Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2012, 02:58 PM

30 posts, read 48,152 times

Advertisements

We're moving to Florida and we will be bringing our 4 cats with us. We plan on stopping 2 nights at a Red Roof Inn or a Motel 6.Their pet policy say one pet but I can't imagine that to be the case. Has anyone ever stayed at a pet friendly motel and have 4 pets or more that one. We don't want to violate any rules but we would be in the room about 12 hours and then be hitting the road early in the a.m. We have to get them there and this is the only way to get them there. Any suggestions or ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thank You
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2012, 03:09 PM

1,072 posts, read 2,973,339 times
I've never with more than one, but I imagine doing so with cats is easier than dogs. I would leave the do not disturb sign up the whole time so that no one comes in. Otherwise just don't be obvious about it and I imagine you will be fine.

Last edited by beth98; 07-02-2012 at 03:34 PM..

Old 07-02-2012, 03:30 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,824,181 times
I moved across the country 11 yrs ago with 2 dogs and 3 Cats. I never told them I had anything with me but I used Motel 6. They don't seem to care as long as the animals aren't noisy.

Last edited by SouthernBelleInUtah; 07-03-2012 at 08:41 AM..

Old 07-02-2012, 09:19 PM

943 posts, read 1,844,835 times
i stay at pet friendly hotels but with one cat and I STILL call to make sure what the rules are. I would talk to the manager or assit. manager to find out clearly what their policy. I stay at the ritz carlton not all of them take pets an each one has different rules that do. so play it safe. You may have to board them when you get to your designated area for stop overs.

Old 07-03-2012, 03:52 AM

5,346 posts, read 9,855,326 times
I moved to another state traveling by myself with three dogs and three small children.

My advice is to have a crate or carrier for each cat, and look for a motel where you can park by the door to your room. If you can walk directly to your room from your car with each cat in a carrier it shouldn't be a problem. That is much easier than having to walk through the hotel hallways, past the front desk, on the elevator, etc. where other guests would notice and have the opportunity to complain

Be careful with the cats in the hotel room. Even calm cats can get freaked out when in a strange place, and could easily run out the door. I would hang the Do Not Disturb sign and also crate them before opening the door.

Old 07-03-2012, 06:34 AM

11,276 posts, read 19,573,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by missik999 View Post
I moved to another state traveling by myself with three dogs and three small children.

My advice is to have a crate or carrier for each cat, and look for a motel where you can park by the door to your room. If you can walk directly to your room from your car with each cat in a carrier it shouldn't be a problem. That is much easier than having to walk through the hotel hallways, past the front desk, on the elevator, etc. where other guests would notice and have the opportunity to complain

Be careful with the cats in the hotel room. Even calm cats can get freaked out when in a strange place, and could easily run out the door. I would hang the Do Not Disturb sign and also crate them before opening the door.

Old 07-03-2012, 06:39 AM

35,095 posts, read 51,236,769 times
Always check with the actual hotel manager in regards to something like this. They are the ones who will be able to guide you in the proper direction of what needs to be done. We generally stay in a Hampton Inn with our animals if we have to stay in a motel and they have no pet deposit and we have one dog who is 65 pounds and one cat who is not 65 pounds. Both of our animals are very quiet though and the dog does not bark and the cat is quite amused by the bathroom for whatever reason only known by her. Be specific with your details as well like you were here with the date, time of arrival, time of departure, etc.

Old 07-03-2012, 06:40 AM

5,346 posts, read 9,855,326 times
I also think that cats, even four of them, would cause much less disruption than children, teenagers or rowdy adults. I travel often for work and spend many nights in hotels. I can't think of one time that I have ever been bothered by cats or dogs.

Old 07-04-2012, 09:15 AM

9,352 posts, read 20,029,210 times
Drury Inns are pet friendly, as well......

Old 07-04-2012, 12:13 PM

30 posts, read 48,152 times
Thanks to all for all the good tips. We're most likely going to stay at the Red Roof Inn as they have easy access to the rooms.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets