Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Personal Finance
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2010, 04:47 PM

354 posts, read 747,958 times

Advertisements

i am in IL. i e-filed last 3/14. accepted 3/15. my IL refund was direct deposited today. but my federal which is my biggest refund in my tax refund history has not yet come. last year, they BOTH were direct deposited at the same time. but when i check the irs site it said my refund will come by the end of the month... well hopefully, coz i NEED the money. i am jobless for a year now. give me back my money IL. i know one refund takes longer to receive, it is the federal right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2010, 06:13 PM

1,802 posts, read 8,140,960 times
It depends on the state. In Maryland if you e-file and opt for direct deposit you will usually receive your refund in 48 hours. The federal refund may take up to 10 days or more.

However some states are delaying refunds because of budget problems.

Cash-Strapped States Delay Tax Refunds; NY Says It's an Option - AOL News

The information on the IRS site is usually pretty accurate. And if the return was accepted on 3/15 then the refund will probably be deposited around 3/26.

Old 03-26-2010, 11:46 AM

i got my fed refund!!! woot!!! i was checking almost everyday since i posted my OP and yesterday when i checked, accdg to irs site, i will have my refund today. checked my bank and YES! i got my refund. woot.

since my refund is checked on my list. i know it is off topic but, the obamacare has been approved right? from what i know, it is gonna be added auto deduction to our paycheck right? my question is... how does it work? are u gonna be given a card? a policy number? does it cover everything? min payment? co pay? what? i ask here coz posters here explain better than the news.

Old 03-26-2010, 12:43 PM

1,492 posts, read 7,693,426 times
Do yourselves a favor-

change your W-4s so you won't be loaning the Fed's money...and then wait around every spring for them to pay you back.

Keep the money in your pocket throughout the year.

Old 03-26-2010, 06:53 PM

9,846 posts, read 22,580,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasGrace View Post
Do yourselves a favor-

change your W-4s so you won't be loaning the Fed's money...and then wait around every spring for them to pay you back.

Keep the money in your pocket throughout the year.
It's always hilarious to me when I see all these people dancing around when they get a tax refund as though they won the lottery.

It's actually your money, yes your money, that you overpaid and now the government is giving it back to you, essentially having an interest free loan from you for up to a year.

And if people think of a refund as a vehicle to save money, then they need to retake 4th grade math and talk to a bank officer at their local bank to help them out.

Old 03-26-2010, 07:28 PM

48,505 posts, read 96,489,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by baket View Post
i got my fed refund!!! woot!!! i was checking almost everyday since i posted my OP and yesterday when i checked, accdg to irs site, i will have my refund today. checked my bank and YES! i got my refund. woot.

since my refund is checked on my list. i know it is off topic but, the obamacare has been approved right? from what i know, it is gonna be added auto deduction to our paycheck right? my question is... how does it work? are u gonna be given a card? a policy number? does it cover everything? min payment? co pay? what? i ask here coz posters here explain better than the news.
You do ned to reduse your payroll dedcution ;no need of loaning that money for free. In 2014 their will be a poolo for you to shop for a health policy. It depends on income if you get help payig but their will be premiums;co=pays and deductables.I would alos save because its likely that providers will want co-pay and deductables up front for anything like a operation that is not a emergency. That is because the same people now that don't pay will not pay those then and they will take no chances not collecting them IMO.Bascailly you will chose a insurer from a pool much like choosing a drug insurer like in part D medicare prescription drugs.

Old 03-27-2010, 12:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
It's actually your money, yes your money, that you overpaid and now the government is giving it back to you, essentially having an interest free loan from you for up to a year.
i actually know it is my money. i also actually know, my refund is not even half of the total they forcibly took away from me. i am happy coz i need MY money back, having been jobless since May last year. like they took away say 2k and ONLY give me back 500, how is that freaking fair?

Old 03-27-2010, 10:34 AM

1,084 posts, read 3,274,686 times
Quote:
i actually know it is my money. i also actually know, my refund is not even half of the total they forcibly took away from me. i am happy coz i need MY money back, having been jobless since May last year. like they took away say 2k and ONLY give me back 500, how is that freaking fair?
because everyone pays an income tax. Why should you be exempt?

Old 03-29-2010, 09:32 PM

16,349 posts, read 30,056,253 times
Quote:
i am in IL. i e-filed last 3/14. accepted 3/15. my IL refund was direct deposited today. but my federal which is my biggest refund in my tax refund history has not yet come. last year, they BOTH were direct deposited at the same time. but when i check the irs site it said my refund will come by the end of the month... well hopefully, coz i NEED the money. i am jobless for a year now. give me back my money IL. i know one refund takes longer to receive, it is the federal right?
I filed my returns electronically with TaxAct on March 14th. Received my federal refund on March 18th and my Illinois refund on March 19th. Unbelievable.

Old 03-29-2010, 09:48 PM

i used taxact too! last year i had both my refund at the same time. i already got both my refund. maybe the fed refund was delayed coz it is above 1k? but i got kinda scared.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Personal Finance