Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Personal Finance
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2022, 08:26 AM

5,069 posts, read 2,177,995 times

Advertisements

My God under President Trump we were getting huge tax refunds each year and it was great!! Now since biden took over not only are the refunds gone but now we owe money!! What the hell did he do and is there anything we can do about it?

How are people suppose to survive. tax refunds are gone as process skyrocket. How are people living? or are they? When will this stop?

Old 01-22-2022, 09:13 AM

4,225 posts, read 6,903,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert9 View Post
My God under President Trump we were getting huge tax refunds each year and it was great!! Now since biden took over not only are the refunds gone but now we owe money!! What the hell did he do and is there anything we can do about it?

How are people suppose to survive. tax refunds are gone as process skyrocket. How are people living? or are they? When will this stop?
Ugh. These broad, uninformed posts are like nails on a chalkboard. If you're asking why, then you don't actually understand your own taxes. And if you think a huge refund is great then you also don't understand taxes. And besides that, for most people, your 2021 taxes aren't really impacted by anything that Biden administration has proposed.

To me, It sounds like you may need a tax professional to help walk you through the differences between your own taxes last year compared to previous years to understand what changed.

Old 01-22-2022, 09:17 AM

106,637 posts, read 108,773,903 times
Quote:

What a useless post …could you be more vague ?

Go learn about how your taxes are calculated before you make political rants

Old 01-22-2022, 09:24 AM

4,863 posts, read 4,799,658 times
Quote:

Your tax refunds do not reflect anything but the difference between the taxes you owed and the taxes you withheld. That issue is on you. The income tax structure is the same as when Trump was President. In fact, the brackets have been increased for inflation. I am not a Biden fan, but he has so far done nothing with respect to your current income taxes.

Old 01-22-2022, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiminnm View Post
Your tax refunds do not reflect anything but the difference between the taxes you owed and the taxes you withheld. That issue is on you. The income tax structure is the same as when Trump was President. In fact, the brackets have been increased for inflation. I am not a Biden fan, but he has so far done nothing with respect to your current income taxes.
If the op took the time to learn that fact before ranting he would know why

Old 01-22-2022, 09:32 AM

Please do not reply unless you actually have an answer and can help.

Old 01-22-2022, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Don’t you understand no one can help …nothing changed in taxes …what you owe or get back is simply based on what you had withheld , what your income and deductions were and what you owe…

The percentages didn’t change unless you earned more and hit a higher bracket which existed last year just the same.

No one can reply to your personal situation

Old 01-22-2022, 09:46 AM

8,005 posts, read 7,216,461 times
Quote:
Speak to your employer about changing your withholding. You can assure yourself of getting a refund every year if that is important to you.

Old 01-22-2022, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
Don’t you understand no one can help …nothing changed in taxes …what you owe or get back is simply based on what you had withheld , what your income and deductions were and what you owe…

The percentages didn’t change unless you earned more and hit a higher bracket which existed last year just the same.

No one can reply to your personal situation
So because I made more last year I get punished! I mean we are talking a HUGE difference here. makes it seem like I was better off making less money at this point

Old 01-22-2022, 10:15 AM

2,145 posts, read 3,060,153 times
Is this your first time filing a tax return?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Personal Finance