Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Personal Finance
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2009, 04:54 PM

2 posts, read 34,183 times

Advertisements

Awhhhh im soo upset.... I was waiting for my refund ck to be direct deposited into my bank acct this wk and was just told it could take up to 11 wks before i get my refund that will be mailed to me and thats if nothing else goes wrong!! Like it getting lost in the mail!!...i filed joint, my husband owes about 1,500 for bk child support and he was injured for about 6 months.....[/quote]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2009, 04:54 AM

3 posts, read 59,792 times
I actually have good news with my situation. I filed electronic on 1/23, mailed injured spouse form on 1/24 and got my check Friday, 2/27. The check did go to the tax preparer since they had to take out their fees. I did call the IRS 3 or 4 times to see what the progress of processing the IJF was and they suprised me last week and said it would be here Friday. good luck! oh, and also I was told 8 weeks one time, 11 wks one time, so you cant go by what they tell you everytime. everybody that I talked to had a different answer.

Old 03-06-2009, 07:40 AM

7 posts, read 86,385 times
That's good news scarroll

Just curious, if you don't mind me asking...you said earlier that all the income reported was yours, did you get 100% of the refund amount back?

Old 03-10-2009, 07:12 AM

3 posts, read 30,335 times
I filed electronically on Jan 27 with the injured spouse. On Feb 23 we got a letter our refund amount would be more since we married last year. To the person who got theirs already: did they have to do the recovery change for you? Does anyone want to stay in contact with me to see who gets their refund first? My income is the only one from 2008 too. I hope my post isn't too crazy. Trying to do it from my phone. lol

Old 03-17-2009, 05:06 AM

3 posts, read 59,792 times
Yes, I got 100% of the refund back since all the income was mine. The funny thing is, I got my check then a week or so later got the letter from the IRS saying that I would be getting my refund. and the last time I checked, my status on "where is my refund" still shows that they had to make a change to my return(which I assume is the injured spouse form) and doesnt show anything about my refund going out. So, the IRS is a little behind on their website. Hope that helps!

Old 03-23-2009, 08:31 AM

7 posts, read 86,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarroll View Post
Yes, I got 100% of the refund back since all the income was mine. The funny thing is, I got my check then a week or so later got the letter from the IRS saying that I would be getting my refund. and the last time I checked, my status on "where is my refund" still shows that they had to make a change to my return(which I assume is the injured spouse form) and doesnt show anything about my refund going out. So, the IRS is a little behind on their website. Hope that helps!

When you originally filed did you ask to have it direct deposited or did you request a check? I'm asking because I wanted to know if both you and your husband are listed on the check or just you. My husband isn't on my bank account (by his request)...so if I get a check from them I'm wondering how much hassle it will be to deposit it at the bank.

And congrats on getting your back so quickly! I'm still waiting for word on ours I keep checking the irs.gov site for "wheres my refund" but it continues to say the same thing. Thanks for the update!

Old 03-30-2009, 12:04 PM

1 posts, read 25,345 times
Do renters have to pay school taxes?? I was told the property owner is responsible for this.

Old 03-30-2009, 10:23 PM

9,933 posts, read 23,186,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfwest View Post
Do renters have to pay school taxes?? I was told the property owner is responsible for this.

Tenants are NOT responsible for school taxes - they don't own the property; it's the property that get's taxed and billed to the property owner...

Old 04-01-2009, 09:09 AM

1 posts, read 25,312 times
Angry good luck

all i can say is good freakin luck. i filed the same form and mailed it in on january 22 2009 and am STILL waiting. i call the IRS weekly--the number is 18008291040--and press 00000 as soon as the automated system comes on and it will send you to a live person. They told me two weeks ago that my taxes (which were ALL based on my income) were completed on 3/04/09 and my check would be mailed 03/18/09. then I called when it didn't come and was told that there was an "internal error" with the routing of my check number or some crap and it would be an additional 1-2 weeks. i'm supposed to call back April 03. I have had to put off bills, dr. appts, buying the kids' shoes, etc. all because they won't send me the money I am owed. If I owed the IRS money, they would be demanding interest by now. Maybe I should too. Oh, and it can take 14 weeks.

Old 03-11-2013, 06:23 PM

1 posts, read 21,580 times
I filed a injured spouse due to husband not paying school.loans. They took everything. Will I get my share back since I worked mostly?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Personal Finance