scammers go to their bank looking for it. Some will write you threatening to call FBI because you broke the law. If half of them could leran how to spell they would be more successfull scamming people.

Some one must be falling for it because the amount of these letters that go out are into the millions acording to the FBI internet fraud div.

Old 05-09-2008, 08:16 PM

323 posts, read 2,089,667 times
You should reply with a huge SPELLCHECK in caps

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsun41 View Post
You seem like this is the first Nigerian scam letter you ever got. I get 15 per day every day.

Here are a few I received so far as I just log on: Notice what they all have in common. I call them the National Spelling Bee Champs.

CAREER OPPURYUNITY

FROM TEH DESK OF LUCHEN JOHN

ATTN: COMPANY RAPRESENTATIVE NEEDED

contactpost for ltso of money is yours

Bristh Amerincan Bamking Comissoion (BABC)

I just plucked them from my trash bin. 10 more will arrive by days end. I have fun with them sometimes. I play along using advice from this site: 'Nigerian' money scam: What happens when you reply? - Research - Breaking Business and Technology News at silicon.com

You can make believe you are falling for it and even have fake Western Union numbers so the scammers go to their bank looking for it. Some will write you threatening to call FBI because you broke the law. If half of them could leran how to spell they would be more successfull scamming people.

Some one must be falling for it because the amount of these letters that go out are into the millions acording to the FBI internet fraud div.

Old 05-09-2008, 10:02 PM

10,447 posts, read 49,658,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPNARD1 View Post
You should reply with a huge SPELLCHECK in caps
If they had half a brain they would notice the spell check button. They have never been known for being educated.

Old 05-09-2008, 10:13 PM

6 posts, read 13,583 times
L) Me too what a coincidince its fun 2 email them back & see what htey say

Old 05-09-2008, 10:19 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,466,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsun41 View Post
If they had half a brain they would notice the spell check button. They have never been known for being educated.
I guess if there are enough people that can be duped without using it, then why bother?

Old 05-10-2008, 05:42 PM

43 posts, read 110,742 times
Default Lol

I get a kick out of these BS emails too! I got one form some idiot professing to be a "secret agent" in Ghana... Hmmm guess his "secrets" out now LOL

The ones that burn my but are from these thieves claiming to be members of the US Militray ...ERRRGHH

Anyway, thanks for the laugh & whatever you do, NEVER answer one of those - Your email address will be given to every scammer in the World!

Old 05-10-2008, 06:17 PM

2,410 posts, read 6,004,878 times
I got one the other night about working from home for a company in the UK. They needed people to cash the checks of their US customers..... It actually didn't have any spelling errors in it, though I had to laugh when I read it.

I usually just empty my junk mail folder, but every once in awhile I'll open one of the scam emails just to get a good laugh.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Personal Finance