Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2010, 04:54 PM

939 posts, read 3,385,098 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newmarlig View Post
Yes, if you only need your car a couple of times a month, zipcar or PhillyCarShare | Philadelphia's local nonprofit car sharing solution are services you should look into.
I used Philly Car Share till they removed the gas cards. You had to pay for the gas yourself and send in a receipt for a refund. What a PITA that was.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2010, 08:16 PM

47 posts, read 161,497 times
OMG thank you both so much for the advice! I never thought of this! I can also save money bc I wont need car insurance!! This is great! GVill - What company do you use now since you dont use Philly Car Share? What if I only use the car for 4 hours and I dont need to refill the gas? Or do I have to refill before I bring the car back? Thanks again! I love this idea!

Old 06-26-2010, 09:13 PM

939 posts, read 3,385,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jersey224 View Post
OMG thank you both so much for the advice! I never thought of this! I can also save money bc I wont need car insurance!! This is great! GVill - What company do you use now since you dont use Philly Car Share? What if I only use the car for 4 hours and I dont need to refill the gas? Or do I have to refill before I bring the car back? Thanks again! I love this idea!
I use Zipcar. If you only want the car for 4 hours then you can pay the hourly rate (the rate depends on the model of the car). For example you can get a Honda Civic for 4 hours for $29.59 and that includes 180 miles, gas, insurance, and taxes. Or you get get it for 24 hours for $67.52 and that still includes 180 miles, gas, insurance, and taxes. As far as refilling they only ask that you return the car with 1/4 tank of gas. They supply you with a gas card that can be used at virtually any gas station. All the cars are late model and cleaned on a regular basis.

Other things I like:

-They are nationwide and have cars in the many major cities.

-The vast majority of the cars have EZpass. Zipcar just charges you for the toll on your bill.

-They have cars parked all over center city that can be reserved/picked up at a moments notice (if they are available). Obviously it's best to reserve ahead of time if you know your going to need it.

Private message me your name and email address if you decide to go with Zipcar. We'll both get a referral credit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia