Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2008, 09:06 AM

10,757 posts, read 35,433,231 times

Advertisements

My pets all have proper names. Some of them had them when they came to me, some I have given them. These are the proper names you give the Vet for their records, the ones you share with a friend who stops by.

BUT then there are the names, sometimes naughty, sometimes nice that you shout at the beast when they are misbehaving or sometimes just when your having fun.

Share your pets nicknames.

Some of my nicknames are just because they rhyme.
I have a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel that came to me when she was 3 years old, she is black and tan and she was named Cinders. Her nickname of course is Cinder Sue, I have become racial at times with my pets, I also call her my "Little Black Dog". Cinders used to have a racially mixed relationship with my big fat white cat, Basil, they were deeply and truly love. Sometimes we all just wished they would get a room.

I used to have these three cats, one was a black alley cat named Nigel, a FAT white cat with blue eyes named Basil and a pure bred British Shorthair named Tootles (he came with that name). I used to call them my Chocolate Cake for Nigel, my Angel Food Cake for Basil and my Fudge Ripple Cake for Tootles.

I now have a black alley cat named Salem, a smaller white cat with blue eyes named Tumnus, a black and white Tuxedo named Lacey and a grey and white Tuxedo named Willow. Salem gets called Farticus because he can fart rather impressively. Tumnus is my Baby Man because he is so small. I also take extra care and time with him because he is so small. Lacey and Willow haven't been with me long, they came with their own nicknames, Lacey Lucinda because she acts rather grand and Willow is Pu$$y Willow like the plant. Her fur is just like the grey fur on the plant of pu$$y willow.

Lacey is also my Night Stalker, she comes to me while I am asleep and lays on me, purring like a wildwoman. She also pushes her head under my hand. Lacey and Willow were wild cats that were taken in by a friends Mother, they are still a little wild. Since she is black and white and rude from time to time, I call her "Cow".

Willow is still so shy that when you pick her up she rolls up in a ball. Thats when I call her my little Doodle Bug. She reminds of what are actually Sow Bugs in Texas but we called them Doodle Bugs, she is even a similar color.

Sometimes my little white cat gets called other names. Because he is deaf he doesn't hear the other cats growling at him. He gets right up in their face, reaches out a paw slowly to them in the sweetest way. He doesn't back down, I think because he doesn't understand they are upset, the others mistake this for agression. Thats when I call him the Demon Seed. He is a very small cat and when he jumps its almost like he can fly, so sometimes I call him my Little Fairy. I even made up a story that he is really a fairy from the bottom of the garden only his wings are invisible. Annoys my daughter NO END.

Last edited by Lindsey_Mcfarren; 05-29-2008 at 10:06 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2008, 12:18 PM

2,976 posts, read 13,372,728 times
Oh gosh - here it goes. My Whippet's name is Mickey but I call him "little noodle" - no earthly idea why. I have nicknamed all my pets and the names come from absolutely no-where and yet, they all fit the character. Love my Whippet.

Old 05-29-2008, 07:49 PM

405 posts, read 1,375,173 times
I have 3 whippets, Rock we call him Rockstar, Dylan we call him D-Mo, and Riddle we call her Ri-Dell or girly girl.

Old 05-29-2008, 08:43 PM

8,583 posts, read 16,009,126 times
My family laughs at me because when our dog and cat are at the door to greet us or begging for food I say "hey kids, what are you guys up to!"

Old 05-29-2008, 09:07 PM

3,412 posts, read 10,170,015 times
My female GSD, Roxy nicknames:
Missy, Bunny, Rocket Hound, Boo-boo, Rocky, Big Kahuna

My male GSD, Sabre nicknames:
Butt Head, Goof Ball, Trooper, Big Boy, and few others that just get created spontaneously.

Old 05-29-2008, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShepsMom View Post
My female GSD, Roxy nicknames:
Missy, Bunny, Rocket Hound, Boo-boo, Rocky, Big Kahuna

My male GSD, Sabre nicknames:
Butt Head, Goof Ball, Trooper, Big Boy, and few others that just get created spontaneously.
LOL, I've used Butt Head before, how funny.

Old 05-30-2008, 12:25 AM

426 posts, read 1,570,564 times
My dog Sienna, is "Chica" or "Girly" nothing too creative there.

When I was in high school, we had a GSD puppy who's proper name was Indiana but we called him Indy & Indy500 but mostly "Doof" LOL. He had huge, clumsy, adorable puppy paws, and it fit him.

As for the politically incorrect, my black cat Loki was nicknamed "Bubba" by my mom.

Old 05-30-2008, 12:48 AM

8,200 posts, read 35,453,643 times
Casey:

Pup-Pup
Devil Dog
Little Evil
Caseyface

Dubh*: *pronounced "Dove"

Dubhdog
Dubhilicious

......and we call the cat "kittenhead"

Old 05-30-2008, 04:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by misfitz View Post
My dog Sienna, is "Chica" or "Girly" nothing too creative there.

When I was in high school, we had a GSD puppy who's proper name was Indiana but we called him Indy & Indy500 but mostly "Doof" LOL. He had huge, clumsy, adorable puppy paws, and it fit him.

As for the politically incorrect, my black cat Loki was nicknamed "Bubba" by my mom.
My sister used to have a black lab named Mr. Bojangles, he was a darling boy, loved to swim more then anything in life. They called him Bo for short of course.

Old 05-30-2008, 05:02 AM

1,738 posts, read 8,275,611 times
codys name is Cody-roo

niknames are ...rooooey,codine(when he's hyper), codester,oggie,butthead,sweetie,baby boy,roooster,and code. Most often used are roooey and Code. ohhh and sometimes mr. kangaROO(thats where the "Roo" comes from)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets