Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-29-2010, 01:06 PM

5,245 posts, read 16,431,350 times

Advertisements

We don't get very much snow here in middle TN, but today is an exception. Now, I know those of you in Colorado will laugh at our 'snow storm' and our 'mountains' but to us, that's what it is and we're excited! I went out back a bit ago to get a new photo so I can show how quickly it's falling and accumulating. My daughter's chi ran out to play in it. He's the only dog in the house - we have 18 here now - that loves the snow!!! He'd be thrilled being allowed out for half an hour at a time to play and then tucked into the blankets on the bed next to us to warm up a bit before letting him run out again!

I grabbed the camera and got some photos and then did a quick little video. He was just so happy and excited to be playing in snow - just like a little kid! Demo went out to potty but decided it's not really his cup of tea and came right back in after doing his business.

So, those of you with snow and pets, let's see them!!

Half an hour ago when it started to fall:

With Duval, one of our many foster dogs:

Demo, not at all amused by this white stuff falling from the sky:

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2010, 01:08 PM

And just a few minutes ago when we went back out:

Trying to load the video now....

Old 01-29-2010, 01:16 PM

I never can remember how to embed these.....................

Ok, not like that............

And now like that..........

There we go!!!

Old 01-29-2010, 04:08 PM

9,352 posts, read 20,032,749 times
poor demo .... i can just hear him sayin' "MMMMOOOOOOOOMMMMMMM..... i don't LIIIIIIIKE it...... "

the chi is too cute..... i don't have any pix of dave in the snow yet.... we've only had one halfway decent snowfall since i've had him.....

here's bailey from a couple of years ago....... a great butt shot.....

its always a shock to me to see how REALLY "not-white" her white fur is against snow......

she is EXTREMELY camera shy anymore.... so i don't know if i'll be able to get anymore..... won't keep me from trying, though.....

am hoping like heck i get some good shots of dave playing in the snow at the good (big) dog park this winter........

Old 01-29-2010, 04:45 PM

I've got dogs with bladders like tanker trucks. They keep going to the back door. We'll open it to let them out and they give us 'the look'. You know, like 'uh, yeh, you go clean up that wet white crap and crank up the heater and then call me'. A tad on the spoiled side. They seem to think they can just hold it til spring!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets