Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2008, 08:07 PM

812 posts, read 2,300,700 times

Advertisements

One more, forgot,

My girl, I named Prinny short for Princess since Princess is a common name. I wanted something unique, but I also call her Cessie pronounced Sessy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2008, 09:44 PM

9,618 posts, read 27,230,268 times
My dog's name is Bear, but I call her Jackson ( have no idea why) and when she's sitting there looking clueless I call her Density Dog.

Old 06-25-2008, 11:46 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,328,272 times
In honor of George Carlins life and comedy, I have started labeling my pets each with a different of the 7 words you can't say on TV.
I can tell you for sure that ALL of these words would be struck out by the program so I will refrain from telling you which names I called which pets, you get the general idea.

WELL, I can't resist.
My little Henry is the one whose intials are MF
My Salem is CS
Thats as far as I got before I started laughing hysterically

Old 06-27-2008, 04:37 AM

1,956 posts, read 3,615,896 times
I have a cat named Willow. Sometimes we call her Willowmeena, and sometimes Willow the Pillow, since she likes to sleep on the back of the couch where you would rest your head.

Old 06-27-2008, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesster View Post
I have a cat named Willow. Sometimes we call her Willowmeena, and sometimes Willow the Pillow, since she likes to sleep on the back of the couch where you would rest your head.
I've done the same thing with my Willow, I have some kind of issue with rhyming their names. I finally realized Willowmeena sounded good.

My Willow, who is sort of shy.

Old 06-27-2008, 11:21 AM

138 posts, read 367,988 times
My 9 yr old lab name is Molly. I sometimes call her Baby... She is my canine baby...

Old 06-27-2008, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acevaz View Post
My 9 yr old lab name is Molly. I sometimes call her Baby... She is my canine baby...
I used to have a friend with a dog named Molly, I used to sing her the old Chubby Checker song, "Good Golly Miss Molly" when I would see her and she would get so excited.

Old 06-27-2008, 12:48 PM

702 posts, read 2,514,895 times
Our dog's nick name is "Woobie" or "The Woobie" or "WOOOOOOOOOBBBBBBEEEEEEEE" or "Ganny" or "Ganny Girl". Who know's why, it just started and stuck.

Old 06-27-2008, 12:53 PM

1,118 posts, read 4,744,089 times
Some of these are so funny, and some are sad - my condolences to those whose precious pets have died. Our Golden Retriever, Murphy died 1-1/2 years ago and we still miss her.

I'd often sing "She's A Lady.." to her because as I'd pet her head, she stick out her chin and burp. NOT very lady-like.

We now have a little Havanese named Linus, who my husband insists on calling either "Mr. Perfect" or "Mon-sewour" - as in a very bad pronunciation of the French "Monsieur." I generally call him "little bear." (The dog, not my husband.)

Old 06-27-2008, 12:54 PM

4,596 posts, read 11,414,280 times
Default Do we have nicknames for our pets?

But, of course! Me, probably more than my husband; however, our daughter gives them all nicknames, too.

Let's see: the JRT is officially named "Cosmos," but his formal name is Cosmos Cosmo Politan. The syllables also get dragged out for about a good two minutes. At 17, he has become Old Man. Since his youth, he likes to bare his teeth in an effort to intimidate everybody, so we also call him Alien or Cujo. When he does it, I just laugh and ask him if he doesn't feel a bit silly, so I also call him Silly Goose.

The Weimaraner's name is Max, or Max with Two Xs, as my husband likes to tell people -- Maxx. I call him Max Maxwell Maximillian (anybody sense a pattern here?). My favorite nickname for him is Bang Bang, from the Beatles' song Maxwell's Silver Hammer. He likes to dance with me if I sing the song to him -- I guess it's the silly excitement in my voice, but I think we could actually teach this dog to dance, you know. Because he is a tad neurotic -- I mean, I would be too if someone left me tied to a tree -- my sister calls him Numb Nuts, which cracks me up.

Our favorite pets to treat to nicknames have to be the cats we've had. My husband calls them all Migraine. My daughter and I laughed one day when we realized we were still calling the big, orange male tabby Baby Tiger. In his own cat world, he had to be one mean MF, akin to Johnny Cash's boy named Sue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets