Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2010, 07:36 AM

14 posts, read 17,531 times

Advertisements

I have noticed that Oxford has been taken over by illegal immigrants. Almost nine out of ten people you see on the streets are mexican. They even opened stores and restaurants. This must be due to the presence of those mushroom farms in Oxford that only hire illegal mexican. Don't be fooled by the "they do work that american won't do". They make aprox. $135 a day for 8 hours and the working conditions are not bad at all. On top of that they don't pay taxes on that money. Every mexican family has an average of 4 children, and they receive federal and state assistance for them. Something has to be done to stop this invasion.

Old 08-15-2010, 09:10 AM

118 posts, read 283,702 times
How do you know they are illegals? If they have opened stores and businesses then they have to provide municipal compliance, etc. Did you ever stop to think that the Mexicans are living there because it provides them an opportunity to live and work in a nice community on the way to becoming citizens?

Old 08-15-2010, 09:52 AM

Maybe a very small number of them are here legally, but the majority are not. You can open a business with an ITIN (Individual Taxpayer Identification Number) provided by the IRS to persons that can't obtain a SSN. I understand why they are coming to the U.S. and want to live and work in a nice community blah, blah, blah, but you know most of them don't play by the rules. They don't contribute to the community. In other words, they don't pay taxes, you know that. I'm not talking about the sales taxes that everyone pays. I'm talking about Federal and Local Taxes. They won't file a tax return UNLESS they get a refund. They even go further and cheat on their tax return claiming children in Mexico as if they were here in the U.S. so they would get $1,000 per child (Child Tax Credit and Addditional Child Tax Credit). Every year the IRS pays almost 2 billion dollars in Child Tax Credit and Additional Child Tax Credit to illegal alliens. As for the "Legal Residents" that you are talking about, I can tell you that many of them came here illegally and even though they're here legally now, they have not lost their ways. I've heard of Latino "Notaries" and "Tax Preparers" issuing fake documents like W-2s to make them eligible for a tax refund. Those running Tag services sell license plates to people without the required documentation to prove their identity and legal status. I'm sure you are very familiar with all this. I don't believe this is the RIGHT WAY to become a citizen of the United States of America.

Old 08-15-2010, 10:09 AM

5,725 posts, read 11,709,844 times
It sounds like you 'know' a lot - are you a self-hating illegal immigrant???

Old 08-15-2010, 10:46 AM

615 posts, read 544,821 times
Yes, these illegals are living pretty damn good, while the average stupid American thing they are some down trodden oppressed people though. They are all employed, making money under the table (not paying taxes), and have a roof over their head, all white being CRIMINALS. The retarded politicians are crying about not collecting enough taxes, well what do they expect when a large percentage of the workforce is illegal immigrants not paying taxes?

Old 08-15-2010, 10:53 AM

No, I'm not. It's not about hating anybody. Get the point.

Last edited by myopinion2010; 08-15-2010 at 11:09 AM..

Old 08-15-2010, 11:30 AM

1,225 posts, read 2,565,963 times
<3 bigotry

Old 08-15-2010, 12:37 PM

2,269 posts, read 7,585,480 times
This probably belongs on the general Pennsylvania board.

Old 08-15-2010, 01:59 PM

615 posts, read 544,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marius Pontmercy View Post
<3 bigotry
If someone is against rapist, thieves, or murderers do you consider them a "bigot?" Illegal aliens by definition of the laws of the country are criminals.

Old 08-15-2010, 02:02 PM

19 posts, read 68,154 times
Default illagals

why all the anger at the illegals? if they aren't paing taxes, isn't that on the employers? isn't it the "legal American" businessman you should have an issue with???
btw, about $7billion a year is paid into just social security by illegals paying taxes (m oney they'll never collect as its under false ssn's....so they do pay more than just sales taxes....and in their income range they really wouldn't be pating any federal income taxes anyway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia