Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2007, 06:16 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,857,809 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfeyes View Post
How do you know David Huckabee isn't a good willed man just because of something that happened 9 years ago? Unless you were there you really have no idea why he shot this dog, and it doesn't necessarily mean that Huckabee was being a bad father. Are you saying you never did anything wrong when you was a child? And if you did something wrong does this mean your parents are horrible people now? So we should judge your parents and say they are bad people because of something you might have done when you were younger. If David Huckabee was a bad kid growing up always in trouble in and out of jail all the time and then murder someone that would be cause for saying his father was a bad person and they should have instilled better values in their child! Then you would maybe think twice for voting for him because who would want a president who can't instill good values in thier children and letalone run a country. But this isn't the case.
he did not shoot a dog, he caught, tortured, threw stones, and slit the throat of a stray dog. he has an evil sadistic streak that must have come from somewhere! the apple does not usually fall far from the tree. i know most parents on here do not have children that are sadistic like that. there is a difference between staying out after curfew, drinking underage at a party, etc., and this! he was a bad kid and you do not see it! our society needs to be protected from people like this, not have them in the white house!!!

Old 12-22-2007, 08:16 AM

836 posts, read 3,370,917 times
OK if you say so.. I didn't see anywhere that it showed this is what he did to this dog..but I still don't see how this reflects on his father..doesn't make his father a bad person..Specially since David was at a BOY SCOUT CAMP.. in which the leaders are at fault for letting whatever it was that happen NOT the parents! Besides it is no different than what the Clinton's have done in the past, shoot Bill Clinton was IMPEACHED.. and people still like Hillary., or look at Barack Obama he use to be a Junkie. Pothead...This makes him a bad person to be a president too I guess., I guess his parents didn't instill any good values in him either so he is one you should think about either..or Mitt Romney did this (Mitt Romney put Seamus, the family's hulking Irish setter, in a dog carrier and attached it to the station wagon's roof rack. He'd built a windshield for the carrier, to make the ride more comfortable for the dog.) shoot I guess we shouldn't like him either..and mitt did this himself not his son...Giuliani, Rudy who cheated on his wife in the past.. guess this doesn't make him presidential material either..And don't forget Richardson, Bill he isn't even a real US American, he is a Mexican! he is all for Illegals in this country he is the one you should think about NOT voting for! Not Huckabee just because of something his son did.. Think about whats good for this country not what you don't like about their past.. just because Huckabee's son did something in the past doesn't mean anything.. and if you feel this way about someones past then maybe you shouldn't even vote! Because they all have a past whether it be good or bad.. even OUR wonderful sorry president today has a past and look at what he has done to our country and people still voted for his sorry butt. I mean really do you judge your friends because of their past cause if you do then I guess you don't have many friends.. You can like who you like but don't judge them because of their past because they could be the right person for the job.

Old 12-22-2007, 08:31 AM

9,367 posts, read 25,136,261 times
Torturing an animal goes beyond youthful indiscretion or lying about an affair, IMO.

Old 12-22-2007, 09:06 AM

that is does.. if your the one that did it.. were talking about the son here that did this not the father..

Old 12-22-2007, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by junkman18 View Post
Their are allot of very good moms and dads that do their very best but kids still grow up bad. It Happens. Don' put your blame of his dad. And it does not matter. Do you blame Michael Vicks mother and father for what he did to the pit bulls???
i certainly do. (although i don't know if michael vick had a father). unless you have a brain tumor or something, if you teach your children to be kind and considerate of all life you will not have kids who turn out like michael vick or the huckabee kid. they are predators and society deserves protection from predators. there are more decent people out there than vick /huckabee kid types.

Old 12-22-2007, 10:17 AM

2,917 posts, read 4,751,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
(although i don't know if michael vick had a father)
He's a clone, then, huh?

Old 12-22-2007, 11:37 AM

1,211 posts, read 1,483,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
i certainly do. (although i don't know if michael vick had a father). unless you have a brain tumor or something, if you teach your children to be kind and considerate of all life you will not have kids who turn out like michael vick or the huckabee kid. they are predators and society deserves protection from predators. there are more decent people out there than vick /huckabee kid types.
It has NOTHING to do with their parents

Old 12-22-2007, 01:16 PM

7,138 posts, read 14,595,365 times
This is more of a psychological issue, which raises also genetic questions. Any child who exhibits cruelty toward animals is maladjusted and warrants immediate help, as it can portend criminal issues in the future. It is nothing to be taken lightly.

Old 12-22-2007, 04:24 PM

Oh my goodness...So Your saying due to this one time incident that people should hate Huckabee and not vote for him because of his son's past?
IF David did this over and over, In other words if the boy would have done this all the time just going out and killing dogs for no reason then.. It would be more understandable in what your saying..,However this was a one time incident that he was punished for. And once again this happened 9YEARS AGO! Not like it was something recent. I haven't seen anything else about him that would say he is a hardened criminal.. not even the fact that he carried a handgun into the airport.

And as for Michael Vick that is a totally different story..(by floridasandy-
although i don't know if Michael vick had a father) Here this will help.. Now you know he had a father..(Vick was the second of four children (including older sister Christina ("Niki") and younger siblings Marcus and Courtney) born in Newport News, Virginia, to Brenda Vick and Michael Boddie, then unmarried teenagers of modest finances.[11] His mother worked two jobs, obtained some public financial assistance, and had help from her parents, while his father worked long hours in the shipyards as a sandblaster and spray-painter.[12] They were married when Michael was about five years old but the children elected to continue to use their "Vick" surname. Also to add...During the early years of his family, Michael Boddie's employment required a lot of travel, but he taught football skills to his two sons at an early age.)....Michael grew up playing football almost all through his school age years.. so he wasn't a bad kid. More than likely he found out over the past few years that Dog fighting will bring in lots of money and this is why he did it.. This the real reasons why people have dog fighting rings... IS THE MONEY! I don't think what he did was right by any means.. but this just goes to prove that he grew up a descent kid and turned out to be a cruel adult.. Money and Fame took over his life. His punishment should have been more harsh but due to our wonderful screwed up system it wasn't. AND because he done this in his ADULT years bye no means does this make his parents bad people.. because they did all they could to raise him right and if he turned out bad being an adult it isn't thier fault!

Last edited by wolfeyes; 12-22-2007 at 04:43 PM..

Old 12-23-2007, 03:53 AM

if the father is not responsible for a minor child's behavior, then who is? (in huckabee's case), especially for a man touting family values. that is not a normal family by any means. in michael vick's case, he was cruel and there are a lot of ways to make money in this country that do not involve sadism. for god's sake, he was making enough money as an athlete. he was just a bad person and would have turned out badly no matter what he did. there are no excuses.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets