Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Personal Finance
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-29-2024, 06:40 AM

2,319 posts, read 2,169,630 times

Advertisements

I received a letter (with promotional code for new account) and I submitted online application for new bank account (there is sign up bonus) on March 15, yes, I just checked text message code verification during application, it is march 15.

On March 28 late night I just receive the email that my bank accounts have been approved and ask me to fund the accounts. I almost forgot it.

When I tried to set up my online account, it shows error message that the information does not match their record. It cannot be wrong(only phone number/SSN/DOB), I have double checked.

There are only two reasons for me to open bank accounts with PenFed: 1) new bank account sign up bonus; 2) I may want 5% credit card on gas in the future.

What happen if I don't fund my new accounts? I don't really want to open accounts with them now, I feel it is quite manual application process, which takes almost two weeks. I doubt if I can get new bank account sign up bonus, I don't feel confident about the system, they probably messed up promotional code too. However, the system already shows the information does not match their record anyway, can I forget about the new accounts and not fund new account? I cannot set up online account and fund my account anyway.

I don't want to deal with the bank, with such slow application process, but I am concerned about the already opened accounts with zero balance. And I can not set up online account to close them now, the system keeps showing "the information does not match their record".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2024, 08:46 AM

24,476 posts, read 10,804,014 times
Call customer service.

Old 03-29-2024, 08:59 AM

503 posts, read 258,405 times
Like [ Threestep2 ] said.

I have been banking with PFCU/Penfed for 54 years and must say that while their website has some glitches, their customer service by phone is first rate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Personal Finance