Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2010, 10:18 AM

8,039 posts, read 4,512,376 times

Advertisements

I have a rabbit. I would not give a rabbit celery they will not digest it well and may choke on the strings. Rabbits mostly do well with dark green leafy veggies like kale, spinich, romane lettuce things like that. Also carrots, cabbage, and some fruits like apples, dried apricots.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2010, 06:03 PM

5,644 posts, read 6,204,196 times
For those rabbit owners who have not already discovered the wonderful resources available from the House Rabbit Society I encourage you to check out their site. It has a suggested list of veggies and fruits and tells you which you should give only in moderation. Here's the link: FAQ: Diet

Old 12-08-2010, 06:31 PM

And my furry companions....

Attila

Salad anyone? (Sadie, Houdini, Attila and Baxter)

Dervish

Dervish putting Sadie and BAxter in their place (I know I've posted this elsewhere but it's still a fave!!)

Old 12-09-2010, 11:53 AM

4,537 posts, read 12,396,319 times
Thanks folks for answering my question!

Looking at the web site, it looks like the celery would be ok - particularly if I'm including the celery tops with leaves.

Old 12-09-2010, 02:44 PM

8,039 posts, read 4,512,376 times
oops then I was wrong. Ok 10 lashes with a wet noodle. What cute bunny pictures My bun-bun is a dwarf she is black with some white and very, very spoiled.

Old 12-09-2010, 09:21 PM

5,245 posts, read 16,420,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceT View Post
Same here. I raised rabbits for a while and let them run loose on the farm. That worked really well untill a new family moved to the area and the teens from the new family thought my rabbits were fair game if they wandered off my property. It's not "hunting" if the rabbits are someone else's pets.
That's horrible. And people wonder why I prefer animals?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowGirl View Post
And my furry companions....

Attila

Salad anyone? (Sadie, Houdini, Attila and Baxter)

Dervish

Dervish putting Sadie and BAxter in their place (I know I've posted this elsewhere but it's still a fave!!)
Dervish is a knock out!!! What kind of rabbit is that?

Rabbits are the only animal I've never been able to care for. I don't know what we do wrong. I've read on the internet about how to care for them, feed them, house them, etc and they always die. After 4 tries we've just decided that for whatever reason we're not meant to enjoy one.

Old 12-10-2010, 03:09 PM

6,591 posts, read 24,849,745 times
i want an english lop, BADLY, to the point where im looking for breeders in the new england area.

my dad promised me a rabbit when i was 7 and i after it all i think its the only type of typical "pet' animal ive never had lol.
ill probably end up waiting untill i have my own place though.

Old 12-10-2010, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs1885 View Post
Dervish is a knock out!!! What kind of rabbit is that?
Thanks!! I'm sorry rabbits haven't worked out for you....they are real characters and lots of fun to have around! Dervish is a rescue so I'm not completely sure, but I have always thought she is at least part English Spot - either a reject because her spots and the butterfly on her muzzle aren't perfect, or a hybrid.

Old 12-14-2010, 10:29 AM

7,974 posts, read 7,346,115 times
My oldest daughter had a house-trained rabbit when she was growing up - Mocha. Mocha used to jump up on your lap when you'd sit down, stay long enough to be petted, and then jump down. She never did anything destructive, other than chew my daughter's homework once. Mocha had a sister named Blackberry, but Blackberry wasn't as tame or well behaved, so she couldn't be trusted as much as Mocha or let out as much. Mocha used to "box" her (one rabbit in a pair sometimes seems to want to be dominant) and I think that's why. We had a neighbor who used to breed rabbits - for eating - and my daughter couldn't even look at him.

Old 12-16-2010, 07:34 PM

1,496 posts, read 2,438,036 times
No, I do not have rabbits, but your rabbit, looks very cute. I am also considering whether to raise one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets