Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-15-2009, 03:54 PM

2 posts, read 5,987 times

Advertisements

2 years ago my daughter and I set off to rescue a bassett from a shelter in lower Alabama. What we found instead was a bundle of personality that probably changed our lives. This mixed rescue (Corgi-Malamute?) never fails to wake up with tail wagging and a generous number of kisses for anyone trying to sleep in. Scout's self appointed duties are to insure no critters venture into the back yard and the mail man will always get one friendly bark just in case someone is expecting a special delivery. His sock garden by the way is showing promise, he's pretty sure he burried the first 12 or so just a bit too deep. His latest crop is peaking up nicely around the back corners of the vegetable garden. Last year we did have a talk regarding his transplanting of my tomatoe plants to make room for another row of footies from my daughter's hamper. Now we co-exist as two hobby farmers and all the humans enjoy a never ending supply of new socks as an added bonus. OK, there is a quick intro to our Corgi mix. Hopefully someone else will have similar tails and be willing to share some pics.
Attached Thumbnails
Mix Breeds - They really make the best pets-scout-serious-thought.jpg   Mix Breeds - They really make the best pets-scout-watching-scary-movie.jpg   Mix Breeds - They really make the best pets-scouts-1st-snow.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2009, 09:46 AM

2,126 posts, read 6,806,208 times
Cute dog. Looks like he's got a lot of personality.

I'm a mixed breed shelter dog person now myself and I'll never go back. We adopted two within the past 6 months. One is a golden retriever/german shepherd mix (we think), the other is a lab/pit/? mix. Both are incredible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets