Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2020, 06:25 PM
Status: "A solution in search of a problem" (set 12 days ago)

34,440 posts, read 16,527,546 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonwoodsmoke View Post
Don't encourage him.
Don't encourage who?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2020, 09:25 PM

10,000 posts, read 8,501,172 times
Sometimes when me and my cat are on the sofa watching TV he puts his arm around me. One time on my birthday, he put a cricket in my shoe.

Old 06-10-2020, 01:54 PM

9,212 posts, read 10,973,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aliasfinn View Post
Sometimes when me and my cat are on the sofa watching TV he puts his arm around me. One time on my birthday, he put a cricket in my shoe.
By Jiminy, that is a very generous act!

Old 06-10-2020, 01:58 PM

2,911 posts, read 2,013,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
Aren't they bred as attack dogs? Don't they use tennis balls for practice bites?

Old 07-03-2020, 11:37 AM

1 posts, read 329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aliasfinn View Post
Dude, cats are our best friends

Old 07-07-2020, 08:13 PM

See Science Proves a Harsh Truth About Very Good Dogs, Don't worry, though. They're still good dogs.

Old 07-08-2020, 12:34 AM

6,895 posts, read 5,795,980 times
Dogs are pretty amazing cross-species communicators, when you think about it. They're able to make facial expressions and gestures that are understood even by humans who aren't familiar with canines, and clever dogs can understand quite a few words, with the very cleverest even learning to understand combinations of words. And that's all without them being extraordinarily intelligent, as far as animal species go. It's really a testament to how neatly they've co-evolved with us and how closely they study us.

I'm not really interested in dissecting the question of "what is love," but it's clear that dogs enjoy being with their people, form special bonds with particular humans, and are concerned with their people's well-being and happiness. Sounds enough like love to me.

Old 07-08-2020, 09:23 AM

15,199 posts, read 10,167,202 times
If you ever doubt animals love us watch Hatchi - A Dog's Tale. It was a movie with Richard Gere based on a true story. Hatchi was found as a puppy by Richard Gere's character. Hatchi adored his owner. He used to wait at the train station for owner to come home. Owner died at work and naturally Hatchi didn't know the owner had died. Hatchi waited at the train station for owner for years, refusing to even live at owner's daughter house.

Saddest movie I ever saw. Hatchi truly loved his owner.

Old 07-08-2020, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostnip View Post
Dogs are pretty amazing cross-species communicators, when you think about it. They're able to make facial expressions and gestures that are understood even by humans who aren't familiar with canines, and clever dogs can understand quite a few words, with the very cleverest even learning to understand combinations of words. And that's all without them being extraordinarily intelligent, as far as animal species go. It's really a testament to how neatly they've co-evolved with us and how closely they study us.
I never had a dog as a child, until my mother, after my father's death, started dating my soon-to-be stepfather when I was almost 16. I moved into his house after they married, when I was 17. He had a poodle about the size of a German Shepherd.

I could not readily ignore his numerous, obviously non-verbal requests to be petted. I pretended not to understand it, but the dog and I both laughed at the outcome of the game.

Old 07-10-2020, 10:23 AM

5,573 posts, read 3,321,307 times
To answer the question, yes they do. Deeply.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets