Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-27-2007, 09:54 AM

5,324 posts, read 18,297,757 times

Advertisements

This time from Diamond and it's Nutra Nuggets. I just took a look at the the date of the press release and it's May 23 so if this has been posted and I missed I apologize ahead of time.

Nutra Nuggets | Vet Notes | Dogs
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2007, 11:23 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,726,224 times
Is it true??

I just heard that melamine is in baby formula, our cereals, packaged food mixes, and even in some vegetable dishes. I don't know why we're not hearing this from government sources, if this is true.

Old 05-27-2007, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
Is it true??

I just heard that melamine is in baby formula, our cereals, packaged food mixes, and even in some vegetable dishes. I don't know why we're not hearing this from government sources, if this is true.
What I posted is true, which is why I also included the link. As for the rest, I couldn't tell you.

Old 05-27-2007, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleosmom View Post
What I posted is true, which is why I also included the link. As for the rest, I couldn't tell you.
I think I wasn't clear. I know what you posted is true. I wasn't questioning you.

I wondered whether the rest (what I posted) is also true, and if anyone had heard more about it.

Old 05-27-2007, 06:40 PM

295 posts, read 1,214,825 times
Default Mela-food

Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
Is it true??

I think it's true. If those products (and others) contain glutens, flours, and/or protein concentrates that were imported from Chinese companies who routinely add melamine, cyanuric acid, and who-knows-what-else in order to fraudulently boost protein levels and therefore command higher selling prices, then the answer would be: "Yes, melamine (and other kwap) is in those products".

As to why gov't has not and probably will not disclose this to the public, IMHO it is because of the pervasive & bipartisan mega-buck-corporate "sponsorship of gov't". Because of that "sponsorship", the gov't will not do anything to jeopardize its "Golden Goose", as it has become extensively beholdin' to the mega-corporations. (Disclaimer: I believe corruption pervades all party lines at all levels - local and all the way up. Thus, this paragraph is not intended to be a political statement and should not be used as a diversion to shift the focus of this thread. )

BTW, late last week Canadian officials seized a Chinese shipment of corn gluten that tested positive for melamine AND cyanuric acid. Anyone who has followed the pet food crisis knows that those are the 2 chemicals now known to cause kidney failure and death when together in digestive tracts.

ps) Cleosmom: Thanks soooo much for the info you've provided!)

Old 05-27-2007, 09:59 PM

3,413 posts, read 8,848,498 times
I work for a food manufacturer- trust me when I tell you that there is a great deal of concern right now for the safety of the ingredients that go into our food as well. Memos are coming out almost daily- and have been for about 2 months.

Old 05-31-2007, 06:33 AM

It's not over!

Heard on the news this morning: Melamine found in an Ohio plant and more recalls are expected. Stand by and keep your eyes and ears open.

Old 05-31-2007, 08:12 AM

Grrr, we're having a hard time keeping our food in stock anymore as is our distributor because so many have made the switch from the utilitarian brands to the top of the line feeds.

Old 05-31-2007, 02:24 PM

1,082 posts, read 3,783,412 times
When I see these recalls, I thank God we feed a Raw Meat and Bones diet!!
MBG
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets